Commas after subforum titles look awful!

U2 Fan

I know there's been previous discussion about how best to separate subforum titles on the index page to aid readibility, but, are, commas, the, best, solution,?

What was so wrong with the little image files in 3.1? They can also have different colours to indicate whether or not the subforums have unread content. Don't tell me they've been deemed to be "clutter"?

Striving for a "clean skin" is all very well and good but it appears as if this is being taken a litle too far in places.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to get around and bring this very subject up, but totally forgot, but yes, I too feel it doesn't look right, not to mention that it doesn't look consistent with everything else on the index page. Here's my suggestion screeshot below:

%7Boption%7D

Or smaller if you wish:

%7Boption%7D

I was going to get around and bring this very subject up, but totally forgot, but yes, I too feel it doesn't look right, not to mention that it doesn't look consistent with everything else on the index page. Here's my suggestion screeshot below:

[img]

[/img]

Or smaller if you wish:

[img]

[/img]

These two samples actually do look better than the commas out there. But yea, the commas don't look too hot IMHO.

My forum makes extensive use of subforums (we have one forum that has around thirty subforums, for example), and while the current method of displaying them is by no means beautiful, this new style would make my forums look absolutely terrifying. Any of the alternatives suggested here would be fine (I personally like the way the forum nookboards that the first person who replied linked to does it), but please, don't leave it the way it is.

My forum makes extensive use of subforums (we have one forum that has around thirty subforums, for example), and while the current method of displaying them is by no means beautiful, this new style would make my forums look absolutely terrifying. Any of the alternatives suggested here would be fine (I personally like the way the forum nookboards that the first person who replied linked to does it), but please, don't leave it the way it is.

Wow, if you have that many sub-forums for a forum and they keep them bold and set up this way, that will definitely look awkward. %7Boption%7D

Lots of members have suggested to unbold them, but no such luck.

That would be a good start, IMHO.

They are unbolded when they are read:

%7Boption%7D

Really, I can't believe the fact there are commas there is drawing this much ire. Using words like "awful" and "terrifying" to describe commas, seriously?

As I wrote in the other topic about this I think it would be better to use a dot to show that it have unread content and remove the bold.

Actually it might be a good idea to use the same in front of all forums, not just sub forums. A dot or another simple symbol to show that it has unread content just as in topics.

Archived