IPB 3.2 SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Chillyware

We have been making changes throughout the day that can heavily effect speed (i.e. we rebuilt sphinx indexes a few times today, which has to pull every single post from the database). As Tigratus said, don't judge the speed yet - a lot of resource optimizations are not made until we actually put the software on our site live and see where changes are needed.

Yeah, I can confirm that, speed is slower than 3.1.4. But I am patient and wait for the final release.

Yeah, I can confirm that, speed is slower than 3.1.4. But I am patient and wait for the final release.

As you see I HAD TO click 5 times Send button, because form was still sending... Horrible! I waited two minutes and nothing happened.

No that's not correct actually.... when you double and triple post it merges the post... at this time there is no confirmation of that auto-merge... this is a bug and it has been reported in the tracker. It will be fixed soon I assume.

As you see I HAD TO click 5 times Send button, because form was still sending... Horrible! I waited two minutes and nothing happened.

You didn't "have" to hit Post 5 times... you just opt'd to do so thus creating duplicate posts by no fault but your own..

But hey, it's beta everything is clearly IPS's fault now isn't it

You didn't "have" to hit Post 5 times... you just opt'd to do so thus creating duplicate posts by no fault but your own..

When I hit Send button post should be send in very few seconds, not in two minutes, so don't tell me that is my fault.

<p>Actually we've been seeing a ton of slowdowns and broken output (Server too busy, CSS doesn't get downloaded so you get a broken layout etc) since it went live. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>BUT</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Keep in mind that this is essentially a late Alpha/VERY early Beta version that is (apparently) being actively developed against. While Susan and I TOTALLY share the concern about speed (fast pages are vastly better for member experience and for somewhat for SEO), I'm going to wait till Charles and Co are done with this phase and feel that it's ready to be downloaded for Beta testing before getting too concerned. Even then speed optimization will likely continue to be an issue that's worked as they iterate through the Beta versions.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Love the new version. Very excited about the future, and looking forward to GETTING OUR GRUBBY MITS ON THE BETA! I really REALLY want to see the new CSS. I *was* hoping that they might go to one of the CSS grid systems (

http://960.gs/

or

http://www.blueprintcss.org/

) to help with layout, it looks like it's ALMOST on a grid... But it doesn't line up QUITE exactly right. Oh... Dang it's fluid and I just happened to have my browser set to a size that ALMOST made it a 960 width. Can't really tell until there is a fixed style (hate fluid) available to check.</p>

<p>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Ahh well, the CSS overhaul to fix the consistency across Apps was by far the biggest need for styling. Looks much better just browsing it in Firebug!</p>

Let's see if it strips them out if I edit it... Nope.

Let's try toggling the wysiwyg and back. Nope, still there.

Maybe edit, toggle wysiwyg off and THEN save? Nope.

:thumbsup:

didn't quite follow line 5 can you repost it? (evil smile)

Archived