"Like" Status Updates

Shadow82x

I requested this on the preview board, but seeing as that's gone, I'm reposting it here.

So.. Is there a reason why you can't "like" status updates? Your able to like posts, blog entries, downloads, and gallery images but why not status updates? With the success of facebook this almost seems like it's a no brainer to implement.

Not every feature is going to be built-in, the product isn't designed to be exactly what everyone wants, that's not possible. That's why the hooks system exists, so that you can install this if you want this feature, and I don't have to have it if I don't want it.

Not every feature is going to be built-in, the product isn't designed to be exactly what everyone wants, that's not possible. That's why the hooks system exists, so that you can install this if you want this feature, and I don't have to have it if I don't want it.

I understand that.. But seeing as just about every other type of content uses the "like" system, it seems status updates should too. It's a matter of consistency. I dont think its far fetched to ask something like this to be built in.

If we were talking about an arcade system on the other hand..or bloatware thats another story.

Archived