Merge "Manage Facebook" and "Manage Twitter"

Shadow82x

On the Settings page, it would make sense if "Manage Facebook" and "Manage Twitter" was under the same setting group such as "Manage Integration". Both settings pages are also a bit bare with only a few options, so again, it just makes sense.

It does make sense. Although I do fear it will make people that do not understand what integration mean ask where the facebook settings are.

If thats the case it could always be named something like "Manage Twitter/Facebook" or "Manage Connections"

I'm all for it, makes no sense to have 2 half-empty pages around. Although I will disable this stuff anyways, so I don't care.

It does make sense. Although I do fear it will make people that do not understand what integration mean ask where the facebook settings are.

/facepalm... if that is really the case I see no chance for mankind in the future. I mean, if people are even too dumb and/or too lazy to read through their settings now.. Anyways, I'm tilting at windmills here, I know. (this is not meant to insult you, but is more of a general statement. I'm all for easier use, but there must be a line somewhere. I mean, you can't let those people drive a car if they simply don't care what the settings in their cars are for... I think I'm for a computer-driving license...)

Think "Social Network Settings" could add some confusion because there are many social features in IP Board itself. "Login Options" "Login Settings" "Login Connections" sounds good to me.

Good point and I like your alternatives.

I'm all for it, although I will disable this stuff anyways, so I don't care.

/facepalm... if that is really the case I see no chance for mankind in the future. I mean, if people are even too dumb and/or too lazy to read through their settings now.. Anyways, I'm tilting at windmills here, I know.

Ikadon, you're right that people should read their settings. However, usability and logical setting names are essential. Because for you integration might sound logic, but your users may not even see it as 'integration' but merely as very handy.

Ikadon, you're right that people should read their settings. However, usability and logical setting names are essential. Because for you integration might sound logic, but your users may not even see it as 'integration' but merely as very handy.

I'm with you there, but if people ask (admins and staff) before searching themselves (I mean, all is tabs here! You can't break anything!) which takes just a few seconds I think we can't make it any easier for them. I'm not against easyness, I'm against lazy- and dumbness... and you can't help those people :(

Archived