Marketplace Files

Fishfish0001

As a contributor, I would really appreciate being able to edit my own files inside the marketplace even without an active license. I want to be able tp update some links, and upload new versions of some of my files, but I cannot because I don't hold an active license for IP. Board.

Can this be re-thought a bit to make it easier for me to support my modifications?

This is one of the main reasons why I renew my license so I can continue to upload and support my products in the marketplace.

IPS please re-think it so that when contributors licenses expire be able to upload new versions, edit submittions and support their products.

The problem is simply that IP.Downloads does not have the ability to do this at present within our configuration. We assign permission masks (and a basic group change) based on the packages you have purchased, and then those permission masks work for both the forums and the download manager. Download manager does not have a way to read a custom field ("contributor") and then give you additional access beyond what your permission mask allows.

We will keep this in mind, as I would like to do something about this at some point, but there's not going to be any immediate change I'm afraid.

The problem is simply that IP.Downloads does not have the ability to do this at present within our configuration. We assign permission masks (and a basic group change) based on the packages you have purchased, and then those permission masks work for both the forums and the download manager. Download manager does not have a way to read a custom field ("contributor") and then give you additional access beyond what your permission mask allows.

We will keep this in mind, as I would like to do something about this at some point, but there's not going to be any immediate change I'm afraid.

Ok thanks for the reply. Is it possible to make a script that checks for the contributor status, and applies a mask to the users with it? I might be over simplifying it.

• Management

I appreciate the concern, but in my mind, this honestly isn't something that warrants much development time/resources. By and large, if you're using the marketplace as a seller/author, you'll likely be maintaining an active license. I'm not sure how one would legitimately update their modifications / resources without the latest version of the software, which of course, can only be obtained by having an active license.

Archived