(DP34) Custom Links

DawPi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

File Name: (DP34) Custom Links File Submitter: DawPi File Submitted: 16 May 2011 File Category: Promotion Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x With this app you can change one ph

Hi, could you send me PM with content of this post for tests? Thanks in advance!

Works fine. :)

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I noticed after installing this modification on my forum with roughly 20 or so pairs, the forum has slowed down a great deal. Is there anything that can be done to improve this? We are on a good server with plenty of horsepower so I suspect this has something to do with the way the plugin scans for words. I'm not sure.

Ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed after installing this modification on my forum with roughly 20 or so pairs, the forum has slowed down a great deal. Is there anything that can be done to improve this? We are on a good server with plenty of horsepower so I suspect this has something to do with the way the plugin scans for words. I'm not sure.

Ideas?

I have the same issue. Have had to disable. Longer threads are slowest at loading but in general the entire site is slower overall.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, there is few situation when this mod will slower the site, but not too much. It's obvious that mod such like this will do that rarely.

I actually stopped using the mod because it slowed down our site so much. (We have a pretty powerful dedicated server too) We even upgraded (we're cloud based now) in hopes that it would help with the speed issue but no luck :(

We used it to link keywords to our online store and it really helped bring in sales! However I'm wondering if perhaps we used too many keywords? I would be willing to install it again and provide you ASP details if you think perhaps you could help resolve the issue. We'd even be willing to pay you for your time if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a problem with the recognition of search/replace phrases:

I would like to use a pair for "ABC.xyz" and replace it by a certain link. That doesn't work.

Something like "ABC xyz" don*t work either.

Only thing I found working is "xyz".

It looks you can't handle none characters (a dot or a space) in your search properly.

Do you think you can fix this? Otherwise you application is unfortunately completely useless to me :-(

Regards, Tom.

Hello @DawPi

Many thanks for your great Mod ! 

I have just one big issue with IP.Gallery :

- Let's say that I have set the mod to link "Nike" to http://www.nike.com.

- If a member of the Forum inserts an IP.Gallery named "My beautiful Nike shoes" in a message, the name of the gallery should be a link to the gallery. Unfortunately, with your mod, the word "Nike" will be linked to the custom link, and will break the link to the gallery, and it will be displayed very oddly. 

Could you have a look at this issue please ? 

Thanks !  

Edit : A good solution could be to exclude IP.Galery albums inserted in messages from the Pair

Edited by Michaël Maarek