(RSyvarth) Social Groups

rsyvarth

I didn't feel it was my place to reveal this but since you asked...

After I asked him, the developer notified me by PM about a month ago that he does not intend to port this app to 4.0, and will not be further developing the app. This came as no surprise to me, but it is still unfortunate.

The good news is that Social Groups works just fine for me under 3.4.8, and our site will continue to use it until we fully migrate to 4.0 and the Group Collaborations app. I have just started working with this app, but I am very comfortable with its functionality and impressed with its quality.. It also includes a full Social Groups migration utility!

I don't think there are any alternatives to Social Groups for IPB 3.x.

to bad he lacks the nuts to tell his clients ts that there is  no support on 3 or 4. Total waste of money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2017 at 10:43 PM, mrbowers said:

Guess this project is no longer supported

That's very unfortunate, as our community is using Social Groups. Is there any way to move topics from groups to regular forums?

Edited by Zhana

29 minutes ago, Zhana said:

That's very unfortunate, as our community is using Social Groups. Is there any way to move topics from groups to regular forums?

Yes sure. The groups are just like norml forums. You can move them like any other topic. If you deactivate the Social Group AddOn it will keep the Social Group Forums as normal Forums. You just need to take care about the authorization. 

16 minutes ago, hjmaier said:

Yes sure. The groups are just like norml forums. You can move them like any other topic. If you deactivate the Social Group AddOn it will keep the Social Group Forums as normal Forums. You just need to take care about the authorization. 

Thank you very much.