Community

rsyvarth

(RSyvarth) Social Groups

Is it really on purpose that posts even from hidden groups are showing and are readable for everyone through the View new content? It seems like a privacy issue.

It does not help to change the permissions of the group discussion (at least of my test users have done it correctly).

Is it really on purpose that posts even from hidden groups are showing and are readable for everyone through the View new content? It seems like a privacy issue.

It does not help to change the permissions of the group discussion (at least of my test users have done it correctly).

It's a shame this hasn't been addressed! sad.png

This is what happens when a non-admin non-group-member tries to access the page. Surprisingly it works fine if you're not logged in. After that, it suggests you try joining the group.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/longecit/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3846) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/longecit/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3846) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/longecit/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

ok i have a problem with one of my forums reg love notes forum being under the group i just made.. the love notes has the banner and all.. its called love notes and my group is I love 777 whats up with this why do social group show up on a regular forum?

yes i have a problem where any new TOPIC in all the forums it seems the ones i tried anyways they when posted come under the header of my first groups I love 777 not sure why this is.. but it means people that are not part of my group cant post in a regular forum.. just got a complaint about that.. so i turned off social groups till this bug is fixed or you can tell me how to repair it..

Looks like certain tags will make topics kindof part of a group.

For instance this thread: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/73169-difference-between-nsi-189-phosphate-and-the-base-version/

appears to be a part of the NSI-189 group, but it's really not if you follow the link above.

attachicon.gifgroups-bug.png

this i think is the same problem i am having

I guess it might have to do with TAGS yes

might be the problem i am having

Is there any way to fix this huge privacy issue with all topics from all groups shown in the new content, even if they are hidden and private and such?

I would not mind to pay extra to get it done, it's just that right now this mod is useless for me because of this, and I need it on my forums (especially since I cannot upgrade my IPB2.4 forum until this is fixed and I will be able to move my member teams over to social groups!)

Is there any way to fix this huge privacy issue with all topics from all groups shown in the new content, even if they are hidden and private and such?

I would not mind to pay extra to get it done, it's just that right now this mod is useless for me because of this, and I need it on my forums (especially since I cannot upgrade my IPB2.4 forum until this is fixed and I will be able to move my member teams over to social groups!)

Is there a fix for this bug?

Ok, sorry for the awful support. I am back around for a bit now. This is sort of a blanket response since there have been many issues with configuring permissions properly. I will go back through soon and answer individual questions as needed. (I am still planning on updating this app for IPB 4.0, it just might take me a little while).

So permissions on social groups work very similarly to IPB. That means that all the "invite only" setting controls is whether members can join the group or not. "Hidden" just controls whether the group will show up in the social group listing.

In addition to these settings each user role (similar to user group in IPB) has its own unique set of permissions. So if you want to make a group that you need to join in order to view content you need to alter the "guest" role's permissions to prevent viewing on any of the content in the group. There are general settings for each role in the "Roles" section of the GroupCP and if you wish to control access to forums you will need to permissions in the "Forums" tab.

This also applies to issues with view new content, the user must be unable to view the forum in question (via social group permissions) in order to have it removed from view new content. It is possible that there is a bug here, but last I checked this was working as expected.

I hope that clarifies everyone's issues, please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for clarifying that. I have struggled a little with this - and there is still one issue.

As I understand - to have a page hidden for those thats not members - I need to have the page permissions like this:

post-300633-0-69267000-1411297759_thumb.

If I invite someone to a group - they get this picture when they follow the link in the PM:

post-300633-0-08349500-1411297812_thumb.

Now - if I give guests permissons to view the page - they get the Join group link on top there

post-300633-0-11597500-1411297740_thumb.

Could you point in a direction so that this page is still hidden for guests - and only invited members can see the group?

So permissions on social groups work very similarly to IPB. That means that all the "invite only" setting controls is whether members can join the group or not. "Hidden" just controls whether the group will show up in the social group listing.

In addition to these settings each user role (similar to user group in IPB) has its own unique set of permissions. So if you want to make a group that you need to join in order to view content you need to alter the "guest" role's permissions to prevent viewing on any of the content in the group. There are general settings for each role in the "Roles" section of the GroupCP and if you wish to control access to forums you will need to permissions in the "Forums" tab.

This also applies to issues with view new content, the user must be unable to view the forum in question (via social group permissions) in order to have it removed from view new content. It is possible that there is a bug here, but last I checked this was working as expected.

I hope that clarifies everyone's issues, please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for the clarification ... but I don't think that it's optional. When someone creates a hidden group, it should be expected that posts in the group are not readable for anyone how hasn't joined - as default! Even for groups that are public, it should a default, that guests cannot read posts in there, without joining.

Is it hard to change in the code? For me it needs to be a default, I won't be able to use it otherwise. People need to trust that when they create a hidden group - then it's completely hidden without them having to change settings first! It would to big a risk that they would post something confedentional or personal, without realising.

I hope this will be changed in the code, or at least I would like to know where to change it, so as default the above settings are set, so that guests cannot read posts in groups :)

Hi,

I have just installed this app on my board.

I translated the app in french (except help text), but this causes a few issues :

1) Social groups js menus doesn't work if i choose french language :

post-526732-0-62144700-1412259867_thumb.

post-526732-0-53845800-1412259921_thumb.

Note : if I choose english language, all are working

2) Some text are not present in ACP social groups language set :

post-526732-0-47529600-1412259971_thumb.

Could you help me ?

Thank you in advance!

(sorry for my bad english...)

Why when I make a group my forums always ask for a password no matter what I do. I never set one and I can't get in

Not getting answers ? thx for the great support....thumbsup.pngpinch.pngpinch.pngpinch.png

Im a fool for upgrading this

Thank you for clarifying that. I have struggled a little with this - and there is still one issue.

As I understand - to have a page hidden for those thats not members - I need to have the page permissions like this:

attachicon.gif21-09-2014 13-02-04.jpg

If I invite someone to a group - they get this picture when they follow the link in the PM:

attachicon.gif21-09-2014 13-00-32.jpg

Now - if I give guests permissons to view the page - they get the Join group link on top there

attachicon.gif21-09-2014 13-03-23.jpg

Could you point in a direction so that this page is still hidden for guests - and only invited members can see the group?

Unfortunately that is not possible currently. The invited user will have to press the "join group" button in order to view the homepage.

Thank you for the clarification ... but I don't think that it's optional. When someone creates a hidden group, it should be expected that posts in the group are not readable for anyone how hasn't joined - as default! Even for groups that are public, it should a default, that guests cannot read posts in there, without joining.

Is it hard to change in the code? For me it needs to be a default, I won't be able to use it otherwise. People need to trust that when they create a hidden group - then it's completely hidden without them having to change settings first! It would to big a risk that they would post something confedentional or personal, without realising.

I hope this will be changed in the code, or at least I would like to know where to change it, so as default the above settings are set, so that guests cannot read posts in groups smile.png

Go to ACP -> Social Groups -> Default Ranks -> Guest and edit their permissions so that they cannot see the forum. This should make it so all groups created from now on will start off with guests not being able to view the group forum. I believe this will resolve your issue.

Hi,

I have just installed this app on my board.

I translated the app in french (except help text), but this causes a few issues :

1) Social groups js menus doesn't work if i choose french language :

attachicon.gifjs menus.jpg

attachicon.gifdrag and drop.jpg

Note : if I choose english language, all are working

2) Some text are not present in ACP social groups language set :

attachicon.giftext.jpg

Could you help me ?

Thank you in advance!

(sorry for my bad english...)

1. Can you press F12 and go to the console tab and send me any errors that show up? Not sure why it wouldn't work with a different language.

2. It seems like you will have to do file edits to translate those strings unfortunately =/

I am planning on starting work on the 4.0 version of Social Groups in about 10 days. I will post updates in this topic as I make progress.

1. Can you press F12 and go to the console tab and send me any errors that show up? Not sure why it wouldn't work with a different language.

2. It seems like you will have to do file edits to translate those strings unfortunately =/

I am planning on starting work on the 4.0 version of Social Groups in about 10 days. I will post updates in this topic as I make progress.

Thank you for your reply!

If I choose IPB default Skin + English : All working, no errors

If I choose IPB default Skin + French, I get this error : uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

If I choose Dashboard Skin + English, I get this error : Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function

If I choose Dashboard Skin + French, I get this error : uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

I hope it will help you..

If you want I can give you on PM admin access to my website.

Go to ACP -> Social Groups -> Default Ranks -> Guest and edit their permissions so that they cannot see the forum. This should make it so all groups created from now on will start off with guests not being able to view the group forum. I believe this will resolve your issue.

I removed every permission from guests and that did the trick. Finally this mod will be useful for me. Thank you so much!

Hi rsyvarth,

Could you reply to my post ? (posted 3 weeks ago...)

I can't use your app till these issues are not fixed.

Thank you in advance

Before a member join a hidden group he is just a guest and he does not see anything of the social group - all is fine there.

When a member join Group 1 he can suddenly also see that there is a new topic in group B - even if his it not a member there. He can just the topic in recent posts - not read what is in the post.

Has anyone the same problem or suggestion for a fix?

Is this app still being developed?  Is a new version coming for the new version of the forums?  Interested in buying this, but only if developer is still supporting the product.  Makes me nervous when the developer doesn't answer questions for  months.