Community

rsyvarth

(RSyvarth) Social Groups

Problems with member group count. Our group shows 25 members. But the member link only shows 20 listed. If I look in the groupcp, under manage members, I see all 25 members. Is this because there is a pagination count missing from the front side of social groups? Or is the display of member names simply based on the search filter criteria last used? So one of our other groups has 77 members and if I change the advanced search criteria to 60 (maximum), all you see is 60 members.

Also, I checked in the system scheduler and I found the 'Group Member Recount' was functioning (not locked) but when I clicked to run it manually, I received this fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method permMask::rebuildMemberCount() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/groups/tasks/groups_recount.php on line 114

Whoah, no, don't follow Ben's advice. The reason why is the forum structure created by a group is done within the machinations of the social groups code, and the accompanying permissions. To understand what I'm talking about, go in to the ACP, go to Systems, click on Forums, and look at one of the existing forums in your social groups. You'll see the security code that is generated there.

It is a ways back but others have asked the same question in this support topic.

Just create a new forum in the social group, then mass move all your topics (not the original forum) from the old forum to the new forum. If you are concerned about people landing or visiting the old forum and not seeing anything, you can create a new topic there and instantly make it a redirect.

I tried this and I didn't work for me. All my members had to clear their cache after the update. Is there an easy way to get it all back?

Problems with member group count. Our group shows 25 members. But the member link only shows 20 listed. If I look in the groupcp, under manage members, I see all 25 members. Is this because there is a pagination count missing from the front side of social groups? Or is the display of member names simply based on the search filter criteria last used? So one of our other groups has 77 members and if I change the advanced search criteria to 60 (maximum), all you see is 60 members.

Also, I checked in the system scheduler and I found the 'Group Member Recount' was functioning (not locked) but when I clicked to run it manually, I received this fatal error:

The system scheduler for Group Member Recount is no longer used, you can run the task manually under ACP -> Social Groups -> Tools -> Group Memeber Recount

Hi Rsybarth,

What about using the bugtracker for this mod? :smile:

Cheers
Mario

I do, I keep track of all bugs here: http://demo.syvarth.com/tracker/project-1-social-groups/

I tried this and I didn't work for me. All my members had to clear their cache after the update. Is there an easy way to get it all back?

What did you do / what exactly isn't working?

I created another forum and moved everything to the new forum and then when I go to the new forum, it still asks me for a password. Now, once I enter the password one time, it goes into my cache and I don't have to worry about it, but then I have to give out the password to all members that have a group, and they have to give it out to all the people they want in their group.

Same problem all over again and contacted you through a PM..

Rob,

Having issues once again.. Contact the Promenu dev Rob below and has responded. Now I'm back to square one and see if you could provide a solution.

Bernabe Guerra Jr., on 25 Mar 2013 - 10:12, said:snapback.png

Hey Rob..

Hope all is well.. I'm having an issue after I upgraded to 3.0.5 and now having issues with one of my Ap. I have to disable the promenu in order for my Social Groups Ap ro properly use it, i.e. Not able to drap and drop using the JS.

This is the one I'm using that was working before http://www.themotorp...6.custom.min.js

Is there anything I can do to make it work? Just trying to confirm whats conflicting.

Ben

1. There is no way to do what you are asking without modifying some code / getting someone to write you a hook. There is a hook included in the app under the folder "Extra" that adds the groups that a member is in to their user info pane (The thing to the left of your posts, pms, etc)

2. There is no easy (user friendly) way to move multiple people into a social group at once, although if you are familiar with mysql it is a rather simple query to execute.

3. You cannot delete an invite once it has been sent currently

Please tell me what the query is to run in mysql. I am definitely interested in that.

Also (because I'm needy, I guess), is there a way to allow a member of ANY group to have access to read and write in ALL social group forums? I can't seem to find why my social group members cannot post in any but their own groups (these were only meant to be mutually exclusive in terms of membership to a group, not being able to read and post). Is it within the forums permissions, and I'm just missing it?

I have purchased and installed Social Groups 2.x (current version) and I am in need of some support regarding permissions configuration. Where and with whom can I get this support?

Jeff Wexler JWSOUNDGROUP.NET jw@jwsoud.net

Just had a strange thing happen, setup a new group with one forum - a member joined - (they are a site moderator ) and they can't access the forum - every time they click it gives the error that they don't have access - but there is nothing that I can find that would prevent him from access, - i even logged in as him and seen the error. - irony he is one of the folks who suggested the forum.

Anyone using tapatalk with this mod ?? , all of a sudden it's asking for passwords for social groups ???

RSyvarth has previously said this is a limitation of how Social Groups works - the password is used as a key by the Social Groups application so it can manage sub-forum moderation within the Group CP, it cannot be relaxed in a way to allow Tapatalk to work :( :(

Please tell me what the query is to run in mysql. I am definitely interested in that.

Also (because I'm needy, I guess), is there a way to allow a member of ANY group to have access to read and write in ALL social group forums? I can't seem to find why my social group members cannot post in any but their own groups (these were only meant to be mutually exclusive in terms of membership to a group, not being able to read and post). Is it within the forums permissions, and I'm just missing it?

As far as the query goes the best way to do it would be to use a tool like phpMyAdmin, go to the social_groups table to find the ID (g_id) of the group that you are going to be adding members to.

Run the following command to get the default rank id for new members in the group (or you can manually choose any rank you want, just search the social_groups_ranks table where the g_id is the group that you are trying to add to for a list of ranks/ids)

select * from social_groups_ranks where g_id = *G_ID* and type = 'default'

Take the rank_id from there and run the following query (replacing the parts surrounded with **)

insert into ipb_social_group_members VALUES (*MEMBER_ID*,*G_ID*,*RANK_ID*,0,1,UNIX_TIMESTAMP(),0,0,0)

Just change those 3 values on each insert and you can add any member to any group that you'd like! Let me know whether or not that is helpful!

I have purchased and installed Social Groups 2.x (current version) and I am in need of some support regarding permissions configuration. Where and with whom can I get this support?

Jeff Wexler JWSOUNDGROUP.NET jw@jwsoud.net

I will respond to the PM you sent me.

Anyone using tapatalk with this mod ?? , all of a sudden it's asking for passwords for social groups ???

It appears that tapatalk doesn't honor IPB's hook system when checking forum permissions so Social Groups has no way of controlling the way they output forums unfortunately.

Just had a strange thing happen, setup a new group with one forum - a member joined - (they are a site moderator ) and they can't access the forum - every time they click it gives the error that they don't have access - but there is nothing that I can find that would prevent him from access, - i even logged in as him and seen the error. - irony he is one of the folks who suggested the forum.

Can you give me a screenshot of the error? There are two different places that permissions issues can come from (IPB or Social Groups), if I can see where the error is coming from I can help you check on your permissions.

RSyvarth has previously said this is a limitation of how Social Groups works - the password is used as a key by the Social Groups application so it can manage sub-forum moderation within the Group CP, it cannot be relaxed in a way to allow Tapatalk to work :sad: :sad:

It was working - now it does not ???

I have a question. On my own board, I deleted my own group. But some asked for it back, so I tried to make a new group with the same name and it gave me a data base error. Are we not allowed to have two or more groups (even deleted groups) with the same name?

any guidance you can recommend to allow me to grant access for my member?

UDPATE: I've got it sorted - the member is a moderator and for some reason the main category didn't allow him access. Flipped the bit and saved he now has access.

I've just upgraded this from 2.0 beta to 2.0.2...

And to access any forum from social groups i I'm being asked for password.

(RSyvarth) Social Group Forum v2.0.2 extension must be off - it causes blank page.

What the hell is going on with this extension?

Hi

I'm not sure where I might be missing something, but the latest group posts feature doesn't seem to be working for me. The forum permissions allow the member groups to see the posts, they can click into the discussion board etc, but the latest posts feature just indicates that there is no new content. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers

John

(PS the latest posts feature IS working for non-group forums)

My social groups app is down. Hello?? I can't use it.
(RSyvarth) Social Group Forum v2.0.2 changes my whole ipb into blank page.

I've just upgraded this from 2.0 beta to 2.0.2...

And to access any forum from social groups i I'm being asked for password.

(RSyvarth) Social Group Forum v2.0.2 extension must be off - it causes blank page.

What the hell is going on with this extension?

Did you install the HOOK?

(RSyvarth) Social Group Forum v2.0.2
Controls the output for Social Group Forums

We had the same problem until I realized that this hook had been disabled.