(RSyvarth) Social Groups

rsyvarth

I have settings set to show all our forums to non members (excluding on Index) and they're not visible either.

Yea, it was a bug with one of the queries in the SG Forum hook.

I have now released Social Groups 1.2.5b which addresses this issue. Just download the application again, upload it, and then go to ACP -> Manage Hooks -> Reimport Application Hooks and it should resolve the issue.

Sorry for the issues with this release, I guess I rushed my testing process a bit. :sad:

Hi,

I was adding new categories earlier today ok

I have just installed 1.2.5b

Now when I try to add a category I get
Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

When members or guests attempt to view a thread or social group forum that's public, they receive the following::

Enter Forum Password

This forum is protected by a password!
You must enter the correct forum password to gain access to this forum. Please ensure that your browser is capable of storing temporary cookies.

• Forum Password

or CANCEL

If they don't enter any password and click proceed, they get:

IP.board Message
Please wait while you are logged into this group's forum.

and it successfully logs them in ?

rysvarth, are there plans to make this more mobile friendly (like IP.Board Mobile etc)? It's the only thing holding me up. looks great on desktops!

I will be working on making it more mobile friendly in the next version, the only issue I have is that there is a lot of information shown on group pages so I am not sure how to best display it / what needs to be removed to keep the pages manageable.

Follow the group

Go to Content I follow

Select Social Groups to the left

and get a message

[#10145,1]  The application 'Social Groups' does not support search

There is no search plugin for Social Groups right now, I will mark a feature request for the next version of the app to include compatibility with VNC, My Content, etc.

When members or guests attempt to view a thread or social group forum that's public, they receive the following::

Enter Forum Password

[color=#7F7F7F][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]This forum is protected by a password!

You must enter the correct forum password to gain access to this forum. Please ensure that your browser is capable of storing temporary cookies.[/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]

[/font]

• Forum Password

[color=#5A5A5A][size=3]or CANCEL[/size][/color]

If they don't enter any password and click proceed, they get:

IP.board Message
Please wait while you are logged into this group's forum.

and it successfully logs them in ?

Hmmm that is kinda an odd situation. I would probably need to look at your board to see exactly what is going on. If you could send me a PM with your board URL I would appreciate it.

I need help with my groups! the problem is when admin's on the groups, send a message for everybody in the groups.. in the msn u can see the codes, i meant the bold code, style, color, font.. etc! somebody can fix it or give me support!! thanks.

It seems to be working fine for my test board. What version of the application are you running?

Yea, it was a bug with one of the queries in the SG Forum hook.

[size=5]I have now released Social Groups 1.2.5b[/size] which addresses this issue. Just download the application again, upload it, and then go to ACP -> Manage Hooks -> Reimport Application Hooks and it should resolve the issue.

Sorry for the issues with this release, I guess I rushed my testing process a bit. :sad:

For some reason, this hasn't resolved this problem for me. I cannot see groups which were previously listed in my forums.

You can check

this forum

with "Show All" setting. On the board index you can view only yours groups forums (subforums of the main group forum category).

I can see 4 forums there.. are there supposed to be more?

Hi,

Yep, all shown there. Permissions all double checked for the forums and the groups, all set to be visible.

Have you checked the permissions of the group categories? They too have different visibility options now.