(RSyvarth) Social Groups

rsyvarth

Hi Robert,
yesterday I started the Groups for my "normal" members. Now the're questions :smile:

Groups forums and the threads should be readable for all users - regardless if they're member of the group or not. But it doesn't work.

He're forums permissions

post-148671-0-08434000-1326018721_thumb.

and default group permissions

post-148671-0-86346500-1326018751_thumb.

And: How can I sort groups on group directory alphabetical?

@Clauydia999:

How can I sort groups on group directory alphabetical?

Are you looking for them to display by default in an alphabetical order? Right now you can sort them with the filter groups function to display that way, - group name- ascending.

Groups forums and the threads should be readable for all users - regardless if they're member of the group or not. But it doesn't work.

I'm confused. Why have groups at all if you want everyone to read all the forums and all the threads? Well, anyway, my suggestion is to ensure your 'join group' permissions are selected for 'members' in the global settings of the ACP for My Apps - Social Groups. Look for Global Settings in the left column under Settings, and then scroll all the way down to Group Permissions. This is just a shot in the dark but perhaps it will help.

Hi Robert,

yesterday I started the Groups for my "normal" members. Now the're questions :smile:

What error are they getting? I just tested it on my dev board and it seems to be working just fine..

And: How can I sort groups on group directory alphabetical?

Open adminapplications_addonothergroupsmodules_publiclistlist.php

On line 337 replace

if( isset($this->request['sort']) && strlen($this->request['sort']) > 0 ){

$this->sort = IPSText::parseCleanValue( $this->request['sort'] );

}

if( isset($this->request['order']) && strlen($this->request['order']) > 0 ){

$this->order = IPSText::parseCleanValue( $this->request['order'] );

}

With

if( isset($this->request['sort']) && strlen($this->request['sort']) > 0 ){

$this->sort = IPSText::parseCleanValue( $this->request['sort'] );

} else {

$this->sort = 'g_name';

}

if( isset($this->request['order']) && strlen($this->request['order']) > 0 ){

$this->order = IPSText::parseCleanValue( $this->request['order'] );

} else {

$this->order = 'asc';

}

I tested two versions of apps (1.2.4 and 1.2.5). 1.2.4 - there is no such problem.

Are you saying that in 1.2.5 non-members cannot read group forums? Because it seems to be working fine for me...

No, If go through the group page, guests can watch forum. But at the forum index groups forums are not visible.

You can check my test forum: [url="http://bonov.tmweb.ru/forum/43-%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BF/"]http://bonov.tmweb.ru/forum/43-%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BF/[/url]

What is your 'Group Forum Display' setting set to? (ACP -> Social Groups -> Individual Group Settings)
You also need to check your category visibility settings (ACP -> Social Groups -> Categories) since now each category has the ability to have different display settings.

Can you check the permission grid for that particular group? It is under Group → Manage Group → Manage Permissions

If you're meaning ACP > Members > Manage User Permissions - this is the grid for members

post-148671-0-23741200-1326045842_thumb.

"Gruppen" is the forum parent for subforums, "Baden-Württemberg" is the forum for the group called "Baden-Württemberg".

Greetings and thanks!

Claudia

What is your 'Group Forum Display' setting set to? (ACP -> Social Groups -> Individual Group Settings)

You also need to check your category visibility settings (ACP -> Social Groups -> Categories) since now each category has the ability to have different display settings.

All setting are set to Show All...

All setting are set to Show All...

Looks like there was a typo in one of my ACP files.

If you downloaded 1.2.5 before this post was made:
Redownload 1.2.5 and re-upload it (no need to install again). You will need to go through all of your categories and edit and resave them to fix the issue.

In "ACP > Groups > Individual Group" I set "Allow Manage Permissions" on "No".

Default group permissions are these:

post-148671-0-86707200-1326046603_thumb.

But: If I set "Allow Manage Permissions" on "Yes" and then go to "Manage Permissions" in a group then the grid is this:

post-148671-0-58142400-1326046594_thumb.

Were these groups made before the default permissions were setup? If so that is the issue. Default permissions only apply to groups which are made after they permissions are setup...