We want to feature your community! ×

Community

(RSyvarth) Social Groups

rsyvarth

Did you run the query I put in

this

post? If not, you need to. After you run that, edit the Members user group and make sure their Join Limit is set to -1.

I've tried running that in phpmyadmin on the Query tab and get the message:

#1146 - Table '*mydatabasename*.groups' doesn't exist

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

File Name: (RSyvarth) Social Groups File Submitter: rsyvarth File Submitted: 14 May 2011 File Category: User and Social Engagement Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x The Social

Everyone who is currently running IPB 3.3.0. You can update Social Groups 1.2.5 to run on 3.3 by uploading the following hook. It will address the group_forum_breadcrumb error that you are experiencin

will 1.x.x install on ipb 3.3? It will install just fine but you will probably get some errors on the front-end of the site but it should generally install fine. The reason for this install

Posted Images

Thank you!

Now sorted and resolved. :)

Despite the questions I've had along the way I have to say this is the single best mod I've implemented. Really impressed.

I met a lot of site users in the flesh today and they're really starting to like it.

Thank you!

Now sorted and resolved. :smile:

Despite the questions I've had along the way I have to say this is the single best mod I've implemented. Really impressed.

I met a lot of site users in the flesh today and they're really starting to like it.

Glad that is sorted for you.

Yes this has been done but we are using your latest version which included this hotfix.

And they are still getting the error? I will probably need to take a look at your app's configuration in that case... I would appreciate it if you would send me a PM with a link to your site so I can take a look.

And they are still getting the error? I will probably need to take a look at your app's configuration in that case... I would appreciate it if you would send me a PM with a link to your site so I can take a look.

PM sent.

Thanks for helping :)

I have this error:

Warning: Division by zero in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 2658

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

It's on an Group-View. The group is private.

I have this error:

Warning: Division by zero in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 2658

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in /www/htdocs/XXX/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

Okay, this happens, if there is no Group-description added.

Whenever I edit a group description it is saved, but when the page refreshes all the things that I entered are deleted. This is very annoying because every time I'd like to edit the description I have to start from scratch. Anyone else getting this error?

I have this error:

Try applying the fix outlined in this post / re-downloading and re-uploading RC1.

Whenever I edit a group description it is saved, but when the page refreshes all the things that I entered are deleted. This is very annoying because every time I'd like to edit the description I have to start from scratch. Anyone else getting this error?

Yea, that makes sense. I started using data caches to hold the group info. I'll push out a new version real quick to fix that since it is sort of a major issue... I guess we will be getting a premature RC2

And of course there is still an issue... if you have issues with groups that don't have descriptions giving you a "divide by zero" error, here is a quick fix.

Open up /admin/applications_addon/other/groups/modules_public/view/view.php

On line 283 find

while ( $row = $this->DB->fetch( ) )

{

$this->group = array_merge( $row, $this->group );

}

Add BELOW

$this->group['g_portal_news_num'] = $this->group['g_portal_news_num'] > 0 ? $this->group['g_portal_news_num'] : 5;

$this->group['g_portal_posts_num'] = $this->group['g_portal_posts_num'] > 0 ? $this->group['g_portal_posts_num'] : 5;

$this->group['g_portal_mem_num'] = $this->group['g_portal_mem_num'] > 0 ? $this->group['g_portal_mem_num'] : 5;

If you do not wish to perform these changes manually, I will be re-uploading RC2 with this fix shortly. Just simply re-upload the files (no need to re-install) and it should fix the issue.. I will edit this post once RC2 contains this fix.

EDIT: The fix is now up. Re-download RC2 if you wish.

Edited by rsyvarth

Thanks for including some of our suggestions and fixes in this new version.

I just tested permissions and went to view a public groups forum logged in as a guest as well as a logged in board admin(not to be confused with group admin.) I have "Show Forum" and "Read Topics" in Default Group Permissions section checked off down the line for all users. On each occasion, I received the following error:
You must be a member of this group in order to view their forum.

Mind you that the default group permissions do not affect groups which were already created before you change the default permissions, they only affect groups which are created after you change the default permissions. So check the individual group's settings to ensure that its permissions are configured correctly. Also, make sure you are running RC2 not RC1 as there was an issue with RC1 that messed up the permissions slightly.

group_forum_show hook doesn't respect Cookie settings, especially "cookie prefix", which leads to reloading loop.

To reproduce - setup cookie prefix in ACP and then try to visit group's forum.

Code that produces error:

IPSCookie::set( "ipbforumpass_".$group['g_forum'], md5( '1' ) );

Actually, problem is somewere else, cause IPSCookie should automatically add prefixes, but... I still have loop with "Please wait while you are logged into this group\'s forum" message from here:

if( ( IPSCookie::get( "ipbforumpass_".$group['g_forum'] ) != md5( '' . $group['g_start'] ) )  ){

IPSCookie::set( "ipbforumpass_".$group['g_forum'], md5( '' . $group['g_start'] ) );

header( 'refresh: 0; url=http://'. $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] );

$message = 'Please wait while you are logged into this group\'s forum.';

return $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('groups')->showLoginMessage( $message, $group );

exit;

}

The creation date isn't listed down to the second in any location (the password is the full unix timestamp), so they would have to be trying for a long time to find the correct password. The md5 isn't of my choice, IPB stores its forum password cookies like that, so I had to replicate it. I could potentially make the password more complex, but I doubt you will have much of an issue with people figuring out the password. I'll mark it as a feature suggestion for the next version..

I have been made aware of a small error which caused issues with accessing the warn panel and posting various errors around the site.

Here is a fix for now

Try opening up the /hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_somethinghere.php file and replace its contents with the following.

<?php

/*

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

|   Social Groups

|   ========================================

|   by Robert Syvarth (aka RSyvarth)

|   © 2010 - 2011 Robert Syvarth

|   ========================================

|   Web: http://demo.beyondforge.com

|   Email: socialgroups@syvarth.com

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------

|   > $Date: 27 February 2011 $

|   > $Revision: 1 $

|   > $Author: robert $

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------

|

|   > Control group forum breadcrumb

|   > Script written by Robert Syvarth

|   > Date started: 27th February 2011

|

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*/

class group_forum_breadcrumb extends output

{

public function sendOutput()

{

//-----------------------------------------

// INIT

//-----------------------------------------

$this->registry   =  ipsRegistry::instance();

$this->DB     	= $this->registry->DB();

$this->settings   =& $this->registry->fetchSettings();

$this->memberData =& $this->registry->member()->fetchMemberData();

$this->lang = $this->registry->getClass('class_localization');

$this->lang->loadLanguageFile( array( 'public_view' ), 'groups' );

if( isset($_REQUEST['f']) || isset($_REQUEST['t']) ){

if( $_REQUEST['app'] != 'members' ){

if(isset($_REQUEST['f'])){

$fid = $_REQUEST['f'];

}else if(isset($_REQUEST['t'])){

$topic_id = $this->DB->buildAndFetch( array( 'select' => 'tid, forum_id, title, title_seo','from'   => 'topics','where'  => 'tid='.$_REQUEST['t'],'limit'  => array( 0, 1 ) ) );

$fid = $topic_id['forum_id'];

}

}

if( $fid ){

$this->DB->build( array(

'select' => 'g.*',

'from' => array( 'social_groups' => 'g' ),

'where' => 'g.g_forum='  . $fid,

)

);

$this->DB->execute();

while ( $row = $this->DB->fetch( ) )

{

$group = $row;

}

}

if( isset($group['g_id']) ){

//foreach( $this->_navigation as $k => $v ){

// if( $k > 0 ){

// $nav[ $k + 1 ] = $v;

// }

//}

$nav[ 2 ] =  $this->_navigation[ count( $this->_navigation ) - 1 ];

$this->_navigation[0] = array( $this->lang->words['g_nav_title'] ,  $this->settings['base_url'] . 'app=groups', 'groups', 'app=groups' );

$this->_navigation[1] = array( $group['g_name'], $this->settings['base_url'] . "app=groups&module=view&gid={$group['g_id']}", $group['g_seo_name'] , 'groups_show' );

$final_nav = array_merge( $this->_navigation, $nav );

$final_nav[2][0] = 'Group Discussion';

$this->_navigation = array();

$this->_navigation = $final_nav;

//echo '<pre>';

//print_r( $this->_navigation );

//echo '</pre>';

$this->_html .= <<<HTML

<script>

if ( $('nav_discussion') && $('nav_app_groups') ){

$('nav_discussion').removeClassName('active');

$('nav_app_groups').addClassName('active');

}

</script>

HTML;

}

}

parent::sendOutput();

}

}

Found a little bug:

Members (X) in "group Navigation" is showing an incorrect member count. I have one group with 6 members and it's showing as Members (1), another has 19 members and is showing Members (17)

Yea, I noticed that, I forgot to make it rebuild the cache after people join the group... You can rebuild the groups cache manually if you want to fix this for now. I'll fix this in the next version.

Is there any way to make all public group forums viewable to guests ?

Yes, you can control the forum permissions for group forums just like you would for any other forum. There is a setting under ACP > Social Groups > Forum Permissions which will let you designate the permissions for all future groups. You also may wish to alter the Default Group Permissions setting to allow non-members of the group interact with the group's forum. Just a note, these settings will only apply to groups which are created after the settings are put in place. If you need more assistance please PM me.

Any plans on integrating with IP.seo ?

Not currently.. I haven't looked into IP.Seo almost at all, so I am not sure what that would even mean for the app.. Most of the content in this app is actually in the forum anyways... so I am not sure how much IP.Seo integration would help. I'll consider it for a future release.

Yea, I noticed that, I forgot to make it rebuild the cache after people join the group... You can rebuild the groups cache manually if you want to fix this for now. I'll fix this in the next version.

Yes, you can control the forum permissions for group forums just like you would for any other forum. There is a setting under ACP > Social Groups > Forum Permissions which will let you designate the permissions for all future groups. You also may wish to alter the Default Group Permissions setting to allow non-members of the group interact with the group's forum. Just a note, these settings will only apply to groups which are created after the settings are put in place. If you need more assistance please PM me.

Not currently.. I haven't looked into IP.Seo almost at all, so I am not sure what that would even mean for the app.. Most of the content in this app is actually in the forum anyways... so I am not sure how much IP.Seo integration would help. I'll consider it for a future release.

How do I manually rebuild groups cache please ?

Can you send me instructions on how to change all groups to reflect the permissions I've set that were created before you had these settings in place please ?

Based on what I see now, where guests are able to view forums, you wouldn't need any ip.seo integration.

How do I manually rebuild groups cache please ?

Can you send me instructions on how to change all groups to reflect the permissions I've set that were created before you had these settings in place please ?

Based on what I see now, where guests are able to view forums, you wouldn't need any ip.seo integration.

To rebuild the group cache go to ACP > Cache Management > Social Groups > Groups > Under options press Recache Cache. It should refresh the page, and after that all of your group membership stats should be correct. Note, you will have to do this every time a member joins a group if you want to keep it as the right number with the current build of Groups. I will be putting out a new version soon which will fix that.

The make it so Guests can access existing groups you will have to edit the permissions on each forum which has been created by the Social Groups application and make sure that Guests have the permissions you want them to have. After you are done with that, you will need to go to each group (on the front end, not the ACP) and go to Manage Group > Manage Permissions and ensure that the group's permissions are set to allow non members to use the forum.

Let me know if you need more specific instructions.