(RSyvarth) Social Groups

rsyvarth

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. Thanks,

Robert Syvarth

Thanks Robert,

The most important thing for our site is to have the option of all (public) Group content feeding into the VNC regardless of whether someone has joined or read that area. The concept is working well with over 30 niche interests catered for via Groups but the above limitation is frustrating some folk.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I have fixed up View New Content and it should work as expected in the next version. VNC will display posts from all groups in which you have the ability to read topics. I hope that will work out for you! You can check it out on my dev forum.

They are there because I am going to be spending a ton of time updating this mod for new versions of IPB / adding new features. You don't have to pay for renewal if you don't want to, you just won't be able to download the latest version...

They are there because I am going to be spending a ton of time updating this mod for new versions of IPB / adding new features. You don't have to pay for renewal if you don't want to, you just won't be able to download the latest version...

Ah - thanks for the clarification. That's not so bad then.

Hi,

Is this error anything to do with this app?

[Mon Jun 06 10:36:41 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of group_profile_forumhide::profileModern() should be compatible with that of skin_profile_42::profileModern() in /path/to/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3245) : eval()'d code on line 69

Happens every few seconds and as it mentions group thought I would ask here first ;)

I just finished implementing the last feature into RC1. I just need to do a bit of testing along with documenting some of the new features and it should be ready for release. RC1 includes 22 bug fixes / new features. You can see the full list below.

Member Rank Change Note (last reply) forum breadcrumbs will drive me insane Error Message Smilies not being parsed in news articles More skin spillage Improve RSS Security User Groups Which can View Offline Making Group Cat Order Can't like a group unless you join Latest Groups Portal Plugin Can't find "non inglish" member names to invite Limit Number of Groups Join My Groups tab in user profile - formatting issue Language Bit Translations Add Some Data Caches Default Group Permission Setting different color for links in group description and news Add Groups Cache Basic Content Spy Integration Hide Group Subforums on Index VNC Issues "Protected Forum" for Groups

(Note: I am not addressing minor layout issues in this release due to the fact that I am going to have to redesign the entire front end of this app once 3.2 comes out, sorry)

I just released RC1. It contains MANY bug fixes / new features so I would suggest that you all upgrade ASAP. This will be the last release that supports 3.1.4, so if you find any bugs I would suggest you report them immediately so I can fix them before I start working on the next version for 3.2.

The documentation has also been updated to cover the new features so make sure to read it over to get an idea of all of the new things you can do!

Thanks,
RSyvarth

Thanks for the release rsyvarth.

I have installed the upgrade but have two problems at the moment.

1. Only the Group owners can see the Group Discussions/Forum
2. Topics only appear in VNC to Group Owners (this could be related to #1)

Yes, I've been looking at that and all seems fine.

%7Boption%7D

I've seen the following warnings (in Chrome) whilst trying to load the Group I am a member of (but not Group owner)

Warning: Division by zero in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 2658

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in/home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in/home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in/home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in/home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:2658) in/home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

Whoops, I found the issue. If you want to fix it yourself open up /admin/application_addon/other/groups/sources/classes/permMask.php

Find:

$this->caches 	=& $this->registry->cache()->fetchCaches();

Add Below

if( !$this->caches['groups'] )

{

$this->caches['groups'] = $this->cache->getCache('groups');

}

I will be re-uploading RC1 with this fix shortly.

EDIT: The fix has been uploaded, if you download it now you should be good to go. (I hope)

Haha, ok, I am glad that fixed it! Let me know if you run into any other issues...

EDIT: I forgot to add to the change log that I have fixed various issues with IE compatibility... all functions should now work in IE6+ although there are still a few minor template issues...

Whoops, sorry. I forgot to include an update query, it is only running the query on fresh installs ATM.

Run the following query and you should be good to go.

ALTER TABLE groups ADD g_groups_join_limit int(3) DEFAULT -1;

I will update the RC1 file to include this fix shortly...

EDIT: Uploaded new version of RC1, all future installs of RC1 will include this fix. If you have already installed RC1, I would suggest that you run the query in this post to remedy the issue.

Whoops, sorry. I forgot to include an update query, it is only running the query on fresh installs ATM.

Run the following query and you should be good to go.

ALTER TABLE groups ADD g_groups_join_limit int(3) DEFAULT -1;

I will update the RC1 file to include this fix shortly...

EDIT: Uploaded new version of RC1, all future installs of RC1 will include this fix. If you have already installed RC1, I would suggest that you run the query in this post to remedy the issue.

That did it! Thanks

Since the update our members are reporting this as an issue:

Having problem with Groups I'm member in, get an error that I'm not member of the Group when trying to read it's forum posts.

Permissions are all set fine, nothing was changed. These members were fine until the update.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it please?

Since the update I seem to be witnessing "You cannot join this Group" button for any Groups I'm not a member of. They're all set as Public.

Check Social Groups > Settings > Global > Join Group and make sure that all of the user groups which you wish to give permission to join groups are selected.

Since the update our members are reporting this as an issue:

Permissions are all set fine, nothing was changed. These members were fine until the update.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it please?

Did you try the fix I put in this post? http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/337811-download-rsyvarth-social-groups/page__view__findpost__p__2120875

Check Social Groups > Settings > Global > Join Group and make sure that all of the user groups which you wish to give permission to join groups are selected.

Yup, that's done. Members are one of the permission groups enabled to Join Groups. Still seeing the grey "You cannot join this group" button.

Yup, that's done. Members are one of the permission groups enabled to Join Groups. Still seeing the grey "You cannot join this group" button.

Did you run the query I put in this post? If not, you need to. After you run that, edit the Members user group and make sure their Join Limit is set to -1.

Archived