Missing the Watched Content block here

spicy brains

I don't know when it disappeared, but I really wish it'd come back to the front page sidebar. I watch content as a way to easily reference topics (ones I respond to, ones that have similar issues [with or without solutions], etc) and it was very convenient to be able to scroll through my watched content on the front page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be fairly interesting to make the attempt in this stage of betas... as the horizontal tabbed js and css it utilized is currently non-existent.. which is likely why it was removed from the index.

Actually, it goes deeper than that. "Watched content" in 3.1 pulled from the tracker and forum_tracker tables, which were how we tracked what topics users watched. In 3.2, this was converted over to the like system, so we would have needed to entirely rewrite that code from scratch. It wasn't removed simply because some new CSS would be required. ;)

• 3 months later...

I need tha watched topics hook again...the way over "show topics i follow" is by far to circuitous in my opinion.

My memers complain about it as well, many ppl used it as bookmarks to their favourite topics.

....I just threw something together regarding this last night.... its only followed topics at this time, but is this similar to whats being sought here?
%7Boption%7D
starts with topic starter IF there is no replies, otherwise will show the last reply date/user.... uses the /unread/ functionality to pop one to the last unread post in the topic

That looks like exactly what most of us are talking about.

Please tell me you have some plans to release this as a hook? Would love to use it.

Thanks!

I
am wanting to add limiting/ordering options and some kind of 'more'(forums/other apps) first... but yes, definitively, finetuning it... want Some options... the fact i see no way to only filter unread handily seems a hurdle... i could see it getting big quick :P never fear, on it.

I

am wanting to add limiting/ordering options and some kind of 'more'(forums/other apps) first... but yes, definitively, finetuning it... want Some options... the fact i see no way to only filter unread handily seems a hurdle... i could see it getting big quick :tongue: never fear, on it.

ooooh, hey :P totally got it only showing content You have not read that you follow for topics :D packaging that now ;)

any chance of creating an ipcontent block for this? the unread content I follow is exactly what I am looking for... actually a three or four tab, wider block,

showing:

unread topics I follow
unread blogs I follow
unread news categories I watch (from the ipcontent article system)

on a plane right now so can't access the mock up I made but I think it is just a three-tab

unread

any chance of creating an ipcontent block for this? the unread content I follow is exactly what I am looking for... actually a three or four tab, wider block,

showing:

unread topics I follow

unread blogs I follow

on a plane right now so can't access the mock up I made but I think it is just a three-tab

unread

hold your horses. tis doable, but this should be on a case-by-case hook basis for the apps in honesty... and in terms of ipc, just like any other output hook, you can port it yourself in seconds...
http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/articles.html?record=584

showing:

unread topics I follow

unread blogs I follow

unread

happen to be working on content categories at this moment, so you are aware.....
however, im debating a price tag....
its never existed b4, and is proving more challenging than i first thought :P

okay. I don't have a sense of your hours or payscale so I can't really offer a constructive comment on a price tag.

I will say that having this be a paid hook is certainly understandable, and expected.

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4934-mt32-activity-in-my-followed-content-hook/
actually went fairly light on it for what it does.... its not just articles.

Archived