Improved mobile device veiwing?

x7judy

vBulletin has just released a great looking mobile app/feature and i would love to see something like this for Invision.

Now the price tage of $199 is a bit ridicules i do not think it would be worth that to me but i wouldnt mind paying a bit for a decent app that could be made just for our own forums instead of going thru something like tappatalk etc

Just throwing out some suggestions and looking forward to seeing some new mobile features :D

We have a free app already available in the iTunes store that any of your members can get and use with your site.

If you prefer a white-label app (i.e. one specific to your site) we offer that as well.

http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/iphone/whitelabel.php

i wow i was not even aware of this. I would be interested in having both a iphone and a android app tho, im not seeing it in the whitelabel app. Any word on a android version as well?

Our Android app is currently in beta testing. You can test it by manually installing it if you like.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/337555-ipboard-android-application-beta-1/

The Android app will be rolled into the same white-label service (meaning it will be included in the cost presented on the linked page, not a separate cost) once it is available.

Until the iPhone app supports uploading photos as post attachments, there is very little reason to use it. The mobile skin is just as good in Safari. I find the current iPhone app to not be polished enough to want to get a white-label of the app for my site. For example, it often shows the wrong keyboard when entering data (like to enter your login email address, it really should show the keyboard that has an '@' and a '.' characters on the main keyboard).

Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for usability improvements and hope that the app gets enhanced for 3.2 (especially uploading attachments).

You know, we have a feedback forum and a bug tracker for just that sort of thing - if we don't know it's an issue, how are we supposed to know to change it?

Anyway, expect that specific issue at least to be fixed in the next update.

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to see attachment uploading in the next version. I am still pondering how I can achieve that while still retaining the mobile skin browsing experience which we have positive feedback from many forum owners on.

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to see attachment uploading in the next version. I am still pondering how I can achieve that while still retaining the mobile skin browsing experience which we have positive feedback from many forum owners on.

Well, my favorite choice would be to enhance IPB 3.2 to support posting by email. All mobile devices I know can send a photo as an attachment to an email. I'd match the From address on the email to post a reply with the attached photos to a special private topic. With the My Media button on the 3.2 editor, the user could then access the photos for attaching to a real post. As I understand it, IPB already has support for turning emails into posts (at least partially) to support IP.Nexus.

Then, the mobile app only needs to support My Media button in the post form.

Archived