Download: [HSC] Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)

HeadStand

File Name: [HSC] Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)
File Submitter: HeadStand
File Submitted: 09 May 2011
File Updated: 24 May 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Displays latest active topics in a sidebar block on the Board Index page.

• Allows Administrators to configure displayed content
    - Show/hide topic starter information
    - Show/hide number of views and replies
    - Show/hide first OR last post
    - Show/hide last poster information
  • BBCode support
  • Includes 8 System Settings (can be found under HeadStand tab)

This hook is the equivalent of the [HSC] Recent Posts (Portal Plugin) hook.

Click here to download this file

Very nice. :) Small typo or just me? When you're looking at who made the last post it shows:

Last Reply Esther

Shouldn't it be consistent with all the other choices and include the 2 dots after the "Last Reply" and show like this instead?:

Last Reply: Esther

Same with "Started By".

Just wondering.

Is it for portal or index page sidebar?

This one is for the sidebar. There is a separate download for the Portal (link is in the description of this topic).

Very nice. :) Small typo or just me? When you're looking at who made the last post it shows:

Shouldn't it be consistent with all the other choices and include the 2 dots after the "Last Reply" and show like this instead?:

Same with "Started By".

Just wondering.

I can change that. You should also be able to edit this on your own - you can change the template bit in Board Index -> recentPosts.

Worked perfectly. Very nicely done. Been wanting something like this for quite a while.

I noticed that when the last post has a quote at the top, it doesn't show a preview of the reply (after the quote). It actually doesn't show anything at all. Would it be possible to fix that?

Also, when a post includes an smiley, the rest of the post won't show up.

For example.

"This is awesome :) I hope we get to use it" will just show up as "This is awesome" and cut off there.

And one last suggestion/question - it appears that currently forums selected to show the last items will show to anyone regardless of what permissions they have to view that forum? Or does it? I wasn't sure if this hook checked to make sure someone has the permissions to view threads in a certain forum before showing them the last post in that forum.

And one last suggestion/question - it appears that currently forums selected to show the last items will show to anyone regardless of what permissions they have to view that forum? Or does it? I wasn't sure if this hook checked to make sure someone has the permissions to view threads in a certain forum before showing them the last post in that forum.

As of now, the hook does not check access. I'll put it on my list of enhancements, but no timetable right now.

I really enjoyed this mod, and the members did until we found out that it didn't check for permissions. It's not that I don't like this mod, or won't ever use it again, but I am going to wait until it starts checking for permissions.

Thanks again for this mod, I look forward to future versions! :)

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. Changes include:

• Hook now checks forum access before retrieving posts
  • Added setting for Groups permissions
  • Quotes in posts broke the post content. Fixed.
  • Emoticons in posts broke the post content. Fixed.

Great mod. What i wish it could do is differentiate between TOPICS and POSTS... in the sense that i would only want it to show new POSTS. (and I'd use the normal built in hook to show new topics for instance) as I want to get more "visiblity" to new topics than to new posts and not have posts spam up the new topics listing, if that makes any sense. (sorta see what i mean by looking at my board hooks link in signature)

I'm not sure if that would be an easy thing to do or a hard thing. If its easy *beg beg* lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived