IPB Arcade

saggsab

what about ibProArcade Lite but it is encoded now... hopefully there will be one for IPB 3.2 once it is out and if not I will hate to lose all high scores and games since 2006 if there is no conversation to iArcade or another arcade brand in future.

The arcade is the one thing that is worrying me when 3.2 comes out, how long will we have to wait for it to be updated for us to upgrade.

My members would kill me if I done the upgrade and the arcade wasn't included :P

I would be more than happy to pay for it like we do with Gallery and what not, just so long as I know it would work :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing (and hoping) the original developers of the iArcade are either currently working on it or waiting on the release of IP.Board v3.2 to check if any new compatibility issues arise. Ever since the iArcade's support forums shut down without notice, there hasn't been any official announcements on its current developments. They simply shut us all out. Hopefully they see this thread and give us something to go by. Just doesn't seem professional to just drop the final project that many people helped develop, give feedback and donated to without giving us any news on its development state (if any).

I'm guessing (and hoping) the original developers of the iArcade are either currently working on it or waiting on the release of IP.Board v3.2 to check if any new compatibility issues arise.

Yeah, they were waiting for 3.1 too.

Being that most of the arcade games, are unauthorized rips of other games.. It would be stupid for IPS to include it as a base modification into their platform since they'd get their asses handed to them

Like how Microsoft gets their asses handed to them because Windows runs pirated programs, right?

Being that most of the arcade games, are unauthorized rips of other games.. It would be stupid for IPS to include it as a base modification into their platform since they'd get their asses handed to them

Not if the Arcade didn't come with games. I would think that it wouldn't be IPS' responsibility/fault if the board's owner decides to later add "unauthorized" games to it.

Looks like I am going to have to return to ipbarcade. :(

I guess that as the original author is now employed by IPS he is extremely busy, which is fair enough, although it would be nice if he could update those who have contributed towards the project financially.

Like how Microsoft gets their asses handed to them because Windows runs pirated programs, right?

There's first and foremost a huge difference between an Operations system, and what this Arcade platform is... Microsoft won't support non-MS programs on their Windows unless they are digitally signed..

IPS how ever WOULD be expected to support games etc not working, thus supporting the plugins of pirated software... Who do you think people are going to when "omg this game doesnt work!" happens?... IPS

And, get your facts Straight.. If Microsoft Supported Pirated Applications/Tranmission of data they WOULD be sue'd into the ground...

There's first and foremost a huge difference between an Operations system, and what this Arcade platform is... Microsoft won't support non-MS programs on their Windows unless they are digitally signed..

Nope, no difference at all. Windows runs applications, an arcade addon runs games.

IPS how ever WOULD be expected to support games etc not working, thus supporting the plugins of pirated software... Who do you think people are going to when "omg this game doesnt work!" happens?... IPS

Bollocks. IPS doesn't support your custom applications or code you write in IP.Content, why would games in an arcade be any different? Oh wait, they wouldn't.

And, get your facts Straight.. If Microsoft Supported Pirated Applications/Tranmission of data they WOULD be sue'd into the ground...

Which is completely irrelevant to this topic.

I think that an official IPB arcade might encourage some in the IPB community to write new games, plus there seems to be several sites that encourage web site owners to download games (unless I've misunderstood what they wrote) to be played on their sites. I would not mind paying for a quality IPB game or multiplayer type game (or games like those on other well known community sites).

Also, since there have already been several upgrades / updates to the applications - it would be easier for IPB to update / upgrade an arcade system as well. That way everything could work together and be supported.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived