Community

(DP45) Guest View Limits

DawPi

• 2 weeks later...

What you mean exactly? View limits per Members/Forums/Chats etc.?

Yes, but especially for Tutorial, Download, Blog ect....

I have a quick question. Can the mod do this?

After x views a message gets displayed telling them to join to enjoy more benefits.

After y views a new message is displayed further encouraging them to join.

After z views the guest receives the error message.

I like this feature...

I used to use this mod but felt it was too strict. After the X number of views, even the front page of the website was cut off and all that was displayed was an error message. I want my IP.Content pages to continue to be accessible because they display news. I want just the topics to be inaccessible (but the titles viewable) so you can still see what we are discussing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. These are the errors I see:

Strict Standards: Declaration of dp3_tv_outputOverload::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /website/forum/hooks/dp3_tv_outputOverload_7b5dfc14b625baba223bae322fdd0596.php on line 47

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /website/forum/hooks/dp3_tv_outputOverload_7b5dfc14b625baba223bae322fdd0596.php:47) in /website/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /website/forum/hooks/dp3_tv_outputOverload_7b5dfc14b625baba223bae322fdd0596.php:47) in /website/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /website/forum/hooks/dp3_tv_outputOverload_7b5dfc14b625baba223bae322fdd0596.php:47) in /website/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /website/forum/hooks/dp3_tv_outputOverload_7b5dfc14b625baba223bae322fdd0596.php:47) in /website/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /website/forum/hooks/dp3_tv_outputOverload_7b5dfc14b625baba223bae322fdd0596.php:47) in /website/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Dawpi , this is a great app in itself and great service in upgrading quickly.

Could we request for an Add on for this ?
Guests needs to "recommend us on facebook" or "tweet this page" (etc) before the page / topic once the Guest View Limits are done ? This feature will help a Lot !
If they dont want to recommend on FB or Twitter they can choose to register and view the page .

Let us know if this is possible. Will immenly help this app !

Yes as soon as the click the FB Like Button or Twitter Recommend button they should be able to see the page. Should continue to repeat for every X pages since they are not registered yet they are only Liking us on Facebook and Twitter ...helps in promoting the forums.
If They don't want to click FB like or Twitter recommend button , they can Register to see the Topics with no restrictions as usual.

No problem , it was a suggestion. This Mod is great and does exactly what we want.
I was suggesting a New feature and if you could add that There amy be a lot more folks buying it too.

Thanks for replying I use a lot of your mods on mysite , I will be first person to buy an Upgraded version of this mod if we have the new feature I suggested above implemented.

• Daniel F changed the title to (DP45) Guest View Limits