Limit Thread Views For Guests

NenaDice

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Limit Thread Views For Guests

File Submitter: NenaDice

File Submitted: 16 Apr 2011

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will limit thread viewing for guests. After guests will reach the maximum view of threads set up by the admin they will be presented with a register/login message in order for them to continue to view the threads at your forum.

After you install the LimitThreadGuests.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel, you can configure it at the System Settings.

There you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. You can enable/disable the hook, set the maximum thread views for guests which by default it is set to 5 views. You can also enter the message that you want to appear to guests when they reach the maximum thread views. You can use Html and BB Code at your message. And as last but not least, you can choose which forums you would like to exlude from the maximum thread views restriction.

To have an idea of how this hook looks like when being used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Note: No yearly renewal is required anymore.

The hook is compatible with 3.2.x as well.

here to download this file

Hi,

How will this effect bots on my forums, google, yahoo etc ?

Well if they are in the guest group then they will be treated as all guests. Meaning they will be affected the same way as guests. Which I think it is the way that it should be according to their rules. Meaning they should see the same contents as guests.

Well if they are in the guest group then they will be treated as all guests. Meaning they will be affected the same way as guests. Which I think it is the way that it should be according to their rules. Meaning they should see the same contents as guests.

Oh ya I'm not totally sure what bots fall under if it's guests or what....

Thanks for the info

Guest Timeless

Was there a race to release this or something?

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/336408-download-dp31-guest-view-limits/page__gopid__2102829#entry2102829

LOL! That's what I said. And not soon after I posted this, Dawpi sent me a PM telling me to go buy his! lmao

And wow, I can't believe I asked the same question Sull5 did... I must be getting blind!

Why does this have one star on the marketplace? What cons are there to this hook?

Cause otherwise it looks PERFECT :)

There are no cons. The rate system is based on individual users opinion based on how it looks like and their personal likes and dsilakes and not its functionality seeing the fact that whoever rated it hasn't tried it :)

You sir got a customer then! Finally a mod that is like vBulletin's from ages ago that blocked people from always leaching off a forum, making them sign up for more!

Good job!

Hopefully they will, that is the whole idea.

Thank you for your business :)

So I bought it... And it doesn't work right :(

All it shows is a blank screen. Please check out my forum: http://modwith.us and let me know what it does for you.

Here is a preview:

%7Boption%7Dnotworking.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage'" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="559">

Thanks!

So I bought it... And it doesn't work right :(

All it shows is a blank screen. Please check out my forum: http://modwith.us and let me know what it does for you.

Here is a preview:

%7Boption%7D

notworking.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage'

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="559">

Thanks!

The mod in itself works fine. I am using it on 2 forums. Also, it was checked by one of the Ips Moderators before being approved. If it wouldn't have worked, it wouldn't have been approved.

That siad, I think that the cause it might be a conflict with another hook/mod. Can you please tell me what other hooks/mods you have installed?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The mod in itself works fine. I am using it on 2 forums. Also, it was checked by one of the Ips Moderators before being approved. If it wouldn't have worked, it wouldn't have been approved.

That siad, I think that the cause it might be a conflict with another hook/mod. Can you please tell me what other hooks/mods you have installed?

I just purchased this mod and also get a blank page. Rip off!!!! This is the second mod I've purchased on IPB consecutively that doesn't work as promised. Please fix this problem or refund me.

Please just post in the support topic and work with the author to get a fix, you don't need to also report a file as broken just because you encountered a problem. If you cannot get the author to respond to your support request, then feel free to report the file as broken.

See also: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/331503-a-quick-note-regarding-reporting-files-as-broken/

I just purchased this mod and also get a blank page. Rip off!!!! This is the second mod I've purchased on IPB consecutively that doesn't work as promised. Please fix this problem or refund me.

The hook works fine. I am not able to reproduce the blank page that you get and I can not fix something that I can not see.

Can you please answer my question what other hooks/mods you have installed rather than making unfounded accusations about being ripped off and such.

If you want me to have a look at it I would need your board url and an admin log in info. So I can investigate this at your forum.

Archived