We need more efficient ways to deal with spammers...

dreadnought

Can you guys please add a "Nuke Account" feature? I'm getting really, really sick of constantly switching between two ACP screens and selecting various checkboxes to get rid of posts related to spam accounts and banning those accounts. We are inundated with spammers even after implementing the latest IP.Board anti-spam features.

Nuke Account would do the following:

Delete EVERY post from the account
Ban this member permanently
Move from group 'Members' to 'Banned'
Ban email address
Ban username
Ban IP Address

Please add this feature as soon as possible. These spammers are incredibly aggravating and seem attracted to IP.Board like flies to light.

Thanks!

While I currently don't have any issues in regards to spammers, I do feel that the ban tool needs to be given an update. Currently, there's just a slew of options and different ways to ban a user, so while one admin may properly ban the user and move them to the banned group, another may forget to do one or the other. I think these options need to be moved to settings, then the banhammer gives the option to either permanently ban, or suspend for a period of time. The only other options would be a reason, and whether or not to send the user an email (configured in settings again, and has a variable to include the reason and length of ban/suspension). If a suspended user signs in to the forums, they should also be shown all of this information (reason, time remaining, etc).

Can you guys please add a "Nuke Account" feature? I'm getting really, really sick of constantly switching between two ACP screens and selecting various checkboxes to get rid of posts related to spam accounts and banning those accounts. We are inundated with spammers even after implementing the latest IP.Board anti-spam features.

Ban email address

Ban username

Ban IP Address

Please add this feature as soon as possible. These spammers are incredibly aggravating and seem attracted to IP.Board like flies to light.

Thanks!

I wouldn't ban the IP because they can go for another account by changing the IP address but you could just flag it as a spammer instead even what if it was cloaked that it was some of your good member's address. They are trying to get you by giving up instead of them and that is not good. I know that it is frustrating but you will have to live with it.

The "more efficient ways to deal with spammers" is to keep them from joining, rather than dealing with them after they carp all over your forum.

It sounds like you need to check some settings. Make sure your CAPTCHA is on and have a good security question. Turn on IPS spam service, and maybe add another spam hook.

I don't deal with spam because I never see any.

I also don't have any spammers. I use the stopforumspam hook plus the Spam montitoring service. I also have admin validation and I delete dodgy sounding member names.

3DKiwi

I delete anyone who registers from India, China, Germany, Russia, or the continent of Africa.

Yup, dealing with spammers has taught me how to be racist. lol

I wonder how many legit members I've lost through this... :(

The "more efficient ways to deal with spammers" is to keep them from joining, rather than dealing with them after they carp all over your forum.

It sounds like you need to check some settings. Make sure your CAPTCHA is on and have a good security question. Turn on IPS spam service, and maybe add another spam hook.

I don't deal with spam because I never see any.

I already use the CAPTCHA and IPS spam service. I don't consider my forum to be one of the most popular on the net, but I still get hit with spammers on a frequent basis who aren't caught by the spam service and they take the time to deal with CAPTCHA.

So... back to the original question.

Ban email address

Ban username

Ban IP Address

Thanks!

If anyone from IPS is monitoring this thread, could you advise on the one-click "Nuke Account" feature to make dealing with spammer clean-up more efficient? Technical Support told me this forum was the best place to go to get an official response re: this feature.

Admin validation. Haven't seen a spam bot in over a year.

I've been down that road... Admin validation ended up taking more time than dealing with the spammers that make it through CAPTCHA and IPS Spam Service. I'm looking for a more efficient way to deal with spammer clean-up for the ones that get through. When I say more efficient, I mean one-click, not multiple clicks on multiple screens.

I've been down that road... Admin validation ended up taking more time than dealing with the spammers that make it through CAPTCHA and IPS Spam Service. I'm looking for a more efficient way to deal with spammer clean-up for the ones that get through. When I say more efficient, I mean one-click, not multiple clicks on multiple screens.

If you want to get rid of spammers then you to be willing to put in a little effort. :thumbsup:

I already use the CAPTCHA and IPS spam service. I don't consider my forum to be one of the most popular on the net, but I still get hit with spammers on a frequent basis who aren't caught by the spam service and they take the time to deal with CAPTCHA.

So... back to the original question.

Try the [url=" Spammer IP & Email Check 1.0.2. Unlike the IPS spam service, it does not have a gray area (rate spammers 1-4). It uses stopforumspam.com database of known spammers, and rejects their registration so there are no posts to clean up.

• 5 months later...

My question is, how can I mass delete all spam accounts that managed to register during the early days of my forum when the email validation during registration, Forum spammer IP & Email Check, and IPB Spam Service were not yet enabled? Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I always get a lot of invalid email notification when I'm sending announcements to all of my members and all of the email addresses seems like spam members.

Archived