Invision Community
Alex K.

Automatic phpDoc comments

I use PHPDesigner for adding the comments and "tidying" my code before release. I use dreamweaver for actually writing the code, still no extension for dreamweaver yet to add the phpdoc comments :(

I add it to the snippets part, its more manual but works.

I use PHPDesigner for adding the comments and "tidying" my code before release. I use dreamweaver for actually writing the code, still no extension for dreamweaver yet to add the phpdoc comments :(

Ugh... I cannot stand using Dreamweaver to write PHP. HTML and CSS is alright... but PHP is a no-no for me.

phpDesigner Projects ftw.

Ugh... I cannot stand using Dreamweaver to write PHP. HTML and CSS is alright... but PHP is a no-no for me.

phpDesigner Projects ftw.

I actually find Dreamweaver is far more productive. Auto complete on custom classes, functions, variables you name it, also has "floaty" details for php functions. Find it easier to read the code as well, plus I've got my css, javascript and other files all in the same application.

Guess i'm just used to it, been using it for years and always difficult to try and change.

I actually find Dreamweaver is far more productive. Auto complete on custom classes, functions, variables you name it, also has "floaty" details for php functions. Find it easier to read the code as well, plus I've got my css, javascript and other files all in the same application.

Guess i'm just used to it, been using it for years and always difficult to try and change.

phpDesigner does all of that as well. (Hence my Projects comment, scans over all files and caches all classes, methods, and functions, then shows them in tooltips as you type). :)

phpDesigner does all of that as well. (Hence my Projects comment, scans over all files and caches all classes, methods, and functions, then shows them in tooltips as you type). :)

How do you get it to scan all the classes, methods, and functions for tooltips?
I remember importing IPB as a project before, and all the files showed in the project browser. However the autocomplete of IPB classes in other files wasn't showing, only methods within the current file.

How do you get it to scan all the classes, methods, and functions for tooltips?

I remember importing IPB as a project before, and all the files showed in the project browser. However the autocomplete of IPB classes in other files wasn't showing, only methods within the current file.

It's always done it for me. Set the root of the Project, set up your Libraries (completely optional, btw), and save.

OK, got it working :D
I noticed that sometimes it doesn't list a function I'm typing, even if that function exists. Once I have typed the name, it shows the information about it though.
An example is "$this->registry->output->generatePagination". As I typed that, it didn't list it as a suggestion, but once I completed typing the name, it showed the info about it fine.

Make sure you allow it to finish parsing the files. It can take a while depending on the size of the Project and the speed of your computer. (On my old computer it took about five minutes to parse the entire IPS Suite)

EDIT: Oh, and a fair warning, you MIGHT be better off without the predictive menu. It can get very annoying when trying to work faster than usual.

Thats funny that is how I used to feel about frontPage....LOL!!!!!!!
Now I find myself attached to DW....

OOOPS!!!! just ignore my partner button..... :whistle:

Thats funny that is how I used to feel about frontPage....LOL!!!!!!!

Now I find myself attached to DW....

OOOPS!!!! just ignore my partner button..... :whistle:

I'd be more concerned if you actually liked Frontpage. Actually, give Expression a try - you might like it.

Personally, I use Visual Studio for my PHP work, except when I'm working on IPS products, when I use Zend Studio. Both of them support automatic phpDoc, and autocomplete (or IntelliSense, in Visual Studio's case).