Regarding new registration interface

Aisha

And thats great Kiwi, we are not saying that it should always show the option to choose a display name, make it hidden by default, all we are asking for is an option to have it show for those of us who would like to keep it.

We already have options regarding registrations, how hard would it to be to add an option:

"Allow members to choose a display name upon registration - YES o / NO o"

Not all that hard to be fair, and also remember that IPS want to cater for as many different users, this is something that could be handy for some of us, but removing it is not catering for those who want it to remain. It is only catering for those who don't want it, so therefore they are not catering for all users.

I understand that they can't have hundreds upon hundreds of options, but this for me is something that from what I have seen is very 50/50 in reactions and is deserving of an option at least.

Take this topic, so far those who want it kept (even as an option) = 6, those against = 3 (2 being staff), so on this topic alone it is more than 50% wanting at least an option for us admins to be able to choose from. Now granted not all who have agreed with the change will reply, but neither will all those against it.

By adding an option your catering for all types of users, those who don't want it can keep it as "no", those who want it can set it as "yes", and everyone remains happy.

And thats great Kiwi, we are not saying that it should always show the option to choose a display name, make it hidden by default, all we are asking for is an option to have it show for those of us who would like to keep it.

We already have options regarding registrations, how hard would it to be to add an option:

"Allow members to choose a display name upon registration - YES o / NO o"

Not all that hard to be fair, and also remember that IPS want to cater for as many different users, this is something that could be handy for some of us, but removing it is not catering for those who want it to remain. It is only catering for those who don't want it, so therefore they are not catering for all users.

I understand that they can't have hundreds upon hundreds of options, but this for me is something that from what I have seen is very 50/50 in reactions and is deserving of an option at least.

Take this topic, so far those who want it kept (even as an option) = 6, those against = 3 (2 being staff), so on this topic alone it is more than 50% wanting at least an option for us admins to be able to choose from. Now granted not all who have agreed with the change will reply, but neither will all those against it.

By adding an option your catering for all types of users, those who don't want it can keep it as "no", those who want it can set it as "yes", and everyone remains happy.

You cannot possibly go by the number of replies to this topic.

Out of the many tens of thousands of customers we may have, 6 people are rallying to keep the feature. With a change like this, you don't generally have people posting to *support* removing it, you only hear from those who do not want it removed (which is fine, it's the nature of this type of feedback). Having said that, out of 158,000 members on this forum, 6 are asking us to keep the option.

Even that number is irrelevant, because the vast majority of our customers (1) don't post on our forums, (2) wouldn't reply to a topic asking for something they don't actually want, and (3) don't keep up with day to day changes and/or don't necessarily understand what this topic is even about (perhaps they disable display names because they find the entire system confusing for new users).

We of course are not ignoring the feedback and will continue to evaluate response to the change, however this is not a "50/50" scenario here by any means. :)

You cannot possibly go by the number of replies to this topic.

Out of the many tens of thousands of customers we may have, 6 people are rallying to keep the feature. With a change like this, you don't generally have people posting to *support* removing it, you only hear from those who do not want it removed (which is fine, it's the nature of this type of feedback). Having said that, out of 158,000 members on this forum, 6 are asking us to keep the option.

Even that number is irrelevant, because the vast majority of our customers (1) don't post on our forums, (2) wouldn't reply to a topic asking for something they don't actually want, and (3) don't keep up with day to day changes and/or don't necessarily understand what this topic is even about (perhaps they disable display names because they find the entire system confusing for new users).

We of course are not ignoring the feedback and will continue to evaluate response to the change, however this is not a "50/50" scenario here by any means. :)

I understand that which is why I said this

Now granted not all who have agreed with the change will reply, but neither will all those against it.

Because of a) not all use the forums, b) not all would have noticed the topic :)

Archived