(M34) Global Messages

Michael.J

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've bought this mod and for the most part works nicely. However, I wanted to show a message in a bunch of subforums, but after saving it only kept a smaller percentage of them selected. Mind you, I have hundreds of subforums; is there a limit to the amount I can choose?

Hello, I've bought this mod and for the most part works nicely. However, I wanted to show a message in a bunch of subforums, but after saving it only kept a smaller percentage of them selected. Mind you, I have hundreds of subforums; is there a limit to the amount I can choose?

Confirmed bug, I've included a manual patch here. The limitation is due to the database field but I'll be changing it to support a lot forum ids.

Confirmed bug, I've included a manual patch

here

. The limitation is due to the database field but I'll be changing it to support a lot forum ids.

Thanks Mike. I tried the manual patch, but it returns this: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT NULL' at line 1"

No idea what that means.:)

Hi there,

super app but I have a little problem, every time I make an application the default application, messages wont appear on it. Like now, when people type my site, www.enseignercpartager.org, they get ipdownload page cause it is the default app to load. Messages dont appear on it then. But if I access it like this: www.enseignercpartager.org/files/ it works.

What am I missing?

steph40

Hey Mike,

Is this working for 3.3?

Had a look at the product on devfuse and on here, but no mention of 3.3, just says it works with 3.2 and want to be sure.

Is there also any reason why if purchased on IPB, the renewals are $12, but when looking at the renewal on devfuse (where i purchased it) it is full price.

Is this working for 3.3?

Had a look at the product on devfuse and on here, but no mention of 3.3, just says it works with 3.2 and want to be sure.

Is there also any reason why if purchased on IPB, the renewals are $12, but when looking at the renewal on devfuse (where i purchased it) it is full price.

Yes but not documented in the description yet. I'll update the description and compatibility version next update.

All renewals are half price, whether through my site or the IPS Marketplace. The only difference is I offer 6 or 12 month renewal options through my site and I discount the 12 month option even more. (The IPS Marketplace doesn't allow me this kind of functionality.)

• 5 months later...

Hello Mike

Everytime when I fill in everything and want to updat or save it I get the nnext warning:

Serverfout
Er is een fout opgetreden toen de website http://www.nzbchronicle.net/forum/admin/index.php?adsess=0b4e6e8e59fc32dfa912fb29228cc6b1&app=gms&&module=gms&section=gms&do=message_add_do&id=probeerde op te halen. De server kan offline zijn wegens onderhoud of kan onjuist zijn geconfigureerd.
This I get only with the mod of you and with the shoutcast further everythine fine with te mods.
What can we do for the solution?
DD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

I am thinking about buying this file. I think I understand that I can display a separate message for say the portal, the calendar, and the classifieds. But what I don't know is if I can drill down with separate message for say, one message for the index page of the forum and then separate messages for the other individual categories in our forum?

In other words, we have 3 categories in our forum, A, B, and C. In each of those categories we have several forums. I would like to display a separate message that appears if someone click on Category A view, and so on. Will that work?

Thanks,

Brian

Yes that's correct, here is a list of the default pages supported. (This doesn't include you adding support for app=calendar for example.)

All Pages
Portal
Board Index
Online List
User CP
Calendar
Forum View
Register Page
Post Screen
Help System
Login Page
Messenger
Send Message
Profile View
Topic View

So you could select the Forum View as the page and then select which forum you want to show a message to. If it needs to alaos appear on the topics for that forum, you would select topic view as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I assume purchased through my site? If so, your more likely to get a faster reply with a support ticket instead. Here is the settings for the page.

Page Name - Trusted Garages
Page Data - page_name=TalkFord%20Trusted%20Garages

Once you've added the page, when adding your message, you can see the page "Trusted Garages" in "Show message where?" setting.

Hi MIke,

Any chance you can look at my fault and my sales question about upgrading my video app.

I bought through your website for fast support, its been anything but that, any chance you can fix my global messages, $25 is a lot of money to some of us?

If you are busy let me know at least, I am a patient guy.

Any chance you can look at my fault and my sales question about upgrading my video app.

I bought through your website for fast support, its been anything but that, any chance you can fix my global messages, $25 is a lot of money to some of us?

If you are busy let me know at least, I am a patient guy.

I'm sorry Killian I've been so slow on the replies. I've just replied with more information. If your goal was just a guest message mod with that login/signup functinality. That is currently a free mod of mine. If you feel your money was wasted, I'd be more then happy to send a refund through or exchange for any of my paid mods. Once again I'm very sorry for the late reply.;

• 1 month later...