(M34) Global Messages

Michael.J

(M34) Global Messages

This is the legacy IP.Board 3.x version. View the new IP.Board 4.x version here.

Create an unlimited amount of global messages, choose the style of each message as well as which member groups, skins, and forums each message appears on. Manage all messages securely through the Admin CP.
Click here to read my IPS Marketplace purchase guide before purchasing.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Feature List:

• Default and Unreal Portal blocks with an option to show messages only in these blocks.
  • Sidebar hook with an option to show messages only in the sidebar.
  • Support custom pages for your custom applications, like downloads, shoutbox and donation tracker.
  • Give each message a different style from the 3 standard styles or an option to enter your css class name.
  • Option to show message based on equal to, greater than or lesser than to members post counts.
  • Is a hook, which means no file edits are needed, just upload the hook file and application and your done.
  • Choose which member groups can view each message.
  • Choose which skin each message appears on.
  • Choose which pages the message will appear.
  • Smart quick tags allow you to include information in each message such as Board Name, Member's Name and Id.
  • One easy place to edit all group messages, within the Admin CP for extra security.
  • Exclude certain forums from viewing the message.
  • Full HTML, BBCODE and smile support for all messages. (Follows IPB3 standard bbcode.)
  • Order global messages by position or random ordering.
  • Drag and drop ordering when messages are ordered by position.
  • Optional limiting of how many messages you want shown.
  • Enable/Disable message title per message or globally.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would this application be able to work in IP.Content with a sub folder level specificity?

Yes but the custom pages doesn't support a full length url like that, only 1 variable currently. e.g.

app=css
app=tracker
folder=/folder1/

You would need to add a custom page first, then when adding your message select that custom page. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know. :)

The introductory price special has now finished and the normal price has been setup. Thank you to everyone who purchased. :)

How should I set your app to show messages for pages in this folder?

Step 1. Add a custom page - Admin CP > My Apps dropdown > Global Messages > Manage Pages > Add Page.

Page Name: IPC Page
Page Data: folder=/example

Click Add Page.

Step 2. Add message - Admin CP > My Apps dropdown > Global Messages > Manage Messages > Add Message.

Show message where?: Select the IPC Page option. (Or whatever you named your page.)

It will be different for each page you setup but try to pick a unique name. Alternatively if you've got other pages in the example folder, we can use the id=14 instead and setup a new custom page for app=ccs. When setting up your message, you'd select both of the custom pages.

• 4 months later...

Will this display the messages to appear above each post view screen at the top in each forum I select it to appear also? I know some things may only appear in Forum View, but not each post view, like if you're reading posts & replies, will the message display above it so they can see which message I selected for that Forum Section?

It will appear below your forum "breadcrumb". Example pic here. The default page options included are below, so you could set the message to appear on Forum View and if you wanted it to appear above the forum topics as well, you would also select Topic View. If you have any more questions, let me know.

All Pages
Portal
Board Index
Online List
User CP
Calendar
Forum View
Register Page
Post Screen
Help System
Login Page
Messenger
Send Message
Profile View
Topic View
Shoutbox Page
Portal Page

I just bought and uploaded it... the post I made didn't show. I was trying to embed an object (a blog talk radio player), but it didn't seem to want to take it. So, I changed it to just simple text message and tried it. Still nothing. I back tracked to see where I might have went wrong. Even though the files I uploaded say it's (M32), in the Global Message Settings, it says (M31). Take a look at the bottom left of the screen I attached to see I downloaded (M32), but what was uploaded was (M31) as seen in the upper center of the screen. But... if you look at the 2nd screen I posted, it says (M32) is the Hook (in the hook installation page) Please help? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

<p>If I wanted a message to show only for a specific category in the nexus app, what would I use in the page data area for this url?</p>
<p>&amp;nbsp;</p>
<p>.&amp;#46;&amp;#46;/store/category/3-pedigrees/</p>
<p>&amp;nbsp;</p>
<p>&amp;nbsp;</p>
<p>I tried: &amp;nbsp;folder=/3-pedigrees &amp;nbsp;but it didn&amp;#39;t work, so I guess that is specific to IP.Content?</p>
<div>&amp;nbsp;</div>

If you search for the setting "Debug level" in the admin cp and change it to 2. This will give you a debug print out at the bottom of the forums, looking for the "FORM and GET Input" section. This should give you more detail on the variables you can use in your page data.

• 1 month later...

The introductory price special has now finished and the normal price has been setup. Thank you to everyone who purchased. %7Boption%7D

Step 1. Add a custom page - Admin CP > My Apps dropdown > Global Messages > Manage Pages > Add Page.

Page Name: IPC Page

Page Data: folder=/example

Click Add Page.

Step 2. Add message - Admin CP > My Apps dropdown > Global Messages > Manage Messages > Add Message.

Show message where?: Select the IPC Page option. (Or whatever you named your page.)

It will be different for each page you setup but try to pick a unique name. Alternatively if you've got other pages in the example folder, we can use the id=14 instead and setup a new custom page for app=ccs. When setting up your message, you'd select both of the custom pages.

Hi Mike,

Just purchased this and am stuck:

What about if we've a page not in a folder, so it's just listed under "Pages" in IPC?

EG, I've this page here:

http://www.talkford.com/page/TalkFord%20Trusted%20Garages

Would "Page Name" be : TalkFord%20Trusted%20Garages

and "Page Data" be: app=css

Thanks

Nick

I assume purchased through my site? If so, your more likely to get a faster reply with a support ticket instead. Here is the settings for the page.

Page Name - Trusted Garages
Page Data - page_name=TalkFord%20Trusted%20Garages

Once you've added the page, when adding your message, you can see the page "Trusted Garages" in "Show message where?" setting.

Yep, it's cheaper on your site ;)

I asked here though as it may help others, although I added what you posted and it doesn't work (only my global message displays rather than the specific one for that page)

Should I submit a ticket so you can take a closer look?

No joy with that either :(

Could it be due to FURL or anything like that?

The page is accessable via two urls:

http://www.talkford.com/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=&id=96

and

http://www.talkford.com/page/TalkFord%20Trusted%20Garages

I also tried:

page_name=96
page_name=id=96

No joy with either.

Archived