Community

how can move the attachments to the topic?

Open admin/applications_addon/other/form/modules_public/post/form.php

Find and Remove:

$classToLoad  = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'core' ) . '/sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php', 'class_attach' );
            $class_attach = new $classToLoad( $this->registry );
            $class_attach->type            = 'form';
            $class_attach->attach_post_key = $this->request['post_key'];
            $class_attach->attach_rel_id   = $logID;
            $class_attach->init();

$return = $class_attach->postProcessUpload();

$this->DB->update( 'form_logs', array( 'has_attach' => intval( $return['count'] ) ), "log_id=".$logID )

Find:

$topic_data = $this->_postClass->getTopicData();

Add BELOW:

# Add Attachment START               
                $post_data  = $this->_postClass->getPostData();              

$classToLoad  = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'core' ) . '/sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php', 'class_attach' );
                $class_attach = new $classToLoad( $this->registry );
                $class_attach->type            = 'post';
                $class_attach->attach_post_key = $this->request['post_key'];
                $class_attach->attach_rel_id   = $post_data['pid'];
                $class_attach->attach_parent_id    = $topic_data['tid'];
                $class_attach->init();

$return = $class_attach->postProcessUpload();
                $this->DB->update( 'topics', array ( 'topic_hasattach' =>  intval( $return['count'] ) ), "tid=".intval( $topic_data['tid'] ) );
                # Add Attachment END

Save admin/applications_addon/other/form/modules_public/post/form.php

How can force the member submit this form to follow this topic?

There is no setting for this, you'll need to modify the file manually.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/form/modules_public/post/form.php

Find:

$this->_postClass->setSettings( array( 'enableSignature' => 1, 'enableEmoticons' => 1, 'post_htmlstatus' => 0, 'enableTracker'   => 0 ) );

Replace With:

$this->_postClass->setSettings( array( 'enableSignature' => 1, 'enableEmoticons' => 1, 'post_htmlstatus' => 0, 'enableTracker'   => 1 ) );

Save

I'm having an issue where when I submit the form I get a 404 error and the form is not sent. Any ideas?

Haven't encountered this one yet. If you refresh the page once your on the 404 page, does the browser give you a warning about post data still? Just want to get an idea if it's still posting the data. For something like this, I'll most likely need forum access to troubleshoot this further.

If a guest submits a form, is it possible to automatically register him with his email, create a topic where this newly created user is the topic owner and send him a standard validation mail? If not, any plans to implement this?

If a guest submits a form, is it possible to automatically register him with his email, create a topic where this newly created user is the topic owner and send him a standard validation mail? If not, any plans to implement this?

No not currently but I have had this suggested once before and will be looking more into it for the next major update.

I'm thinking of buying this today for my website...I just wanted to make sure--this does (or can rather) make a topic for hitting "submit" on a form?

Yes that's correct, it includes an option to have topics created when new submissions are made to forms. This is a per form setting you can setup. If you have any more questions, or want me to setup a demo. Just let me know.

Is there a way to make it so that new form submissions for a form could make replies in a single topic?

No it isn't, currently only new topics are supported. I don't believe I've had this suggested before, so I've saved this for possible future versions.

Doesn't work for other themes.

We keep getting this error for any other theme besides IPB Default,

"Fatal error: Call to a member function topMenu() on a non-object in /home/oksite/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/form/sources/functions.php on line 57"

We keep getting this error for any other theme besides IPB Default,

First thing I'd try and rebuilding your skin cache and see if that makes a difference. In Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Template Tools > Recache Skin Sets.

Why was ticket # 2280 closed when the issue wasn't resolved please ? I paid for this mod as well as multiple renewals. It's really unprofessional to close a support ticket before an issue is resolved. I don't normally take to these forums to gripe about support from mod dev's. I know most of you don't make enough from these mods to pay for your daily coffee. It really pisses me off when I get sent to another site to enter a support ticket and I get no support. I'd much rather post my issue here and actually receive a response.

Please check your latest ticket Alex. Regarding ticket #2280, the last 2 replies were by me but because there were no further replies within 3 days, so the ticket was automatically closed. An email should be sent out to notify of new replies. If that didn't come in, let me know and I'll check what's going on.

Two things.

1. I don't have this contact system that seems to be needed for Contact Converter. I have no idea what it is, but it may be related to number 2.

2. I tested uploading some attachments as this will need to be available in quite a few of my forms, but the attachments did not get added to the email sent to me and I see no place in the ACP to retrieve them either.

EDIT: I found the attachments in the logs. Is there no way for those to be em