Still waiting for some clean up tools

3DKiwi

Don't get me wrong, 3.2 is looking awesome with many great enhancements. However there's been no word on a few basic clean up tools that would make managing forums so much easier. Things we need:

1. Ability to mass delete / prune old pm's / conversations. Currently the only way to delete them for your members is to do several MySQL queries. This is probably beyond many people's skill set to do.

2. Ability to mass delete / prune attachments that are over a certain date old. Currently you have to do a search and select and delete attachments page by page of results. This takes ages to do.

3. Ability to mass delete / prune topics and maybe posts of deleted members. I know a few of us hate seeing old topics by Guest_bauer_* or whatever their name was. I like to remove these but again it takes ages to do as you have to browse all forums and manually select each topic to delete.

Thanks

3DKiwi

• 3 months later...

A simple function as "Search and select" would have made it easy to at least do some basic pruning.

As the pruning function today lacks several options, The "search and select" function would have been sufficient to move topics you want to keep to a temp forum, then prune the forum and finally move them back from the temp forum.

Archived