Community

shamil

Windows/IIS being a bit annoying

Hello,

I seem to be running into an issue with my Windows/IIS Server.

On it, is installed PHP 5.3/FastCGI, MySQL 5.5.8 etc.

I have a web application, Kayako, that uses Ioncube to decrypt the files. Every few hours, the Kayako installation (on a subdomain) stops responding, and I have to reset IIS, using iisreset or the GUI to get it to respond. Even recycling the application pool and restarting the web process for that site has no effect.

I wonder if anyone here has an idea on what the issue is?

Thanks in advance,
Shamil

Could be any number of misconfiguration issues. Start server manager and check out event viewer logs. You should find the problem.

That was the first thing that I did. Nothing showed up.

I'll be migrating to a new Windows server soon, and the first thing I'll do is install Zend Server CE.

Shamil, I've had some luck (running Kayako in fact) using IIS7, PHP 5.2 (FastCGI) NTS, and the latest ionCube loaders. Could you detail your configuration more?

I'll post more information once I'm on the new server, so we can make adjustments as necessary.

We are using NTS, non-thread safe binaries.

That was the first thing that I did. Nothing showed up.

I'll be migrating to a new Windows server soon, and the first thing I'll do is install Zend Server CE.

To be perfectly honest with you, I would avoid Zend Server CE on a Windows environment. I'm using it now and I really wish I never switched away from AppServ, it took me an entire day to fix all the problems related to it.

On Linux and Mac, Zend is alright, but Windows causes a lot of headaches.

To be perfectly honest with you, I would avoid Zend Server CE on a Windows environment. I'm using it now and I really wish I never switched away from AppServ, it took me an entire day to fix all the problems related to it.

On Linux and Mac, Zend is alright, but Windows causes a lot of headaches.

Thanks for warning me :)

May I ask what problems you were faced with?

Well, the major one is... files when moved/written via PHP, are not actually placed in the correct location, but rather in the root of the drive, no matter what Path is specified.

That's nasty.

Did you use ZCE with Apache or IIS? I remember seeing this with Apache on Windows.

Both had the same result, if I recall correctly.

Hmm ok. If I recall correctly, all ZCE does is provide the PHP operating environment for IIS. Oh well, sticking to IIS and WinCache then.