Client Area Feedback etc

Robulosity2

So, I went to log into this today (sent https://www.invisionpower.com/clients/index.php)

In all browers, the design/lay out leaves much to be desired... You have elements that are over white that barely are visible at all, and a random "sign in" that looks like it's lost by it

In addition, when trying to submit a ticket there's some left to be desired this line

Please check this box if your issue is critical and causing your community to be offline or otherwise completely unusable.

does not really wrap & center instead looks like

....................................................Please check this box if your issue is critical and causing your community to be
.offline or otherwise completely unusable.

(ignore the periods, that was to force the formatting since apparently the RTE/Quick editor forces left justification immediately on all lines even when quoting.. goody)

In addition to that, your nexus based client center is aware of my active packages how ever only provides "Account and Billing Assistance" or "sales" for departments... Historically Sales & Billing should be together, while Account and Support should be together (it sounds better
and generally is better grouped in terms of technicality)

Also, really not impressed with the Captcha when I'm already logged into an SSL site

• Management

Please report bugs and issues in the appropriate area: http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/project-38-ips-web-site-and-client-area-not-for-software-issues/

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

and generally is better grouped in terms of technicality)

One quick thing I want to point out here - while it may sound better to you, that's just not how things work. Support is technicians. Accounts are things that are billing related, license related, payments, etc. They require different training and different staff members to answer them, which is why they are setup the way they are.

We're bound to run into some issues over the next few days, but in the end I am sure that you will all come to enjoy the cleaner, streamlined client center interface much more. If you face any account related issues, email accounts@invisionpower.com and we can get everything squared away for you.

Please report bugs and issues in the appropriate area: http://community.inv...oftware-issues/

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

I'm not reporting bug's (being neither none of these impact your products
functionality or design), I'm providing your team feedback on how to make your portal
look more professional than something that was thrown together in Joomla by a 14 year old.

A bug is your license call back system breaking Spam Service & Chat service on our production boards
when we duplicate the databases to dev/staging (That is a bug, even knowing you designed it to
function that poorly)

One quick thing I want to point out here - while it may sound better to you, that's just not how things work. Support is technicians. Accounts are things that are billing related, license related, payments, etc. They require different training and different staff members to answer them, which is why they are setup the way they are.

We're bound to run into some issues over the next few days, but in the end I am sure that you will all come to enjoy the cleaner, streamlined client center interface much more. If you face any account related issues, email accounts@invisionpower.com and we can get everything squared away for you.

You just confirmed that you do not have them grouped properly by saying that Account's are for billing related and license related issues and payments... Where's Support? None of those thing's fall under the definition of a non-hosted license. The point is you have NO option in your small little list of two ticket options for actual support.

functionality or design), I'm providing your team feedback on how to make your portal

look more professional than something that was thrown together in Joomla by a 14 year old.

While you're feedback is appreciated, there's really no need for that at all ;)

Most of what you're said we're aware of and will have fixed soon :)

when we duplicate the databases to dev/staging (That is a bug, even knowing you designed it to

function that poorly)

If something's not working, please, as always, submit a ticket.

You just confirmed that you do not have them grouped properly by saying that Account's are for billing related and license related issues and payments... Where's Support? None of those thing's fall under the definition of a non-hosted license. The point is you have NO option in your small little list of two ticket options for actual support.

The departments are exactly the same as they used to be. "General Support" is, as it has been for about 2 years, for technical support.

However, only departments you have access to will show. If you have no hosting accounts for example, "Hosting Support" won't show. If all of your licenses are expired, "General Support" won't show.

Which sounds to me like an issue - which he kind of said. You know, "bugs and issues"?

function that poorly)

Nuke the license key as part of your refresh scripts. It's how we do it. And then consider yourself lucky that refreshing blindly without post-processing your data before bringing up the service doesn't deliberately shut down all running instances of the software like some other systems we use.

Did you even read what he said? "Support is technicians". Sounds to me like he told you exactly where support was, but you decided you weren't interested in reading that far.

Hope there in addition to "Please check this box if your issue is critical and causing your community to be offline or otherwise completely unusable." box another will be reintroduced - close this ticket if issue is resolved. now you cannot do that at the moment.

Love the new ticket support stuff.

Finally I can now attach images, no more uploading to imageshack etc. to illustrate a bug. yes!

Believe me when I say that we appreciate that as much as, if not more so, than you do :P

Believe me when I say that we appreciate that as much as, if not more so, than you do :P

I applaud IPS for using their own products to demonstrate a vote of confidence in the software. You might have just convinced me to purchase an IP.Nexus license.

Hope there in addition to "Please check this box if your issue is critical and causing your community to be offline or otherwise completely unusable." box another will be reintroduced - close this ticket if issue is resolved. now you cannot do that at the moment.

That should now be added.

Where is the button for support chat now? When it's online, that is.

I think you folks lost a very important support ticket in the changeover. It was to change my site's URL. You've had my okay since March 26 3 p.m. PST.

When I went this morning to the new client center, I clicked on the Update button for the ticket -- like I've done before to respond -- and it marked the ticket Resolved. I couldn't undo that. (What a usability screwup, the button should be labeled Resolved.)

I put in a new ticket. Gee, thanks for the fast roboresponse. When do you think my domain name will be updated?

And where's the support chat button? I would think when you nave a big changeover like this, support chat would be more available, not less.

Love the new ticket support stuff.

Finally I can now attach images, no more uploading to imageshack etc. to illustrate a bug. yes!

I appreciate it that the initial "ticket received" e-mail contains the ticket number in the subject. Presumably, this will make it easier to match ticket topics with responses.

Just got a (unhelpful) response to a ticket -- the link in the e-mail to the ticket in the client center isn't live -- you guys need to reformat that link.

• Management

Where is the button for support chat now? When it's online, that is.

Chat support will be back later today.

I think you folks lost a very important support ticket in the changeover. It was to change my site's URL. You've had my okay since March 26 3 p.m. PST.

When I went this morning to the new client center, I clicked on the Update button for the ticket -- like I've done before to respond -- and it marked the ticket Resolved. I couldn't undo that. (What a usability screwup, the button should be labeled Resolved.)

I put in a new ticket. Gee, thanks for the fast roboresponse. When do you think my domain name will be updated?

And where's the support chat button? I would think when you nave a big changeover like this, support chat would be more available, not less.

You opened with the question but, as I said, chat support will be back later today.

...You opened with the question but, as I said, chat support will be back later today.

Where, geographically, will the chat button be? On what page? Where will I be able to find it?

As for the design of that page and its buttons, I was using it like I had used the old system. I made a mistake and couldn't undo it.

The amount of scrolling needed to grasp what's going on is a usability issue. That page needs user testing.

In general about IPS design -- you guys seem to think that screen real estate is free and scrolling doesn't matter, contrary to everything known about human factors. On one hand, the interface is open and airy. On the other hand, slow, confusing, and difficult to use.

Why are there two client-areas, one on the site and one on the forums, one showing the IP.Products (not all of them, hopefully support will clear this) and one showing the marketplace?
Wouldn't it be more logical to only have (and maintain) one client-area for both, official and third party products? (tabs maybe?)

Please use UTF-8 as an encoding standard... I don't see the right letter in my name, it's just a "?" :(

EDIT: Nevermind, seems to be a browser/os-problem for under linux it works correctly.
UTF-8 is not used but the browser should recognize this oO

Question

"Please check this box if your issue is critical and causing your community to be offline or otherwise completely unusable."

Is that option still there? I don't see it anymore on my area of the Nexus?

Select "Critical" from the "Severity" drop down.

Edit: ah, it appears I was confusing it for the status drop down you use to mark a ticket resolved.

You should see a checkbox, however there are certain circumstances that might cause it to not display. You could always contact account assistance if you feel you should be seeing it.

Question

"Please check this box if your issue is critical and causing your community to be offline or otherwise completely unusable."

The box shows when you go to open a ticket - or it does for me, can't see why it should be any different.

Question

The box shows when you go to open a ticket - or it does for me, can't see why it should be any different.

I don't see this either.

Archived