Holiday Closure, Nov 26 & 27 ×

Community

ER: enable reCaptcha on login

Per the IPS response to ticket #732674 I would like to request optional functionality for IP.Board to enable reCaptcha on login.

This would be something that could be enabled to prevent or block login attacks from bots for a period of time until other permanent and less user intensive methods can be implemented.

Would like this to be a simple toggle. Users would need to enter reCaptcha and their password to login.

Thanks.

To be honest Captcha are really annoying for users. I myself find it extremely difficult to read the codes.
For a spam bots signing up for your site its nothing, currently it cost about $2 per 1000 Captchas that about 0.2 cents per Captcha you may as well turn off Captcha as long as you have a decent Q&A in place that