Contact Us in 3.2?

Genestoy

Are we finally going to get a "Contact Us" tab in 3.2? Many have asked for this for a LONG time now :whistle: and before anyone says a "mod" can do the same thing many times an author does make a mod then when IPB versions change the author no longer supports it so you are stuck again. Come on IPS it is 2011 integrate a "Contact Us" form and make it settable in the ACP as "Active" or "In-Active" so those that want it can use it and those that don't can turn it off. :thumbsup:

It's a good idea and all... but IP.Content can do this.

Why would it need to be integrated into the core? If you want to contact the staff, just PM an administrator.

And why wouldn't it, if it is something you can turn on/off? Not all of have or us want to use IP.Content, so it has my vote too.

Why would it need to be integrated into the core? If you want to contact the staff, just PM an administrator.

You can't do that if you are not a member or you are trying to register and something went wrong and you need to ask for help. My current 3.1.4 contact form gets used a lot :thumbsup: Matt said long ago (even prior to the above referenced link) he would consider adding this and the time has come.

I use a custom one made for me and would like to see a similar one standard.

It's a good idea and all... but IP.Content can do this.

What happens if you don't have IPC or not a member? Making a person sign up just to PM some one is not a good way to keep a member base.

What happens if you don't have IPC or not a member? Making a person sign up just to PM some one is not a good way to keep a member base.

They aren't your member base in that case then, are they?

I'm not against the idea - I just don't see it's worth in the core product, especially when something useful like the Calendar is getting moved out into it's own separate download.

They aren't your member base in that case then, are they?

I'm not against the idea - I just don't see it's worth in the core product, especially when something useful like the Calendar is getting moved out into it's own separate download.

Remember it not just download but everything. Their using modules which make it easy(er) to update products. So it more then Calendar, and is something that should be in the core product if a guest wants to contact a staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have they even removed the option to add a shonky mailto link in the footer? Mine's gone and I can't see the option anywhere. I know it's only a minor template edit, but was even that not core enough to be retained? Surely I'm just failing to see it . . .

Archived