Betting

Midnight Modding

oooook, one more day. Changed so much code and since I'm sleepy I kept accidentally pasting into the wrong lines and messing things up so I better finally go sleep. All I have left is some skinning, one tiny feature, titles, and integrating with ibeconomy. i think that's it. Will probably take 2 or 3 hours, but I will be gone a few hours later and am about to sleep now. So it will probably be 16 or so hours from now if all testing goes well.

In one day you go from wanting it to wanting a refund?

I could have released it days ago with no improvements other than compatible with 3.2, but have spent all these many hours improving it despite it likely not getting me any extra money compared with what I would already be getting. Also, mostly being nice to add in ibeconomy integration when I wasn't originally going to add that yet. In fact I think that's all I have left now and I could just release it without it. Someone else wanted it also though.

IPS missed almost all of their release dates, thus why they stopped telling expected dates. In my case the only reason it's taken so long is me imptoving things.

I've got to go sleep. All that's left is one bug fix, ibeconomy integration, and I ened to test a couple things. I'm trying to be done as soon as I can, but I can't release something I'm not totally done testing or customers would have to deal with bugs.

So it will be released some time later today (GMT -6), but if I add that integration it may be late in the day because I absolutely have to be gone a lot later today. I really wanted to add FURL support also, but I may skip it for now. I wasn't going to put it on many pages yet if I did do it.

Everything is shaping up nicely though in my opinion. Oh also I have to decide whether to make a dropdown where you choose your point system or if I should make it where you enter the point field and table field in 2 boxes. the first way is easier for ebginners. the second way gives more flexibility to add your own points field.

Just to let people know, I expect to be done with this about 12 hours from now. From now on I'm really going to have to do like IPS and give vague (or none) estimates on releases though because it's barely possible to get things done on time. Especially when improving things as you go. I kept posting all these updates trying my best to get done, but I see now why IPS doesn't do that so often as it's never going to be right.

I'm pretty confident as far as this post's release date mention though as I don't have much to do.

To be absolutely fair though it's been about seven days off you saying it will be released within a few hours, it will be released in 24 hours, will be released in a couple of hours, would be released after you have a sleep, will be released when you get home, will be released......

After spending my communities donations on getting it (seem it is a feature they love) every day finding more and more excuses as to why it isn't there is getting tough,

This site was annoyingly not letting me post.

I understand your frustration, but this is normal for release dates to change. Like i said, I just try too hard to tell accurate ones. If it were IPS they would have neevr told you any release date at all and you would just have no clue. At least in my case I was right within a week.

I'm trying really hard to get it done, but rest assyured that I'm nott aking so long due to any bad reason. i am working a ton on it and it's just taking a long time to get things right. You certainly would not want me to release it with major bugs or anything.

If I add ibeconomy integration it's going to take a little longer. Not sure if it's best toa dd it or have to take a tad longer. If I don't have to test every single part of it I could be done with even that a few hours from now though.

Hate to still not have it out, but I guarantee you it will be done later today (it's almost 5 Am here). This time I know because the only feature left is ibeconomy support. I just fixed bugs and skinning and did a ton.

I am still unsure, though, whether to have a simple dropdown where you pick "ibeconomy" or if I should have two fields wehre you type in the table anme and point field name and the description would tell what to put for them for my point system or for ibeconomy.

I guess it would be best to make it as simple as possible, but maybe still leave in the text boxes to also allow advanced.

Anyway so it will be done today, but I have to go sleep. I hope you'll be patient until later today since it's finally goi9ng to be done. %7Boption%7D

edit: Actually I'll look at it and see if I think it's worth even adding ibeconomy support at this time. if it looks like it will take me too long to ad it I'll skip it for now.

It's allllmost done. I need to go somewhere for an hour or two then will finish testing. It does work with ibEconomy. Too many scneraios to etst every single possibility, but I formatted them all the same way and kept double checking them and then tested it so it should work fine everywhere.

The reason this takes longer than expected is because when I say some of these time estimates I'm assuming that there won't be bugs. I then found quite a few bugs when testing. But now the ONLY thing left to test is some test bracket contests I amde. i am testing to be sure that they still add the members' picks properly.

This morning (in my time zone) I said it would be done today... and it still will. :) I was hoping to finish it before I left, but I'm so close now it won't be long. Within the enxt few hours definitely this time. :)

lol I'm going to barely be wrong about it being done "today" because it's tomorrow in 13 minutes and I just found a bug and I have files for 3.2 being uploaded to my lvie site so I can't upload this one to my test site yet to be sure it's fixed. All i can say is it will be done in a short time though.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Lol I am just playing - I apologize I was in a bad mood the other day but all is good man. I am just hoping it works IBEconomy isn't even released yet for 3.2 so it's no harm.

It's fine. Thanks for your patience. %7Boption%7D

I am now finished. I ened to put it on my main site just to be sure the upgrade doesn't mess up though and then I ened to write the changelog... I'll probably forget some changes since I didn't keep track of every single one.

But anyway so now i know for sure I will release it within approximately 1 hour since I have nothing left to test. I would have added buttons in a couple places where there are currently links, but I didn't want to take yet more time. Eh or I may still add them since it would only take probably 10 minutes. I'm not sure whether it needs them or not though.

Well if ibEconomy isn't upgraded yet I don't know what to tell you because if you use this without it at first and then start using it later the overall point totals will be odd depending on exactly how you use it.

You could use my free points ssytem just until then where at least people have a way of getting points to use until ibEconomy is released. As it is now everyone starts with zero points so if you don't sue a standalone point system with this then memebrs have no points to even bet on anything unless they do "free bets" which is a type of bet where you can win points without risking any of your own.

ok, the new version is available. Everyone can let me know suggestions on improving it, but other than bug fixes I am doing very little in the next month on it as I'm ready for a break after this stressful process and I have other work to do. I plan on doing SOME slight improvements soon though. Mostly only what I already had planned.

By the way, merk_aus, let me know before you ever switch to ibeconomy in case maybe I'll have time by then to put a tool in mine to add the points from mine into the ibeconomy field before you uninstall where you don't lose point totals. You won't lose the betting totals anyway, but you would lose overall site point totals.

ok, the new version is available. Everyone can let me know suggestions on improving it, but other than bug fixes I am doing very little in the next month on it as I'm ready for a break after this stressful process and I have other work to do. I plan on doing SOME slight improvements soon though. Mostly only what I already had planned.

By the way, merk_aus, let me know before you ever switch to ibeconomy in case maybe I'll have time by then to put a tool in mine to add the points from mine into the ibeconomy field before you uninstall where you don't lose point totals. You won't lose the betting totals anyway, but you would lose overall site point totals.

I've read the topic but I'm still not very clear about this: Dos the system allow for "draws" (ties) as a valid result? (i.e. can people bet on the game ending as a tie rather than a win for one or the other?).
I would mainly use this for chess and soccer, were ties are fairly common.

It hasn't been exactly tested too much since i always forget about it, but the way it's currently set up it takes ties tnto consideration. A member can't predict a tie though. They still pick a winner. Then if it ends up being a tie, you mark it as such rather than marking a winner. Then all betters get their point totals back with no loss or gain.

It wouldn't be hard to add in a feature where memebrs can actually predict a tie. Although I doubt it would be done very often.

By the way, I'm srprised nobody has been confused with point totals yet. Just as an fyi if you use a stand alone point system then once you palce a bet it will be taken ONLY from your stand alone point total. Then when the bet is paid out it will add or subtract to the internal point total the appropriate amount and then whatever amount for the stand alone also. If you do NOT use a stand alone point system it takes the bet directly from the internal system immediately and will show in stats as a member having lost that amount despite it technicaly being an ongoing bet.

Well I'll add it when I get a chance to do the other few things I wanted to do to tidy up this past release. Like I said earlier, though, the price is likely going up when the next release comes out since I've done tons and tons of hours of work on it before the last release. If it does go up, it won't be over $5-$10 and I assume won't go up again. I'll try to post in ehre when it's close to being done in case someone wants to get it before it goes up. Always possible it will stay the same, but part of the reason for the original price was that it had some unfinished areas suich as ugly forms which are now professioanlly done.