Betting

Midnight Modding

If anyone thinks any particular changes are needed, let me know. I've finally finished updating my review app so this one can be worked on soon also. probably not much until August though. Not only do i need a break, but I also have a custom app to do soon.

Skin it skin it skin it :)

Speaking of that, I really need to go ahead and start skinning these for 3.2 while I'm at it.

I am hoping toa ctually make sidebars as OPTIONS in the apps. It would possibly take a tad more work to do it where it can be displayed either way, but not too hard.

If anyone looks at the changelog list for my reviews app.... that will show how long I spent on that one lately. And now after reading the 3.2 skinning changes I'm already excited about improving the skins, so now I'm tempted to start right back on the review system also. lol

• 3 weeks later...

With this aprticular app basically the only things to change now are skin-related on the public side. There was only one change eneded to have the app actually work with 3.2, but the skinning has to be re-done. Hopefully I will hjave enough time to finish it within the next day. I'm doing this before the review system update since this one won't work at all on 3.2 without a fix.

Let me know any ideas for this though (as well as any others reading this). I still ened to better organize and also likely need some changes to be better for non-U.S. customers.

Hey MM any update on skinning? I still for the life of me after purchasing this get confused on adding games and contests. I had people test it and many people are confused on where to go for picks and such.

With Football season right around the corner I would really like to get this rolling. You know my offer still stands to port over mine from 2.3 and if you could I would pay money. Maybe 100-200 dollars if your interested, I read above where you have custom work going on but since the code is there and just needs to be ported to 3.1 I would be happy to pay. Just a thought

I am going to post on the main forum for mods as well and see if anyone is interested but since you understand the logic of this I thought I would give you first crack.

I could look at it and see if it looks like an amount of work that would be ok to do for that price.

In the long run this may end up closer to how you want anyway though and save you money. O know the lockout was settled, but didn't notice the defintie date of the first game, whether it's unchanged, when exactly, etc... But anyway I have been messing with the skinning yesterday and today to improve some things. As far as some of the things you want, though, it may have to wait a few weeks depending on time. As long as I have enough time I could probably get this one more how you want. Otherwise I will look at the other mod to update just for you.

I could look at it and see if it looks like an amount of work that would be ok to do for that price.

In the long run this may end up closer to how you want anyway though and save you money. O know the lockout was settled, but didn't notice the defintie date of the first game, whether it's unchanged, when exactly, etc... But anyway I have been messing with the skinning yesterday and today to improve some things. As far as some of the things you want, though, it may have to wait a few weeks depending on time. As long as I have enough time I could probably get this one more how you want. Otherwise I will look at the other mod to update just for you.

So are you saying now that this might not be out for a few weeks? I purchased it from you when you said the other day that all things will be fixed and updated today or tomorrow, and now your saying a few weeks?

It should be released today. I was just saying that for some changes he wanted a while back it may be a few weeks. he wanted some things a bit differently in the app.

I've eben working quite a while today to greatly improve one area.

Oh phew I was thinking in my head what I was going to tell my members they have been hammering me for days about their betting. :D I had told them it was coming in a couple of days haha

Well I hate to keep saying dates and then missing them. I would certainly think i'll be done within 24 hours though. I wanted to release both the reviews app and this app by Monday. I need to finish this to get to the review one. With this one I made some changes to improve it. With the reviews app I already improved it recently, so now just updating that one for 3.2.

With this one this onne particular area just needed a ton of time to change to a new method. If I have time I will also do a few more changes. if not then I'll finish this area and a little more and then release it and add mroe in a couple weeks.

I have to finish this app, review app, and have 3 custom projects!!! I never added myself to the list of custom modders on this site and ahven't advertised and yet somehow I still get all these custom projects. Nice.

Just an update... I have spent at least 5 or 6 hours on this today to finally finish the main thing I was working on. I still need to do a few things and test something though. I hope I'll be done in a few hours before I go crazy.

In case anyone reading this is on the fence about purchasing this still, I'm probably raising the price $5-$10 as I spend more time on it like this. This has been a lot of work and as time goes by it will get better.

Well just so you know when it is released I will be making a donation to you for the time taken. This is a critical feature on my board (and I think most sport boards) and my members are hounding me about it - I have already purchased it however seeing how much time is involved in getting it up to 3.2 I will be making a donation.

I am just hoping that your points/credits system is easy to update into IBEconomy as we want to use that but same thing as this waiting for it to be updated/released for 3.2.

Hopefully this will be released today and I wont need to worry about my members hunting me down while I sleep haha.

I urge everyone to purchase this though it is already a fantastic script yet alone the updates that are happening.

The way it is now, it won't integrate with ibeconomy because he stores his points field in a different table than my point system which I originally integrated this with. If I get enough time I would try to integrate it, but I can't remember how many places in this mod I would have to change so I'm not sure how long it will take. It may not take long. If he had put it in the members table, though, it would already work with it. Just unlucky in that it's a different table than mine.

I'll definitely release this later today assuming something major doesn't happen. I'm stuck one part though which keeps giving a memory error. It's basically a part that's not in the current version so i may just have to forget it for now.

Anyway if you do use it before I can ever get it to work with ibeconomy you could either use only the built in point system or my other point system and then when i do integrate it I could do some tool to add the points to the ibeconomy field. Not ideal though, but I'm trying to think how to best handle it.

Especially since you're considering donating I may try to integrate it with it later today as long as it doesn't seem that it will slow up the release. It's easy to integrate other than there are 100 places that would need to be changed. Luckily I think in most cases it would only ened the same copy/paste though.

So anyway I'll try to do it. I think someone posted on my site asking for it also. I had made my own point system a while back so made these to work with that. So that's why it'[s not integrated.

By the way, I fixed that memory sisue I mentioned in my last post. I'm going to go sleep and hopefully finish this later. :)

I finally got another big part of what I wanted done. When I get back to working on this I am hoping it will only take another 2 or 3 hours from that point. Since it ended up going to yet another day even if I did finish in 2 or 3 hours I may add soemthing else if it will be finished the same day.

So anyway surely I will be done within 24 hours from now, but I thought I would be done days ago! I sure hope my review app doesn't take this long. With it I am not adding new features though for the most part. I re-wrote some of this including a 700 line function.