Community

Posted (edited)

Just to update on the pickems app, I'll probably finish within a week. I technically only have 1-2 days left to finish it, but then have to test it. (luckily a small app, overall, so testing isn't a huge ordeal).

Tried to have it with options to where some sites can sue it in different ways, but for those who won't necessarily need to sue it right off, you can recommend more features that could be added later, as well.

I built it around weeks, but tried to make it where it can work without them. Then put in a structure for allowing commenting and a points system, but haven't added those,.... just have it ready for them with a future version.

Edited by Midnight Modding

Going to be finished with the pickem version any day now. (already done, but still doing final testing and bug fixing.)

The betting app... not sure when that full app will be done. The pickem one helps me a bit on it as I can do the pickem/contest part of the betting app similarly, thus sue similar code and be done sooner on that. But the betting app ahs a TON of features, so it takes a while.

So in a few days I will officially have finished 3 apps for 4.x and then planning to do betting, tournaments, and points apps.

Ended up having to test some areas on the pickems app I didn't think about and added features, but finished now. Is working great for me now and I care so much about numbers and stats that I test those insanely much, so there should be mighty few bugs related to those. Everything should all be good now.

Not sure when I will get to the full betting app. I badly need a break now because the pickems app was really involved and I was rushing to get it done before the U.S. football season.

9 minutes ago, Bocar said:

Hello.

Where can I see a demo of this add-on please ?

Thank you.

I don't have one up yet, but it's kind of hard to do a full demo because a lot is done in the acp. I could do a demo of the front end and then just will have to do screenshots of the acp side I guess.

I had to just guess where people would want certain actions to take place on this first version. Adding teams, categories, pools, and weeks is in the acp. Adding games is on the front end. Of those, I could see maybe some people wanting to add weeks on the front end. Also, you must click "End Week" when you want it to move on to the enxt week and End Pool to end the pool. Those are in the acp.

I figured most of that acp stuff would be done far less frequently and would be the type of actions admins would be doing.

Also, you can turn weeks off. I even made it where you can change on the fly from using weeks to not or from not using them to using them, as long as you haven't done something to have the contest too far done to be changeable. ie if you already have a week 2, you can't suddenly set use weeks to No.

1 hour ago, Bocar said:

The front end will be fine.

Can we make like "Win, Loose and Draw" choices ?

Thank you.

Not yet. So far it's just picking the winning team or just keeping it as "No Pick", but no pick isn't treated as a tie/draw right now.

I will add in ability for ties/draws in the next week or two most likely.

Also I added in ability to mark a game as "canceled" where it ends it without affecting stats. So I think I have everything covered except draws.

8 hours ago, Bocar said:

Where can We see your file ?

This link doesn't work.

This app never got finished updating to 4.x so the file got hidden in marketplace.

I just made the pickem app for now and since I don't have a topic for it yet, I was discussing it in here, due to its similarities. I am just waiting for approval on the pickem one. Had a few bugs to fix.

After the pickem app, I am probably finishing my tournaments app because I can do it very quickly, since I did a custom version already.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:34 AM, Midnight Modding said:

I just made the pickem app for now and since I don't have a topic for it yet, I was discussing it in here, due to its similarities. I am just waiting for approval on the pickem one. Had a few bugs to fix.

Do we have an eta on this?

thanks. 

Sorry for how long it's been taking to release it. It just ends up having little decisions to make here and there, but will probably submit it today or tomorrow. Bad timing for those who wanted it for the start of various seasons, but had done all I could and just got unlucky enough to have it a tiny bit later than I thought. I've sure ironed out a lot of bugs, though.

(talking about the pickems one... the betting one will be a while).

well, finished the pickems app, but just doing little tweaks and last minute decisions. Already finished that tie feature and have a setting where you can choose whether to call it ties or draws and also can choose per pool whether to allow members to predict them or not. When entering who won the games, you can always select tie. draw for that whether members were allowed to predict it or not. If they WERE allowed to, they get it correct. if they were not allowed, it just doesn't count the game one way or another, no win or loss.

Anyway, tested everything with and without it turned on to be sure I didn't mess anything up and it seems to be working fine.

I added it this morning, so just depends how long it takes them to approve it.

I'm not sure what will become of this betting app. I may just end up doing a separate app for only betting and I have no idea whether to put bracket contests into the pickems app, the betting one, or have a whole separate app. It's kind of a mess because I'd about have to make a feature for importing old data into a new app for those who want to see old results for past ones.

Also, the betting app allowed more than 2 teams in a matchup, in case someone wanted to have someone pick from a whole field of teams, say ones in a tournament.

My thinking is all over the place on the future of this exact app. If I update it, it wouldn't make sense to have more than just the betting in it (and lower price), when everything else could be in the pickems app. But then if someone wants to use betting AND pickems, they'd have to add the same teams, potentially, to 2 different apps or I'd have to do an import feature and then you may have copies of the same teams twice in the same app if you already added them in the pickems one. lol.

Maybe I should do the latter, though, and then a feature where you can merge teams or something. But then also I would be practically turning the pickems app into the betting app, which I could have had it all set up for that in preparation and now I set it up assuming it would be a separate app.

All I know is I myself still want betting, whether it be a separate, cheaper app, or an optional part in the pickems one that would have a separate link, I guess.

I myself like seeing old stats, so I'd like to have the old results from past contests showing, although contests/pickems in the betting app allowed for more than 2 team choices per matchup, so the whole setup was different.

Edited by Midnight Modding

8 hours ago, Bocar said:

OK. Can we get link of website wich use Pickem app to see how it runs ?

Thnaks.

I will when I have time, but that is why I went to so much trouble doing a lot of screenshots to try to show the overall way the system works. I've not had much time because I have been ironing out bugs in the app and adding improvements.