Community

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, theblackelk said:

@Midnight Modding

Hoping you haven't given up on this. I'd even take a scaled down version. People on my board really love this app. 

No, I haven't given up. I started updating it, then had to finish some 3.x custom work. That customer is finally close to wanting to update to 4.x himself, and he is my only customer I work on 3.x for. So then I can finally concentrate only on 4.x, which will make it a lot easier to get this done.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:28 PM, Michael Yates said:

I've not used this app before but i'm still patiently waiting for this. Even if its not ready until the new Premier League season in August, just some information on its progress would be nice. :) 

It should be done way before then. I am hoping to have ALL of my apps finished by February or March. It's hard to be sure which ones will be released first, though. It may be the tournaments app first, this second, reviews app third. But I did already start this one, so maybe it will be quick to finish, even if it's second to the tournaments one.

5 hours ago, Ivo Pereira said:

Any news on this @Midnight Modding?

Thanks!

All I can say is I am hoping to release it in March. I wish I could have got it done before the ncaa basketball tournament, even for myself I wish I could have, but I'm having to get the tournaments app finished. Once I do that this one will be quick to update because I'll already know how to do everything necessary in 4.x.

I wonder if I should move all the forms to the acp? I kind of doubt anyone needs them on the public side. Although, then again, maybe some will want it there.

Edited by Midnight Modding

On 24/02/2017 at 6:22 AM, Midnight Modding said:

All I can say is I am hoping to release it in March. I wish I could have got it done before the ncaa basketball tournament, even for myself I wish I could have, but I'm having to get the tournaments app finished. Once I do that this one will be quick to update because I'll already know how to do everything necessary in 4.x.

I wonder if I should move all the forms to the acp? I kind of doubt anyone needs them on the public side. Although, then again, maybe some will want it there.

Excellent mate, there is no rush for this, well for me anyway as I'm hoping to use this for the new English Premier League.

On 24/02/2017 at 6:22 AM, Midnight Modding said:

I have never seen the previous version interface (as the links in the first post are not valid anymore), so I really don't know what forms are you talking about. Maybe you can show us what are you referring to @Midnight Modding?

5 hours ago, Ivo Pereira said:

I have never seen the previous version interface (as the links in the first post are not valid anymore), so I really don't know what forms are you talking about. Maybe you can show us what are you referring to @Midnight Modding?

When I get a ahance I can go more into depth on it, but basically thee is one form for adding a category, one form for adding teams (or anything else you want to bet on), one form for adding a matchup, one form for adding a betting contest (basically where you can group a lot of matchups together to see who can get the most correct), and one for each type of sport bracket contest (American sports, but some others may work on them, as well).

Probably I should put categories in the acp, at least.

On 2/28/2017 at 2:49 PM, Midnight Modding said:

When I get a ahance I can go more into depth on it, but basically thee is one form for adding a category, one form for adding teams (or anything else you want to bet on), one form for adding a matchup, one form for adding a betting contest (basically where you can group a lot of matchups together to see who can get the most correct), and one for each type of sport bracket contest (American sports, but some others may work on them, as well).

Probably I should put categories in the acp, at least.

How close are we to a release? I will happily purchase it again.

Probably will end up being June. I have to finish a custom tournaments app and the public tournaments app both first, and those should be done in May. As I get done with those, the other apps, such as this one, will go really quickly, since I'd know right off how to do everything necessary in the apps.

6 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

Probably will end up being June. I have to finish a custom tournaments app and the public tournaments app both first, and those should be done in May. As I get done with those, the other apps, such as this one, will go really quickly, since I'd know right off how to do everything necessary in the apps.

Nice one mate, i'm quietly waiting :) 

Thanks

Are you wanting to use it just to bet on individual matches or some sort of bracket contests? Maybe I could get a basic version den by then and then add the rest of the features later. It will be really hard to even get a basic one done by then, but it's possible.

Yes, just individual matches mate. 

Honestly, there is no rush, if you don't make it by the start of the season then I honestly don't mind.

I dunno how yours will work but it would be good if it was like vBookie where you can post a new topic and implement the bet into the post. Where you post the title of the bet as the name of the match, for example, Middlesbrough v Newcastle United. Then you can put your own outcomes like:

Bet Option                                                  ODDS
Middlesbrough To Score First                 2.00  (or use fractions 2/1)
Home Win                                                   1.00 (or 1/1

Would this use its own points system or could you make it use another points system, maybe doing that will be less work?

Thanks in advance.

Like I say, there is no rush and it seems your the only hope in getting any type of betting system on IPB.

Michael

My app allowed you todo all of that to an extent. Technically you add teams and bet on which one wins, but there isn't a limit of 2 teams.... so you could just name the team name "Middlesbrough To Win first". So it wouldn't be exactly perfect, but it would work. It would just look kind of odd because it tells the records, so it would have a record of something like 1-0-0 for a choice that isn't really a team. lol. The ideal way for you would be if you add the teams and then the choices are a whole separate thing.

I personally used it myself in odd ways, though. I used it for people to bet on who would win presidential elections, for instance. haha.

Well that sounds good enough to me. Like I say, there is no rush for this. When it's ready it's ready, I'm looking forward to using it. Even if it's using it the proper way where teams are the only options. 

Cheers. 

Michael.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:18 AM, Midnight Modding said:

My app allowed you todo all of that to an extent. Technically you add teams and bet on which one wins, but there isn't a limit of 2 teams.... so you could just name the team name "Middlesbrough To Win first". So it wouldn't be exactly perfect, but it would work. It would just look kind of odd because it tells the records, so it would have a record of something like 1-0-0 for a choice that isn't really a team. lol. The ideal way for you would be if you add the teams and then the choices are a whole separate thing.

I personally used it myself in odd ways, though. I used it for people to bet on who would win presidential elections, for instance. haha.

Still working towards this? My members really loved it and still ask about it.

Edited by theblackelk

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, theblackelk said:

Still working towards this? My members really loved it and still ask about it.

yes, sorry it's taking forever. it's one thing after another. computer issues held me up, then health issues, finishing custom work, etc... I am going to get it done, it's just constantly too hard to know exactly when, other than some time in the next month or two.

If any of them had used it in the past, they'd know normally I get things done quickly and I also fix bugs quicker than anyone else.

This app and my reviews app were originally created for 2.x and I had them updated to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 VERY soon after they were released. I think I actually had them working on the day those forum software versions came out. So it's not normal for me to be this long updating apps. It's mostly because IPS did not have documentation added on here for a very long time and even still a lot is not there, so I kept waiting and then eventually I asked a lot of people for help understanding 4.x.

Plus health issues. I can't magically make them go away, or trust me, I would. I a getting close, though. I just have to finish the tournaments app, then this one will be VERY quick after that because I'll already know how to do everything once that one is completed.

Also, like I said, if anyone has suggestions on features, I will think of adding those, too, unless that would slow up the release too much.

Don't worry about when its available. It will be ready when its ready.

Do you have any screen shots of the old betting app so I can actually see what it looks like. I'm hoping it will be similar to vBookie for vBulletin but I don't think it is. But like you said I can adjust it to make it like that.

Here is a screen shot of vBookie which you would fill out when writing a new topic.

24vm8v5.jpg

The it would look like this at the top of the post: (I know these are different images from different sites)

4step.jpg

Members would bet on the event with their points which would either be the vbookie points or you could change it to another points system. I used to have a points system where people got so many points for posting messages, it worked really well. vBookie was probably the most popular app i've used.