Invision Community

That would probably go back to me doing it where you can basically have custom aspects to bet on. I am planning on doing it. I ened to think of a way of doing it which will be done nicely though. It's kind of cluttered as it is and I ened to think of an easy straightforward way.

I'm looking forward to it. A few of my members would be interested in something like this, so I'm seriously looking into it. I want something that fully integrates with my board and this does that. I just need to go to your site and register and play with it a bit.

Being able to select multiple thigns when betting would also be useful in other ways than justahving multipel types of things to bet on. Like i was thinking earlier it would be interesting to guess which 5 will make the U.S. women's gymnastics team since they ahve so many top notch athletes this year and if you could select 5 from a list then you could thus be predicting a whole team rather than just one choice in something.

I haven't looked to rememebr how this is organized though and it could be a pain changing this system around. Blah. Also I always wanted to do horse racing where you finish who will finish firsts econd and third. The more features I add the more cluttered it seems though.

I haven't looked to rememebr how this is organized though and it could be a pain changing this system around. Blah. Also I always wanted to do horse racing where you finish who will finish firsts econd and third. The more features I add the more cluttered it seems though.

Oh, so you haven't done this yet? I thought you had. I have members that would be very interested in this.

I didn't notice you bought it, but see now you did. Sorry I never got any sort of demo up. Like I said, I am going to be working on a new version though so let me know suggestions as you have any.

You basically just set up the bracket and then as long as they are set to have permission to bet it allows them to pick them. All of thsoe are in the systems ettings section of the ACP. As long as your group has permission to do all the admin stuff int eh aopp then you add teams and then add the bracket and then anyone in groups allowed to bet are automatically also allowed to make picks in brackets.

It has an ugly text link to make the picks though, whereas I should change it to a button. Also people can only do 1 bracket which is another thing I will change later on.

Nah, I cans ee how anythign could be confusing. I had to just try to post that response three times due to this site not working. lol

I like the horse racing idea, and if possible, I'd like a way for my members to bet on MMA fights. I can set winners and such, but maybe go with a (T)KO, Submission, Decision, Draw.

Other than that, it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I think it will be easy to integrate into my site, and my members are pretty excited about it already.

And another suggest, in the brackets, show who the actually winner of the bracket is. LIke if somebody does a full pick at the beginning, but their pick isn't one of the winners, they don't actually get to see who the winner is.

At this point you have to do them all at one time. Other than if yuo REALLY wanted to you could put the deadline for round 1 and then once that deadline apsses yuou could change it where then they could do more picks. They would just have to stop afetr the first round's picks though because if they pick them all in teh ebginning they can't change them.

So bottom line there's a lot I need to do to improve the breackets area. Now ay to change picks or anything which is needing improvement.

Hey mmmodding. I had a question for you. In your categories, where is the code for the category image? for example, if there is something new in the category you have it use f_icon.png and for a category where there isn't anything new you use f_icon_read.png

The reason I ask is when I go to set the categories, I would like to change them to match what's being bet on, but I can't find that bit of image code string. If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think it's in the main file itself (the modules_public/sports/sports.php file). Just use the search in that to find read.png or whatever. I'm, not sure exactly what you re wanting to change though, but I think I set that up in ther rather than in the skin templatea.

Basically what I want to do is this; With a skin, you can change the f_icon.png and the f_icon_read.png so your forums have their own icon. What I would like to do is change the category icons so that the NHL category has the NHL icon, the NFL category has the NFL icon and things like that. This is usually located in a skin template or CSS file. If there is a way to make this happen in the next version, that would be great. If not, no worries.

I know you can change the code string for forum and give it an id tag and it pulls the image from where you tell it to come from. At least for forums. I don't know about categories though. I was going to play with it and see.

I'll have to look at it when I get a chance because I've never noticed it before so I know in this app it won't. I didn't use their built in setup for those icons. Just made it myself where it would show one if matchups were recently added and then the other if not. But not through the way they do it in forums and whatnot.

You eman you reset it by usign a query or something?

Basically you would have to use a query and have it change everyone's back to 0 in a few columns in the members table. There are some such as sportpoints, betpoints, and I think bracketpoints, pickpoints, etc... they should all be near each other Or you could uninstall and reinstall the app, although would then lose everything. but if you're changing it back to 0 I don't see why you would ened to keep apst bet history anyway.

Well we changed the ratio of points because people were getting into the millions within weeks and billions wasn't far away. Now people are in the few thousands, reaching a million will be really hard but basically that means for the next few months the Top 20 points won won't change. Top top 10 is 50,000 or above and #1 is 1.6 million, right now people are only getting around 500 points per week.

I just want to reset the top 20 points won without removing the bookie.