Classifieds

Andy Millne

Andy, I am wondering why some listings are in brown, seehttp://www.truckcamp...p?/classifieds/

No big deal but curious

Dumb me, on edit I see that happens if a lister closes their ad. Nice feature, means I can contact them to see if I can delete it. Option to send a bulk mail to all people who have de-listed ads would be a nice future feature. Or a pop up to contact the admin if they wish to have their ad deleted when they close it would work.

Andy, I am wondering why some listings are in brown, see

http://www.truckcamp...p?/classifieds/

No big deal but curious

Dumb me, on edit I see that happens if a lister closes their ad. Nice feature, means I can contact them to see if I can delete it. Option to send a bulk mail to all people who have de-listed ads would be a nice future feature. Or a pop up to contact the admin if they wish to have their ad deleted when they close it would work.

Glad you worked it out and thanks for the suggestions. I'll be expanding on this so the multi moderation options allow you to open/close ads in bulk

PLEASE add a "FOR RENT" option.

I've got real estate companies interested in paying for listings, but there is no "for rent" option.

If this isn't part of an update soon to be released, could I get you to modify this for me? I'm willing to pay for this improvement.

Edited by Bendensin

would like to add my voice to a couple of additional options too. our community is sports and we have coaches who would like to list themselves as available for coaching.

in addition, we have clubs who like to rent their equipment to help fund their budgets.

so

1. for rent
2. services? (would that be the right term?) maybe for hire?

thanks for your dedicated work on this app

It would be even better if we could have the option to select the buy, sell types for our communities..

My site uses this as a marketplace for artists so having a rent option would look really out of place, though I can understand why you guys would like to see it included.

At the moment we have one very big category in the forum for the member classifieds and now when we are upgrading to the latest version of IPB forum, we are thinking if this your mod would be better place for those ads. Few questions:

- All our classifieds are free, we do not take any money from them. Is it possible with this mod too, that ads are totally free for the members?

- Do we have to have Nexus for this?

BW

Kimmo

Quick question, in group permissions for a certain group to always be able to post items without having to pay do I use "Can List Items?", and a group that needs to pay to list "Can Access, Can Edit, Can Open Close" but No on ""List Items"?

PLEASE add a "FOR RENT" option.

come to think of it, I could likely use that option as well.

would like to add my voice to a couple of additional options too. our community is sports and we have coaches who would like to list themselves as available for coaching.

in addition, we have clubs who like to rent their equipment to help fund their budgets.

so

1. for rent

2. services? (would that be the right term?) maybe for hire?

thanks for your dedicated work on this app

Rather than try and shoe horn more and more advert types in, what I expect I'll do is try and completely open up this so any types can be added. This is not something that will make 1.2 which is already late in the development cycle however (blog updates to come shortly) but it is an extremely high priority for the upcoming versions.

It would be even better if we could have the option to select the buy, sell types for our communities..

My site uses this as a marketplace for artists so having a rent option would look really out of place, though I can understand why you guys would like to see it included.

^ this

Is possible to have multiple choice dropdown list, in additional form template?

I presume you are referring to custom fields? If so unfortunately not, multi-select is not an available field type though you could set up multiple checkbox fields for each option

Quick question, in group permissions for a certain group to always be able to post items without having to pay do I use "Can List Items?", and a group that needs to pay to list "Can Access, Can Edit, Can Open Close" but No on ""List Items"?

Currently you cannot have certain groups able to list for free and others having to pay but this *is* a feature for the forthcoming 1.2 release that I will be blogging about shortly.

Hi,

I had a classified entry open, and I clicked the facebook link to share and the following error occured.

classifieds share link for facebook - error as follows
{
"error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.",
"type": "OAuthException"
}
}

Any ideas?

Many thanks

I would find extremely useful to have a random (or latest / or feature) items hook with an image (or a placeholder image) on the forum index page. It could look exactly like the one within the application. It could also look like the latest topics hook with several listings listed with small thumbnails next to it.

At present I feel the content of the application could be better 'sold graphically' to the users. I would need them without much reading understand or feel there are some items for sale or rent..

At present we are using Classifieds for Czech expatriots living in all possible countries so that they can for free exchange or sold their items. They all are using Czech language which is being controlled by the Czech locale - which is fine. I am getting limited in the Currency, which at present is also Czech (i believe controlled by the locale). It would suit me better if I could somehow control the currency per Category, so that In Category USA they would see currency USD and in Saudi Arabia - Dinar... Or to have at least the ability to change the currency to word 'Local currency' .What would be the best way to do?

I would find useful to be able to rss export as per classified categories, so that I could then import the channels into particular forum categories, at present the rss export is for the classified module as a whole and I cannot import it to forums related to classified categories.

1) This is intended but configurable. Please check the setting "Days to display after expiry". Set this to 0 if you would like adverts to immediately drop off.

2) OK there may be more to it, it sounds like they're not actually expiring for you, perhaps the task is not running. Could you please pm me AC/FTP access so I can check that for you?

3) Could be related to 1/2 but I'll check this out for you at the same time.

The listing started showing properly after a few more days. We will be testing this extensively in a couple of weeks. Will let you know if we observe the same problem again.

I may have mentioned this before, but a canned e-mail (that you can customize) going out to an advertiser after they place an ad would be useful. A message that containing some of the things i continually get asked about:

For eg

1) An explanation of why you can't see a contact link in your own ad
2) A notice to check your notification options, if the board is not set for default notifications.

Things like that, or simply a thank you confirmation.

Oh and the ability to bulk mail all advertisers to warn about scams or whatever.

All in all this is a great app.

I don't understand packages.

There are no listing packages available.

Why I have to create package? There is no way how to simplier add item? How can I set up special package for each group?

You need to create a package to set up how long adverts are displayed for as well as the price to list. If you're not using Nexus and don't want to charge you still need to set up at least one package although price will not be given as an option.

Thanks for the other suggestions folks.

I don't use Nexus, so I will be able to create only free packages? In this case one package is enough.

Yes if you do not have nexus you cannot charge for different listing packages and one may be enough for you usage. In the cases where only one package is available that package will be chosen by default and no option will be given to the user when adding their item.