Download: KeyCAPTCHA - Innovative Anti-Spam Service. We Pay For Your Protection.

KeyCAPTCHA

File Name: KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA with Social Features
File Submitter: KeyCAPTCHA
File Submitted: 21 Feb 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA

Unlike many other captchas, it does not require any text typing.

Social Features:

You may support charity funds by enabling social advertising in KeyCAPTCHA.
Also you can earn money by specifying social and commercial advertising shares in KeyCAPTCHA on your website.

Free Variants of Using KeyCAPTCHA: KeyCAPTCHA Unique Technologies

[*]Anti-spam protection. Social advertising. Monetization through commercial ads. [*]Anti-spam protection. Monetization through commercial ads. [*]Anti-spam protection. Social advertising. [*]Anti-spam protection without any ads.

Instead of guessing symbols, our CAPTCHA offers visitors to complete an easy interactive task. If KeyCAPTCHA hasn't been solved correctly, page refreshing doesn't take place that allows the user not to fill in the form repeatedly. It occurs since there is an initial checkup of CAPTCHAs in the KeyCAPTCHA servers before sending a filled-in form to the protected web server. Our CAPTCHA also can be used even if your hosting provider blocks all outgoing connections.

The geo-cluster is used to operate KeyCAPTCHA service. Our geo-cluster includes the servers located in diverse European data centers. Some servers are in the special DDoS stable data centers in Switzerland to ensure trouble-free 24x7x365 mode service operation. KeyCAPTCHA blocks spammers using anonymizers or anonymous HTPP proxies to distribute a hand spam. There is no info of correct CAPTCHA solution in the visitor's browser. CAPTCHA verification is processed by the KeyCAPTCHA servers. Data transferring between your web server, the visitor's browser and the KeyCAPTCHA server is protected by a digital signature. 112 to 165 bit variable length password is used to generate a digital signature. KeyCAPTCHA is a code executable in the visitor's browser. It is not a static image as used in typical CAPTCHAs. Having received our CAPTCHA, it's virtually impossible to transfer it to third parties in order to run any task what spammers also do bypassing typical CAPTCHAs. Probability of guessing the answer by submitting a random solution is 1 to 30,000,000. KeyCAPTCHA-used images are transferred encryptedly.

KeyCAPTCHA blog

1. [*]Register on and log-in to our site
https://www.keycaptcha.com

Effective Anti-Spam Protection Compatibility KeyCAPTCHA supports two operating modes: Flash and HTML5. The KeyCAPTCHA HTML5 mode is used in most modern browsers, such as Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, Safari, and also used in iPhone and iPad. The Flash mode has been developed to be used in Internet Explorer and Opera. While loading, KeyCAPTCHA identifies its operating mode depending on the visitor's browser. KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program allows publishers as well as any Internet user to collect incomes. For more information on The KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program, go to . Installation [*]Add your site URL to a Site list [*]Follow the CAPTCHA installation instructions in our Wizard. Click here to download this file
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keycaptcha.php should be copied to /ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin , although I have asked for more instructions to be added again. To be fair, you need to visit the site to register and obtain a key anyway and the instructions (in detail) are shown there.

The xml is NOT a hook. It is imported into Tools / Settings.

Am sure this is pukka - but am I wrong to question a first time poster posting a piece of software to control spam.

A bit like a stranger offering free money on the street corner.

:)

Yes there seems to be a little more to the story.... I'm looking into it as it looks like there are limits coming on how many uses for free... not sure of all the details yet though.

I've have tried this and to tell truth it's doing a great job and my members love it because putting a puzzle together is way better then hurting you're head to fingure out letters with the old one,all who seem worried should not be any way it's great app.

KeyCAPTCHA statistics for date 2011-02-23

Number of requests for getting CAPTCHA	39

Number of requests for checking CAPTCHA	25

Number of right solutions	14

Number of wrong solutions	11

I've have tried this and to tell truth it's doing a great job and my members love it because putting a puzzle together is way better then hurting you're head to fingure out letters with the old one,all who seem worried should not be any way it's great app.

KeyCAPTCHA statistics for date 2011-02-23

Number of requests for getting CAPTCHA	39

Number of requests for checking CAPTCHA	25

Number of right solutions	14

Number of wrong solutions	11

Thanks for the reply. Will try it now.

My heart tells me there is something wrong with a Russian company providing spam prevention... lol 80% of all spammers are from russia on my boards.

Not saying it's a bad product, just have to go with my heart on this one and stay away I think.

Has anyone dug into the files being uploaded to your site to see if there is anything malicious in there by chance?

My heart tells me there is something wrong with a Russian company providing spam prevention... lol 80% of all spammers are from russia on my boards.

Not saying it's a bad product, just have to go with my heart on this one and stay away I think.

Has anyone dug into the files being uploaded to your site to see if there is anything malicious in there by chance?

The uploaded file was small and the XML import both looked clean.

I've had this installed since they released it, and to be honest, it's doing an amazing job. With reCaptcha we used to get somewhere around 40-50 spammers pr day. Since we require all new members to enter their website address, it is very easy to recognize them, as the "clever" spammer bot enters "143040" on all unknown forced fields.

The registration rate for valid members have not dropped, but I have yet to see a confirmed spammer, or a potential spammer awaiting validation.

Before I install I have a few questions of concern from a newbie with no code experience. I'm seeing the potential of this new Captcha.

1. When a user registers using this new or for that matter any Captcha, does the register information (email address, etc) get sent to their site or anywhere else?

2. To those that have installed this modification, does it allow you to choose in the ACP which Captcha you want to use? The present IPB gives you 2 choices. Or does it render the present ones inoperative by removing the choices?

3. If you have 2 urls and one registration, will it allow you to install on your test board and your live board?

4. Is it easy to uninstall if you decide not to use it, does it leave any traces behind?

Many thanks.

Before I install I have a few questions of concern from a newbie with no code experience. I'm seeing the potential of this new Captcha.

1. When a user registers using this new or for that matter any Captcha, does the register information (email address, etc) get sent to their site or anywhere else?

2. To those that have installed this modification, does it allow you to choose in the ACP which Captcha you want to use? The present IPB gives you 2 choices. Or does it render the present ones inoperative by removing the choices?

3. If you have 2 urls and one registration, will it allow you to install on your test board and your live board?

4. Is it easy to uninstall if you decide not to use it, does it leave any traces behind?

Many thanks.

1. No, it only checks the completion of the puzzle

2. Yes, keyCaptcha is added to those choices

3. You can register multiple domains.

4. It's simple to install and uninstall.

Reporting that it's working well on the test board.

Notice one thing if others care to confirm...
It takes a while to completely load the registration page as oppose to the reCaptcha.

I'm not having problems with the reCaptcha since I've placed an additional challenge question but I do get complains at times from users having to figure out what to type , not a big deal but the more you pamper the more they want. :) One of the reasons why I think this graphic interface would work well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived