(RSyvarth) Advanced Profile Customization

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (RSyvarth) Advanced Profile Customization

File Submitter: rsyvarth

File Submitted: 19 Feb 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x

This modification is not compatible with IPB 3.2. Only IPB 3.1.x
This application is no longer being updated for new versions of IPB. It is only going to be updated for bug fixes until further notice.

A modification that allows users to customize just about every single color on their profile page by either defining each color with a color picker, or applying a pre-defined theme.

Features

Public

• Control almost 40 separate color settings for your profile
  • Control profile-wide font setting
  • Apply Themes Defined by Admins for quick customization
  • Remove all customizations with a button press
  • "Style Map" images to help users determine which part of the page a setting edits.

Moderators
  • Remove all customizations with a button press on member's profile

Admin
  • Create Themes for users to apply to their profiles
  • Add usergroup permissions for each individual theme
  • Control which usergroups have permission to use themes
  • Control which usergroups have permission to use full profile customization

here to download this file

This looks marvelous!

I have a few questions:

1. Do you plan on adding support for background images in the future?
  2. Upload?
  3. Add img url?
  4. Use any gallery images for backgrounds?
[*]As it is now, does this change the current custom profile background option at all? [*]Apply Themes Defined by Admins for quick customization - Does this include ability for admin to add images to a custom theme?

1. I would like to add image uploading, but it would have to be reasonably controlled or the settings would have to be reorganized because there are a ton of different settings that become involved when it comes to adding background images. So it is definitely possible for a future release (probably after I finish my current project).

2. Nope, they are completely independent of each other. This addon only deals with the "foreground" of your profile and its styles.

3. No, not currently at least, but once I add background image support, admin integration will definitely be included. Currently the themes only allow Admins to define the same set of styles that the normal users can, it just allows for those themes to be applied with far greater efficiency.

Also, just to note, other features I plan to include in future versions will include setting permissions for who has the ability to use certain themes, reorganization of the content on the profile page, and whatever else you guys come up with!

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

once again tables werent created on DB
im getting DB error also
can u PM me the queries this needs so i can do it manually??

In your ACP go to Tools & Settings > System Settings > Members > Advanced Profile Customization and there you will see various settings which allow you to control who can use what parts of the system.

Try re-downloading it now. It should be better, it looks like I forgot to export the settings in the last build.

Just uninstall the app, re-upload it, and re-install and it should work...

Hello,

I am an existing customer.

Please send me the updated files for 3.2.1

My members .. especially the ladies .. love your software.

Thanx

Neil

This application hasn't been updated for 3.2 yet. It may be awhile because I have a few other applications that have a larger userbase that need updates.

2. Nope, they are completely independent of each other. This addon only deals with the "foreground" of your profile and its styles.

So, if I already have a background image set for my profile will your addon overwrite it with a color or leave the background alone? (I need to keep the background image)

Also, is this compatible with the current IPB version?

Thank you*

So, if I already have a background image set for my profile will your addon overwrite it with a color or leave the background alone? (I need to keep the background image)

Also, is this compatible with the current IPB version?

Thank you*

No, this app is not compatible with the current version of IPB and it is unlikely that it will be updated any time soon.