(DP34) Global Sidebars

DawPi

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased this mod today, very nice... I *almost* have it working the way I want.

I want the same right-hand sidebar to be on every single page of the board. So I have enabled and customized the "Standard Sidebar". It appears on every single page except the search results page, and by extension the "View New Content" page. How do I get my sidebar to appear on those pages also?

Thank you.

I've got this installed and it works brilliantly.

I'd like to make a slight change though but don't seem to be able to do it.

I have a global sidebar set up that has a width of 340. This is ideal for my homepage, IP content stuff and forum view. Ideally though I want a sidebar with a width of 140 on my topic view, for forum posts.

So I've set up a second sidebar for the forum, blocked the original sidebar from showing up on those pages and resized all the ads ads in there to 120. All this has worked perfectly, except it still shows as 340 width because if I change that to 140 it also changes the original sidebar that I use for the other pages on my site.

So my question is this; is it possible to have two 'global sidebars' set up of different widths?

I purchased this mod today, very nice... I *almost* have it working the way I want.

I want the same right-hand sidebar to be on every single page of the board. So I have enabled and customized the "Standard Sidebar". It appears on every single page except the search results page, and by extension the "View New Content" page. How do I get my sidebar to appear on those pages also?

Thank you.

Hello,

this is hardcoded there. If you want to edit it manually in files please reply. I'll give you a short instruction how to do it.

I'd be very interested in knowing how to do this too.

Open file: adminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php

Find:

if( ( $this->request['app'] == 'core' ) && ( $this->request['module'] == 'search' ) ) 
        {
            return $html;
        }

Change to:

if( ( $this->request['app'] == 'core' ) && ( $this->request['module'] == 'search' ) ) 
        {
            #return $html;
        }

Open file: adminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php

Find:

{
            return $html;
        }

Change to:

{
            #return $html;
        }

Thank you for the reply. However, since I am using Invision's cloud hosting, all sourcecode is encrypted and nonmodifiable. So I guess I'm hosed unless I want to buy the board software and host it myself. Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible to get this to work on the 'View New Content' page? Would be nice to force the sidebar in this area too, as it's a very popular page that a lot of my community lurks and refreshes.

I wrote about it before. :)

I bought the mod and liked it a lot, but in my normal home sidebar displays the latest posts and other items, but I found the option to configure this information, in addition to the ads. Can you help me?

Thank you.

What you want to do? Im not sure.

vpsBoard - It looks like you can do this by using the Standard Sidebar option, then use the 'Only show on these pages' filter to restrict it to Active Content.

Done a quick test, using the URL from New Content to form '/index.php?app=core&module=search&*' but after the Sidebar is created I can't add any items to it.

Dawid can you confirm if this is the correct method?