Community

(DP34) Global Sidebars

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again, I must say this app works very nicely now and has a lot of flexibility. I really don't know why IPB doesn't come with global sidebars as standard. Anyway, below is an example of the Global

For everyone - please wait on 1.1.0 version - with a lot more features And easier navigation! Marcher: great subsupport, thanks!

Sure, it will be. It's almost done, but I have problem with new skin, so please be patient a little more time.

Posted Images

Yes i tried, still have same problem This is from my error logs.

[Wed Nov 07 10:54:31 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function showAdverts() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/travel-fans.com/httpdocs/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php on line 763

I told you - use the second and then first tool in the skin tools list. What you need to know more? Oh, forget - use them properly, not only click and go.

First tool -

Recache Skin Sets

Second tool -

Reset Skin Set Usage

It still does not work.

You know what, just refund me, you can shove your mod up your arse along with that chip on your shoulder.

It's very kind of you, but you should be warned for posts like this.

If you don't know how to properly update the skins cache and rebuild them that isn't reason to refund you. That would be ridiculous - buy mod, ask for a refund, learn how to fix and get it for free finally.

I'm happy today so I show you what you need to do:

pre_1352480064__2012-11-09_17-51-42.png'" alt="pre_1352480064__2012-11-09_17-51-42.png">

Quote removed (and the post)

Please refrain from using inappropriate language on here. The modification author is attempting to help you with your concerns. :smile:

If this still does not satisfy you, you are then welcome to contact either a Marketplace Moderator (via the PM system) or Management (via the Client Area) to raise your concerns.

Needless to say, there is no need to post insulting comments directed to a modification author, especially one who is assisting you.

Edited by ΑndyF
Clarified post

AndyF, I was insulted first, what goes around comes around.I'm still being insulted but whatever.

DawPi,

1st and 2nd tool you said, and then claimed i am some idiot that doesn't know what he is doing.

1st and 3rd tool now? So who is giving wrong instructions then?

Now you claim im trying to get the mod free....

I would suggest giving correct support instructions before throwing allegations around mate.

Anyway, its working now. Shame you could act like a adult in the first instance, i wont be buying from you again.

I never claimed you're an idiot - those are only your thoughts, not mine. Remember it.

I made mistake, but you accused me wihout reason. It wasn't necessary.

Anyway, its working now. Shame you could act like a adult in the first instance, i wont be buying from you again.

Shame you can't understand that human is only human and not machine.

Have a nice day.

P.s. it's very difficult to be nice and usefull for everyone. Eh.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'fshow is not an object' in /home/********/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php:1079 Stack trace: #0 /home/********/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php(1177): ipsRegistry::getClass('fshow') #1 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(1193) : eval()'d code(1): ipsRegistry->__get('fshow') #2 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(1193): eval() #3 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(1156): gsLibrary->parsePHP('echo $this->reg...') #4 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(928): gsLibrary->_parseAdvert('echo $this->reg...', '1', '1') #5 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(706): gsLibrary->_getAdvertsBaseOnSidebarID('4') #6 /home/********/public_html/admin/applicatio in /home/********/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 1079

Seriously DawPi,

I've given up using this application now...

I've only just noticed this error which is shown on my forums registration page. I had to disable the application.

You've clearly not tested this fully before releasing it to your customers, I'm done being a beta tester or Guinea pig for your applications.

I just don't have the time to deal with errors that are not my doing in relation to your apps.

Big disappointment, back to the free version on the market I go.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'fshow is not an object' in /home/********/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php:1079 Stack trace: #0 /home/********/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php(1177): ipsRegistry::getClass('fshow') #1 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(1193) : eval()'d code(1): ipsRegistry->__get('fshow') #2 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(1193): eval() #3 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(1156): gsLibrary->parsePHP('echo $this->reg...') #4 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(928): gsLibrary->_parseAdvert('echo $this->reg...', '1', '1') #5 /home/********/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/gsidebars/sources/classes/library.php(706): gsLibrary->_getAdvertsBaseOnSidebarID('4') #6 /home/********/public_html/admin/applicatio in /home/********/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 1079

Seriously DawPi,

I've only just noticed this error which is shown on my forums registration page. I had to disable the application.

You've clearly not tested this fully before releasing it to your customers, I'm done being a beta tester or Guinea pig for your applications.

I just don't have the time to deal with errors that are not my doing in relation to your apps.

Couldnt agree more, i have a few of their mods, some paid some free and they are all buggy as hell.

I have two disabled at the moment as they break my board. It is a bit of a joke, more so that when you post these issues, you get an attitude.

Seriously DawPi,

It's a lie! You don't know me, don't know how many days I've worked in this app and how many days will. So STOP ACCUSING me, okay?

What is 'fshow'? This isn't part of IP.Board! If you need help with this send me your ACP and FTP and I'll check it. But believe me - it it won't be causing by my mod and not related strictly to it, but to your knowledge or error with other mod I'll be thankfull for your SORRY in this topic, ok?!

Couldnt agree more, i have a few of their mods, some paid some free and they are all buggy as hell.

I have two disabled at the moment as they break my board. It is a bit of a joke, more so that when you post these issues, you get an attitude.

Any of my paid/free mods never stopped work with errors like these on a fresh installed board (development environment), so if you have nonstandard errors please send me your ACP and FTP and I'll investigate for you any issue. Just LIKE IPS DOES - they have 'base of standard errors with answers' but some of them are different, they need more time to fix and debug. As I - you or anyone else found error or thing that anything is error - report it to me and DO NOT ACCUSE without reason because I hate it.

Guys, I'm tired. Get error? Why you can't send me PM/mail with it and WAIT for me. I'll check ALL reports. I'm here to help you, but why the hell you can't HELP ME to help you? Why you can't be nice and gently? What I did wrong? Many users using my mods and they're satisfied. Of course - I'm not ideal, I'm working on all my stuff ALONE, so there are things which must WAIT, but they're WAITING, aren't CANCELED.

Look i like your mods and i want to work with you. But you asked "I'm here to help you, but why the hell you can't HELP ME to help you? Why you can't be nice and gently? What I did wrong?"

We, it's your attitude, you are not nice first, you speak down to people, its you. If YOU are nice to people they will be nice back!

If you get defensive and rude in your first reply to a new customer you will upset them. You did this to me. Your first response to a new and loyal customer and you imply i am stupid and wasting your time.

You asked... i am your customer, i have no reason to lie.

Dave, I was rude? :( Even if I wrote something wrong, believe it wasn't my intention. Maybe I had worse day, I don't want excuse myself, but believe me - I'm nice and patience guy, especially in this 'business'. You want to know what it worst thing in the modding and supporting any IP.Board work/job? TIME - I haven't it as much as I wanted to help everyone, make all mods from my ideas and bring new features to my exists mods.

I have full (overloaded) time job related to the IP.Board in Poland, I'm owny accountant, driver, secretary, charwoman, babysitter for myself etc. It isn't easy job, trust me. :sleep:

Phil, I jusy found the reason of your complaining: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/351660-download-bim33-featured-content/?p=2323467 - so what's the PROBLEM? It works or not? What told you the author of this mod, huh? Why do you insult me for no reason?

Yes, that post shows the required code to place into the global sidebar box for that mod to display correctly. That worked and it displayed fine in your application.

BUT for some reason on my registration page it spit out the above error making registrations impossible. Everything in the error code made references to your application. As soon as your app was disabled the registration page worked as normal.

Dave, I was rude? :sad: Even if I wrote something wrong, believe it wasn't my intention. Maybe I had worse day, I don't want excuse myself, but believe me - I'm nice and patience guy, especially in this 'business'. You want to know what it worst thing in the modding and supporting any IP.Board work/job? TIME - I haven't it as much as I wanted to help everyone, make all mods from my ideas and bring new features to my exists mods.

I have full (overloaded) time job related to the IP.Board in Poland, I'm owny accountant, driver, secretary, charwoman, babysitter for myself etc. It isn't easy job, trust me. :sleep:

DawPi, you may not notice it and it could be due to the fact you're from Poland and there is a slight language barrier. Maybe your tone or the way you project yourself and words can be put down to the language issue.

But from reading your past replies not just to myself but the majority of people in every support topic for each one of your apps. You do come across as condescending and slightly insulting, in your posts it appears you have an attitude of something along the lines of....

"oh my god, I have to waste time on your stupid problem when I have better things to be doing, hurry up so I can get back to what I want to do"

OR

"I'm not the problem here, don't ever share your opinion about one of my products again, I work alone so expect errors and shut up about it too".

Of course the above lines are not your exact words but it's along these lines you project yourself to customers.

Personally, as soon as I get that kinda attitude from anyone I go into defensive mode. I can't be respectful towards someone who would speak to me like that. I'm not a bad guy, if you respect me I completely respect you in return.

I have no reason to bad mouth your apps unless I felt I had a valid reason to do so, if I'm ever wrong about something I will surely apologize and publicly correct any wrongful statement I may have made.

Everything in the error code made references to your application. As soon as your app was disabled the registration page worked as normal.

Sorry I must say it: if you don't know the PHP why are you judging my app if it work or not? :smile: You entered wrong code, because only:

echo $this->registry->fshow->_start(1);

And the reason will be of course:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'fshow is not an object' in C:wampwww33xadminsourcesbaseipsRegistry.php:1080 Stack trace: #0 C:wampwww33xadminsourcesbaseipsRegistry.php(1178): ipsRegistry::getClass('fshow') #1 C:wampwww33xadminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php(1193) : eval()'d code(3): ipsRegistry->__get('fshow') #2 C:wampwww33xadminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php(1193): eval() #3 C:wampwww33xadminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php(1156): gsLibrary->parsePHP('????echo $this-...') #4 C:wampwww33xadminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php(928): gsLibrary->_parseAdvert('????echo $this-...', '1', '1') #5 C:wampwww33xadminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php(706): gsLibrary->_getAdvertsBaseOnSidebarID('3') #6 C:wampwww33xadminapplications_addonothergsidebarssourcesclasseslibrary.php(412): gsLibrary->getSectionHtml('al in C:wampwww33xadminsourcesbaseipsRegistry.php on line 1080

Let's use this code instead:

require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'featuredcontent' )."/sources/fcontent_show.php" );
$this->registry->setClass( 'fshow',new fcontent_show( $this->registry ) );

echo $this->registry->fshow->_start(1);

Taa daaaam:

pre_1352912196__2012-11-14_17-56-00.png'" alt="pre_1352912196__2012-11-14_17-56-00.png">

So, Phil, if you have problem - report it to me and then wait for me to check the situation and try fix. Do we have deal? :)

Of course the above lines are not your exact words but it's along these lines you project yourself to customers.

Hm, it isn't tru, but you're right. I know few modders here which are rude and not nice, but it isn't my problem. :smile:

Thanks DawPi for fixing the problem,

You had suggested before to enter the code in that format or similar though Your Post Here

Now I have only 1 issue, You can not disable a selected sidebar on the registration page, there is no option for that.

This is why I suggested to you for the feature of being able to manually insert URL's with a wildcard (*).

For example: If I did not want a sidebar to display on the registration page I would simply insert...

index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

...into a text field with a drop down box next to the field allowing me to select "only show on these pages" or "Do not show on these pages".

This kind of feature worked perfectly, why change it?

Now if we want to exclude anything we have to wait for you to hard code that area to be a select-able exclude zone into the app? makes no sense for it to be that way.

You can't, you can't disable them on the registration page either and possibly other areas not mentioned yet.

It's a flaw in the design of this application, simply put you have to wait for the developer to read your above question, then to realise it might have being better to include that area, then it's a waiting game when he releases a fix to the flaw.

I've already suggested a wildcard URL format to exclude or include pages to prevent this issue ever arising in the first place but time will tell if he follows through on it..

Until then..... Wait or disable the app until the flaw is fixed.