(DP34) Global Sidebars

DawPi

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (DP34) Global Sidebars

File Submitter: DawPi

File Submitted: 11 Feb 2011

File Category: Promotion

Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.4.x, IP.Blog 2.5.x, IP.Blog 2.6.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Calendar 3.2.x, IP.Calendar 3.3.x, IP.Chat 1.4.x, IP.Content 2.2.x, IP.Content 2.3.x, IP.Downloads 2.4.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x, IP.Gallery 4.0.x, IP.Gallery 4.1.x, IP.Gallery 5.0.x, IP.Nexus 1.3.x, IP.Nexus 1.4.x, IP.Nexus 1.5.x

With this application you can display global sidebar on your board. You can add global sidebar or customized section for each application on your board. Application works on caches - minimum resource affect.

Features:

• enable/disable modification,
  • choose which groups can see adverts,
  • integrate with (DP34) Advanced Adverts (must buy it),
  • always show main sidebar on all pages or hide it if on specified section will be added custom sidebar,
  • add unlimited adverts - sort them, edit or remove,
  • add javascript or PHP code into advert content,
  • enable or disable default sidebar on the main board page. If not disabled then global ('all' type) custom global sidebar will be displayed above the standard sidebar, and under it will be displayed 'index' type custom global sidebar. - disable 'all pages' sidebar on selected pages,
  • option to disable sidebars on selected skins,
  • parse any IP.Content block. You can use now {parse block="block_key"} in any sidebar to show block content,
  • exclude selected groups from viewing each sidebar,
  • use standard sidebar - the same as on the main board page (when enabled global sidebar won't be visible - because global sidebar it's already on the main board page). Note: standard sidebar on other page than main will increase the page load time,
  • display on right or left the board side,
  • disable 'forum' sidebar type in specified forums,
  • display adverts in random order,
  • display each advert (position) in sidebar with own header and wrapper,
  • Nexus Adverts Integration - this is paid addon and cost 10$! (If you want to buy this addon just send me this quote on web@vct.pl and mail me on the same mail with your PayPal ID),
  • Outside Sidebar Integration - this is paid addon and cost 10$! (If you want to buy this addon just send me this quote on web@vct.pl and mail me on the same mail with your PayPal ID) - with this you can add new sidebar to the right (only) of the board, youtside the main frame of the content (see screens for more details),
  • and more!

here to download this file

The following is the error that get's logged:

[18-Feb-2011 09:17:47] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of dp31_gsidebars_boardIndexTemplateSkinOverloader::boardIndexTemplate() should be compatible with that of skin_boards_2::boardIndexTemplate() in /home/mysitexyz/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3245) : eval()'d code on line 48

skin #2 is the default IPB mobile skin.

I hope that helps as I'd rather not have to give anyone access to my board unless absolutely necessary.

Hello,

Just purchased the app tonight and it's working great. But I really need something that lets me set a fixed width for the sidebar, leaving the rest of the site to form around it rather than something percentage based. Is that possible? Is there a simple change I can make to do this?

-Ryan

**Actually let me be more specific, I need the sidebar (the right side) to be fixed but the rest of the forum (the left side) to be fluid.

Hi Dawpi,

I liked the application but I am worried as my adsense revenue has drastically reduced... say from 2 avg $ to .25 to .75 avg ..... if you can look into insights... it would be great...

Well.. I don't know what I should say.. :unsure: This isn't my fault.. :o

**Actually let me be more specific, I need the sidebar (the right side) to be fixed but the rest of the forum (the left side) to be fluid.

PM me, I have one idea for it, and ask you for test it.. :)

Hi -

Thanks for answering my question about the portal. Yes, I do consider the portal to be an IPB application. When I log in to my ACP and click on MY APPS, the drop down menu lists the installled applications and 'Portal' is listed as one of my installed application and it is listed as "Official IPS Application."

Given that, does your sidebar work in the portal?

Thanks,

Brian