No Drop-Down Menu/Inline Option to Move Topics in Report Center?

imno007

Okay, guys, I already complained about not being able to move topics returned on searches here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/330738-cant-move-topics-found-on-search/page__p__2072593__fromsearch__1#entry2072593

Now I'm just getting around to realizing that you also can't move (or merge) topics found in the Report Center, except by clicking through them one by one - worse, after you click through the first link, you have to click a second link, "This report is regarding..." to get to the actual topic and move it.

Seriously, who made the executive decision that at every opportunity we will make it impossible for administrators/moderators to move topics en masse? I've got admins up at arms because they hate that I made the switch from SMF to IPB and I'm spending a lot of time defending the decision, and then I run into things like this that just don't make a lot of good sense to me, because these kinds of features just seem like basic good functionality that any forum software should have. Will someone please tell me that this is something that's going to be addressed in a very near-future release?

I've looked and haven't been able to find any addons/hooks that will allow this. If anyone knows of one and can point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

Right, well, missing basic features like this, as well as some of those niggling performance issues I've mentioned in other posts... Unfortunately, I had to switch back to smf, a royal pain. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next version will be an improvement. I like the software on the whole and don't consider it a complete wash, as I'll likely be able to use it on another site before long. Cheers!

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you have encountered. Feedback such as this is useful and helpful to the developers so that they can determine what to keep, change or get rid of altogether.

So that the developers will see this, I'll move this topic to the feedback forum.

Great to hear it will get some attention!

I much dislike the current implementation of the Reports section as well. I had to do some cleanup recently, and had to spread th eworkload over a few weeks, because it si so darn user-unfriendly. A maximum of 1 page at a time can be manipulated, I'd really like a feature whereby you can select for a certain status and time period, and collectively handle those. What I had to do could have been a 5 minute job, and it did literally take me more than few days in total time spent on it to accomplish this.

It also is very hard to find specific items, even if you know the date on which it occurred. There really should be a Search feature, plus a proper ordering, selectable, not only by status and date/time, but also by forum, by member(s) reported, by moderator, etc.

My 2c :D.

Kindest regards, Wim

i gave the report centre a good chance but its not liked by my staff or my self
most of the reports get un-noticed with it stuck right at the top of the forum.
i would like to see a way of having it totally removed/disabled and an option to have the reports sent to a forum instead (staff forum)
at least they are seen there and are included in the search function, that way there not over looked.
it also keeps all the staff messages, problems and reports in one place.
thank you

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay, guys, I already complained about not being able to move topics returned on searches here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/330738-cant-move-topics-found-on-search/page__p__2072593__fromsearch__1#entry2072593

Now I'm just getting around to realizing that you also can't move (or merge) topics found in the Report Center, except by clicking through them one by one - worse, after you click through the first link, you have to click a second link, "This report is regarding..." to get to the actual topic and move it.

Seriously, who made the executive decision that at every opportunity we will make it impossible for administrators/moderators to move topics en masse? I've got admins up at arms because they hate that I made the switch from SMF to IPB and I'm spending a lot of time defending the decision, and then I run into things like this that just don't make a lot of good sense to me, because these kinds of features just seem like basic good functionality that any forum software should have. Will someone please tell me that this is something that's going to be addressed in a very near-future release?

I've looked and haven't been able to find any addons/hooks that will allow this. If anyone knows of one and can point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

Okay, it's been over two years now, so no one can accuse me of being impatient. Just curious: has this functionality been added yet TIA!

Archived