Download: Hide All Tags From Groups

NenaDice

File Name: Hide All Tags From Groups
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 16 Jan 2011
File Updated: 17 Jul 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will hide all the tags from the groups of your choosing.

1) Media Tags
2) Code Tags
3) Quote Tags
4) Email Links
5) Image Links
6) Url Links

You can enable/disable each tag separately at the hook Settings area.
There you can enter also your own custom message that you want to appear to groups instead of the hidden content and choose which forums you can exlude. i.e.
that you don't want to hide the tags to groups.

To see how the hook looks like when used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Atm it support only the forum.

Originally was made to hide the tags from guests but now I updated it to hide them from other groups as well.

Click here to download this file

Long time someone to produce a usefull hook like this..

Something that the forums realy needs..

There is plenty of modifications out there that nobody is interesting to produce them anymore..

Hooks that the pro forums need them desperly..

This is nice one NenaDice :)

Thank you for your feedback and your business :)

The Hide Links From Guests will hide only links from guests. Whereas this hook will hide all the the contents posted between the bb tags. And you can enable/disable each tag seperately.

I am asking because the Hide Links From Guests I have on my forum seems to be hiding media, for example videos from YouTube...

I am asking because the Hide Links From Guests I have on my forum seems to be hiding media, for example videos from YouTube...

Yes, both hooks do that. But this hook will hide the contents from guests for the extra tags as well, like the code and quote tags for example. Plus you can enable and disable them seperately. But if it is only links that you want to hide, then you probably don't need this hook.
  • 3 weeks later...

This hook is bad for SEO,if you hide all these things from search engines then google,yahoo will remove you're site from search and stop indexing you're site trust me it's true because it's in there guidelines not to hide any links,and because search engines is treated as guest these kind of hooks will make you get remove from search engines like google ect...

Hiding text or links in your content can cause your site to be perceived as untrustworthy since it presents information to search engines differently than to visitors. Text (such as excessive keywords) can be hidden in several ways, including:

Using white text on a white background

Including text behind an image

Using CSS to hide text

Setting the font size to 0

Hidden links are links that are intended to be crawled by Googlebot, but are unreadable to humans because:

The link consists of hidden text (for example, the text color and background color are identical).

CSS has been used to make tiny hyperlinks, as little as one pixel high.

The link is hidden in a small character - for example, a hyphen in the middle of a paragraph.

If your site is perceived to contain hidden text and links that are deceptive in intent, your site may be removed from the Google index, and will not appear in search results pages.

When evaluating your site to see if it includes hidden text or links, look for anything that's not easily viewable by visitors of your site. Are any text or links there solely for search engines rather than visitors?

If you do find hidden text or links on your site, either remove them or, if they are relevant for your site's visitors, make them easily viewable. If your site has been removed from our search results, review our Webmaster Guidelines for more information. Once you've made your changes and are confident that your site no longer violates our guidelines.

This hook is bad for SEO,if you hide all these things from search engines then google,yahoo will remove you're site from search and stop indexing you're site trust me it's true because it's in there guidelines not to hide any links,and because search engines is treated as guest these kind of hooks will make you get remove from search engines like google ect...

If you do find hidden text or links on your site, either remove them or, if they are relevant for your site's visitors, make them easily viewable. If your site has been removed from our search results, review our Webmaster Guidelines for more information. Once you've made your changes and are confident that your site no longer violates our guidelines.

As I told you in the other thread, this is not true. This type of hook is widely used in many softwares and it has never caused a problem.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is not a true problem.... it is possible to create a new group used for crawling (there's a specific function in ACP that allow to associate the bot to a specific usergroup) and exclude this group from hided contend .... the group can be hided too to the other members (not showed in the user list)....

Simply GREAT :D thank you NenaDice :)
%7Boption%7D

Just a problem, in the code Hide tag message, i have writed:

<div class="message error">Ciao Straniero! <a href="index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register">Registrati</a> oppure <a href="index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login">Accedi</a> per visualizzare questo contenuto</div>

But when a guest go to click the Register link or the Log-In link, don't work, the link is not correct: Bad-link:

http://www.myforum.net/forums/index.php/topic/9-topic-content/index.php?[color="#FF0000"]app=core&module=global&section=register[/color]

Correct link should be:

http://www.myforum.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

How can i fix it?

Solved____________________________________________________

Nothing, i have solved with a simply "../" :D thank you :)

just buy it, and works very good. :)

Do you have found a method to solve this problem? For you the hidden links or tags are hiddenn from the preview too? If so, please let me know how u have solved please.
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/328746-download-hide-links-from-guests/page__st__60

Thanx Antrax:12.

I did not notice before, but Spud1 is right the links in tags are visible in topic preview :/ , please Nenadice cover that side.

i think this in the only failure in this great MOD, if you can fix this would be great.

thanks for your support. ;)

• 5 months later...

Archived