Improved warning system - Predetermined points for punishments

7SiN

On my site, we have various warnings/infractions worth certain points. So that way saying a cuss word is worth 1 point and someone flaming a staff member is worth 7. Now, we have around 15 things that if people do something, they receive x points. It's hard for my staff to refer back and forth from one page to the next to determine what they deserve. And then looking at the point total they currently have + points given, then looking at our break down as to when they reach x point they receive x days of suspension...well it gets rather cumbersome and I think the software could do this very easily and make the life of all forum owners much easier.

Things I would like to see in bullet form (easier to read :P ):
1. Make a list of infractions/warnings to give out and put a point total to it so there is no discrepancy between each staff member (some are more harsh than others so that helps).
2. Allow it to be a verbal warning without increasing the point value.
3. In the post, show that that post was what was given with the warning. In the note in the warning, it should automatically include this link for other staff/admin team to review to see if there is a shady staff member picking on people he doesn't personally like.
4. Set a suspensions/bans for various point levels. I.E. 10 points = 1 week suspension, 20 points = 3 weeks, 30 = 2 months, 40 = 1 year, etc
5. Set the warnings on the persons profile for staff to preview.
6. Set the warnings in the user control panel for user to see why they were given a warning.

Sorry if this was suggested already. I'm in a crunch for time and post this quickly.

This is fantastic! This is just the same warning system I use on my IPB 2 forum! The list of warnings (but not integrated :( ), verbal warning, suspensions (actually premoderation, read only and ban) and all other. Maybe exept warnings view

• 2 weeks later...

On my site, we have various warnings/infractions worth certain points. So that way saying a cuss word is worth 1 point and someone flaming a staff member is worth 7. Now, we have around 15 things that if people do something, they receive x points. It's hard for my staff to refer back and forth from one page to the next to determine what they deserve. And then looking at the point total they currently have + points given, then looking at our break down as to when they reach x point they receive x days of suspension...well it gets rather cumbersome and I think the software could do this very easily and make the life of all forum owners much easier.

Things I would like to see in bullet form (easier to read :P ):

1. Make a list of infractions/warnings to give out and put a point total to it so there is no discrepancy between each staff member (some are more harsh than others so that helps).

2. Allow it to be a verbal warning without increasing the point value.

3. In the post, show that that post was what was given with the warning. In the note in the warning, it should automatically include this link for other staff/admin team to review to see if there is a shady staff member picking on people he doesn't personally like.

4. Set a suspensions/bans for various point levels. I.E. 10 points = 1 week suspension, 20 points = 3 weeks, 30 = 2 months, 40 = 1 year, etc

5. Set the warnings on the persons profile for staff to preview.

6. Set the warnings in the user control panel for user to see why they were given a warning.

Sorry if this was suggested already. I'm in a crunch for time and post this quickly.

Yes the warning panel / system need an overhaul

I would like to add make it easier to get the warn panel. Like offering a link in the report center or else where. Its hard to get there without a lot of work..

Also change the warning bar color. Blue is not bright enough Yellow /orange or Red would be good or a combination of the three. So for example a verbal zero point warning is yellow a low point warning or warning under a certain percent is orange and a high warning or a warning bar over a percent is Red.

Yes the warning panel / system need an overhaul

I would like to add make it easier to get the warn panel. Like offering a link in the report center or else where. Its hard to get there without a lot of work..

Also change the warning bar color. Blue is not bright enough Yellow /orange or Red would be good or a combination of the three. So for example a verbal zero point warning is yellow a low point warning or warning under a certain percent is orange and a high warning or a warning bar over a percent is Red.

<3 the suggestions! Let's keep em coming! I would love for things to be easier for us :D

• 2 weeks later...

this is good idea, but function like this

is way much beter and complete

These functions "HUGELY" increase and stimulate members to make interactions on forum by combining points+reputation+warning...etc

but this "interaction" is not IPS 's focus from their reply....IPS focus more on adding function instead of stimulate people to interact stilll until this stage

Actually it doesn't function like that at all!! It's function is to make giving out warnings fair across the board. There is always bias when it comes to staff and giving out warnings. Some staff think that "x" is worse than "y" while another thinks opposite so they warn accordingly. What this feature would allow is, everyone on the site to be warned the exact same, removing any bias (whether it's for the action or the person they are going to be giving a warning to).

I'm pretty sure you did not understand my suggestion at all...what so ever.

Archived