Download: Bouncy Sticky Notes

AnthonyKinson

File Name: Bouncy Sticky Notes
File Submitter: AnthonyKinson
File Submitted: 11 Jan 2011
File Updated: 14 Feb 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Bouncy Sticky Notes allows you to create an unlimited amount of dynamic sticky notes throughout your forum. Sticky notes are preserved across all your forum pages using HTML5 Local Storage and can be dragged and dropped anywhere you like.

HTML5 Local Storage is compatible with all modern web browsers (IE, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and requires no database querys, all note data is stored locally to the users browser!

Bouncy Sticky Notes also comes with group permissions so you can control use of the hook.

%7Boption%7D
HTML5 Powered with Connectivity / Realtime, and Offline & Storage

Click here to download this file
  • 3 weeks later...

This is one those things that I'd dreamed IPB would be able to do one day! Awesome!

So, do you get user permissions as to who can create a sticky note and which groups get to read it and so on?

Maybe I'm getting something wrong, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the notes could be sent to other users or groups so that they could read them, but after testing it it seems you can only use them for yourself?

This is one those things that I'd dreamed IPB would be able to do one day! Awesome!

So, do you get user permissions as to who can create a sticky note and which groups get to read it and so on?

Maybe I'm getting something wrong, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the notes could be sent to other users or groups so that they could read them, but after testing it it seems you can only use them for yourself?

The notes are local only, they only exist in your browser window, there is group permissions within the sticky note settings in the AdminCP so you can control which groups can use the sticky notes. The sticky notes use HTML5 Local Storage to store it's content so there's no way at the moment for others to view or edit your notes.

I'm looking at adding some controls which will allow you to define if a note is static to the page it was created on, or global throughout the forum (current method) also i guess i could add an option to store a note locally in the forums database for making public sticky notes. This would be good for leaving a sticky note on a certain page for other admin to see when something needs doing rather than going through the process of sending all the admin PM's.

There's lots of cool things we could do with the sticky notes :)

there is a problem with ie in this line ...

<li id='sticky_note_button' class='row1'><a id='sticky_note' onclick="STICKIES.new();" title="New Sticky Note">New Sticky Note</a></li>

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Zeitstempel: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:31:25 UTC

Meldung: Bezeichner erwartet

Zeile: 4288

Zeichen: 10

Code: 0

there is a problem with ie in this line ...

<li id='sticky_note_button' class='row1'><a id='sticky_note' onclick="STICKIES.new();" title="New Sticky Note">New Sticky Note</a></li>

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Zeitstempel: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:31:25 UTC

Meldung: Bezeichner erwartet

Zeile: 4288

Zeichen: 10

Code: 0

in english

expected identifier

This uses HTML5 Local storage, does your version of IE support that? Also, do you have anything else using jquery in your forum?

Just tested my dev board with IE9 (latest build) and IPB just doesn't work properly in it. When ever i click to open the drop down menu it takes me to my profile page, and i cant even access anything in my dropdown menu to test if it works or not.

You can enabled the global button in the sticky notes hook (Adds button to top right of each page) and that launches the sticky notes, however they don't seem to be dragable in IE9.

Can't do much about IE9 though as it is a Beta browser, and lots of stuff in IP.Board itself seems to be failing in it.

look..

HTML5 Local Storage is compatible with all modern web browsers (IE, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and requires no database querys, all note data is stored locally to the users browser!

i have payed for this hook, but it will not work on ie8 or ie9-rc!
sorry ie is the second of the most used browser of the world and it doesn't work on it.
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The file version its compatible with is clearly indicated on the description page:

Supported IPS Software Version: 3.1.4

I shall contact the author regarding its support in its current state, however the 3.1.x series is still supported by IPS and is not EOL.
  • 9 months later...

Archived