Multi-mod On Reply

Ryan H.

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Multi-mod On Reply

File Submitter: Ryan H.

File Submitted: 31 Dec 2010

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This plugin allows you to apply any custom multi-moderation actions to a topic while replying, in addition to the default open/close/pin options provided.

This would, for example, allow you to mark a topic as 'Answered' directly from a reply, or reply and move it at the same time.

It also supports prefix and tag multi-mods if you have Advanced Tags & Prefixes installed.

here to download this file

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Ryan,

I really like your Advanced Tags & Prefixes mod! I'm trying to set it up to monitor progress in our (hidden) team fora, but I run into a rights issue when I added the Multi-mod On Reply hook. We introduced prefixes like: Waiting, In Progress, Cancelled, On Hold and Done with nice icons. This works just fine and with the Multi-mod On Reply hook I'd liked to introduce the option to change the prefix directly from a reply.

I've added the Topic Multi-Moderation records and configured the rights and they show up in the Topic Moderation Menu (topic view), but they don't show up in the reply drop-down. When I configure the Topic Multi-Moderation action to be fore -- ALL FORUMS -- it does show, but that's not what I want :smile:

We are using IP.Board 3.2.3 (I know, we're working on an upgrade....) with IPB 3.2 - AdvancedTagsPrefixes 2.1.1 and the latest version of your hook. I think we run into a compatibility issue, but I'm not sure...

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks!!!

Hi Ryan,

I really like your Advanced Tags & Prefixes mod! I'm trying to set it up to monitor progress in our (hidden) team fora, but I run into a rights issue when I added the Multi-mod On Reply hook. We introduced prefixes like: Waiting, In Progress, Cancelled, On Hold and Done with nice icons. This works just fine and with the Multi-mod On Reply hook I'd liked to introduce the option to change the prefix directly from a reply.

I've added the Topic Multi-Moderation records and configured the rights and they show up in the Topic Moderation Menu (topic view), but they don't show up in the reply drop-down. When I configure the Topic Multi-Moderation action to be fore -- ALL FORUMS -- it does show, but that's not what I want :smile:

We are using IP.Board 3.2.3 (I know, we're working on an upgrade....) with IPB 3.2 - AdvancedTagsPrefixes 2.1.1 and the latest version of your hook. I think we run into a compatibility issue, but I'm not sure...

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks!!!

There may be an issue with the permissions or scope... I'll have a look when I have time, but it might be a day or two.

You know what?.. congratulations. You found a bug that's been there for the entire two years this has been on the Marketplace. :) It wasn't passing the forum ID through properly.

Resolved, packaged, uploaded, should be good to go. It'll still be compatible with all IPB versions 3.1+.

• 2 months later...

I think I understand that this will allow any user who has permissions to do a Topic Multi-Moderation action while adding a reply. But is there currently a way to automate this so that every time someone adds a reply a default Topic Multi-Moderation is executed automatically? We're trying to use this in a support forum where if a topic is "answered" and then six months later someone adds a reply we reset the topic back to "not answered" automatically.

UPDATE: Actually, if we can just give someone who replies the option to choose from a subset of the Topic Multi-Moderation choices, so that the user himself can choose to mark it "not answered", that would be great too.

I think I understand that this will allow any user who has permissions to do a Topic Multi-Moderation action while adding a reply. But is there a way to automate this so that every time someone adds a reply a default Topic Multi-Moderation is executed automatically? We're trying to use this in a support forum where if a topic is "answered" and then six months later someone adds a reply we reset the topic back to "not answered" automatically.

Sorry, but that's not quite within the scope of this hook. You're better off with a small custom hook to provide that functionality--but I can't help you much with that.

• 1 year later...

Hi Ryan,

We're using a similar setup as Jorim described above:

We introduced prefixes like: Waiting, In Progress, Cancelled, On Hold and Done with nice icons. This works just fine and with the Multi-mod On Reply hook I'd liked to introduce the option to change the prefix directly from a reply.

And it works almost as expected. When I change the prefix, via de multi mod action, from Waiting to In Progress, the prefix is changed, but Waiting is added as a tag to that topic. When I change it again to Done, In Progress is also added as a tag. It's not that bad, but it's not really what I expected.

Did I configure something incorrectly or does this sound like a bug?

I use the following settings:

• Exclude Super Moderators from 'Required Prefix': No
  • Add topic prefix to the page title: Yes
  • Show prefixes on main page: Yes
  • Hide prefix from a topic's tag list: Yes
  • Show tags in topic list: Yes

On IPB 3.4.6 with Advanced Tags & Prefixes 2.1.6 and Multi-mod On Reply v1.0.2

I hope you can help us out! Thanks! smile.png

Okay, not the answer I was hoping for, but the answer I was expecting... smile.png

I did some more testing and it looks like it's a problem with the combination of both the plugins. When I change the prefix with multi-moderation from the topic-list, it goes well. When I change the prefix from a reply with the same multi-moderation action, the old prefix is added as a tag.

Could you give me some pointers to take a look at to investigate what's happening?

Thanks!

Okay, not the answer I was hoping for, but the answer I was expecting... smile.png

I did some more testing and it looks like it's a problem with the combination of both the plugins. When I change the prefix with multi-moderation from the topic-list, it goes well. When I change the prefix from a reply with the same multi-moderation action, the old prefix is added as a tag.

Could you give me some pointers to take a look at to investigate what's happening?

Thanks!

Okay, that's helpful to know. Ah...all I can tell you is that there's some code in this hook that duplicates a portion of the full AT&P app (for the reply multimod -> prefix functionality). I remember correcting such an issue in the full app, but it must have never made its way here. Need to find the parallel code and then make the same correction.

It's been a very long time since I touched either of these, so I can't give much in the way of specifics. I'll try to take a quick look tonight.