Holiday Closure, Nov 26 & 27 ×

Community

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

File Name: Facebook Like Box File Submitter: Lewis P File Submitted: 30 Dec 2010 File Category: User and Social Engagement Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Bo

As much of a compliment that is, I'm not Michael. ;)

Is there a 4.0 version available yet or still in the works?

Posted Images

Sorry, but at present it does seem to at this end. I enable the Activity hook, yours works. I disable it, yours doesn't work. No other changes made whatsoever.

Having installed "blank sidebar 1.0.2" and directly copied and pasted the Like Box HTML from Facebook (with a minor amendment to the width/height values to tweak the fit), I have the Like Box showing in the sidebar no problems at all.

It may be something with the confirmed Facebook bug referred to above then, everything was fine with this hook until whatever Facebook did to break it occurred.

I removed this hook from this site once before because I couldn't make people realize that when Facebook changes thing it can break this hook, and there's nothing I can do to fix that until I have information from Facebook on what to change. I'm considering whether or not I have to do that again.

Fellows, it's not the hook, it's Facebook. I've had it at times not working and then it comes back, it's a FB thing.

The hook has not been working for a few days now. Give it a few more, if it does not come back on it's own than FB has changed something permanently. If so I hope that Michael can update as it is a very excellent sidebar for promoting the boards. Thank you for this Michael.

JB

I will keep an eye on things and see if Facebook has changed something with this, and update this hook if necessary. Right now, this hook is generating the exact code Facebook says should work to display a Like Box, and it's not working. This issue affects anyone using a Facebook Like Box, not just users of this hook.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have 2 like boxes on the side bar at one go? If i had 2 pages i wanted promoting? Maybe id have to edit the hook name or something then import another ? do you know if i could do that ? or ill experiment on my test site..

• 2 months later...

Can I modify the iframe somewhere? cause it works great but the code is not valid. The iframe will show up absolute and it currently overlaps part of my navigation, if I could just add a width and height in the iframe instead of a style tag or stylesheet it works.

• 3 weeks later...

@Michael, my Facebook like Box suddenly quit working while I havent changed anything in its settings or the other settings of the forum. It now says: ""Plugin cannot be rendered with the specified parameters."
any idea how this happened and how this fix this?

Did you just reply to your own post? :logik:

If you didn't change anything, then it's probably an issue on Facebook's end. I can't fix Facebook.

Now that is emberassing lol, and maybe I will wait a bit and see if it fixes up, though if it would be an issue over at Facebook more people should have it.

There's a new option on Facebook as of a few days ago, to display a different border color (i.e. to match your forum bg color) - would be great to have the plugin include that option - esp. on the dark version where the border is white.