Holiday Closure, Nov 26 & 27 ×

Community

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Facebook Like Box

File Submitter: Lewis P

File Submitted: 30 Dec 2010

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Shows a Facebook Like Box in a sidebar hook based on your site's Facebook page. Note that in order to have a Facebook Like Box, you must have both a Facebook Page and a Facebook App. If you already use Facebook Connect for your site, you can use the same App ID in this hook.

here to download this file

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

File Name: Facebook Like Box File Submitter: Lewis P File Submitted: 30 Dec 2010 File Category: User and Social Engagement Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Bo

As much of a compliment that is, I'm not Michael. ;)

Is there a 4.0 version available yet or still in the works?

Posted Images

I was seeing a big FB logo, but it magically works now, all i did was to remove the w:h, dont think it can be that though, can it? Must have been some connecting lag or something.

Yes, probably some issue with Facebook at the time.

How can i used this in my IP Content?

You can't, really. What you can do is go to Facebook and create a Like Box using their wizard, and put the code it gives you into an IP.Content block.

Facebook changed the way they do Like Boxes, the old version won't work anymore. All this hook does is take what Facebook's own Like Box wizard figures out as the code to show this on a page, and shows it in a sidebar block. You're saying that when you fill out that page with your info it works, but doesn't work in this hook?

Then you're not filling out the settings correctly, or it's some issue with the support for the Like Box in your locale is still old. That version used just the application ID, but Like Boxes now require the full URL to the page. They also don't work with Facebook applications, which that old version of the hook did.

Then you're not filling out the settings correctly,

well I have filled all requred fields

That version used just the application ID, but Like Boxes now require the full URL to the page.

I knew that

or it's some issue with the support for the Like Box in your locale is still old.

perhaps that is the reason

Thank you anyway :)

I just updated from 1.0.1 from 1.0.4 and had the same issue as the guys above, where it tried to display a large facebook login page or something within the sidebar thingy.
My settings were imported from the old version, so I had the application ID in the URL field instead of the url.
I swapped the ID number for the url, but it still didn't work :huh:
Turns out it doesn't like a trailing slash on the URL
so although www.facebook.com/mysite/ works in a browser, it doesn't work with this plugin, but www.facebook.com/mysite does.
I'm all sorted now, thanks again for the plugin :thumbsup:

Hope this helps someone :)
James

• 2 weeks later...