Topic Template System

HeadStand

Is there any way that you can select a topic that could use a certain topic template? So not all new topics in a forum has the template but only replies in a specific topic?

Say you setup a template and then select a topic to use it in, then instead of a topic template it'll be a reply template? My community have some topics where people need to post the same content in the same structure. It'd be a lot easier if there were a template for them to use in the reply instead.

This mod does not support reply templates.

you can set "available" template more than one per forum.
set also default choose from admin panel it.

Yes but that's still only for a new topic.

This mod does not support reply templates.

I was also asking if it was possible to do it, you said no so it doesn't. Working on a mod that does?

Sorry to sound like a noob, but hoping this will do what I'm hoping. I want to have a form that members have to fill out, and when submitted will reply to the topic? So instead of creating a whole new topic, it replies to it. Is this possible?

That's what I just asked on the other page. I'm looking for the same thing a reply template that could be used on selected topic(s).

• 2 weeks later...

If you move a topic that has the template in it, to another forum then it loses the template bits. I thought they would be added into the actual topic content and not be something that's from outside hooked into the topic content.

If you then move the topic back to the forum that uses the template then it gets readded to the topic. Is there any way to make it stick to the topic no matter what?

• 1 month later...

If you fill text field with Cyrillic letters it becomes like this:

u041fu0440u043eu0432u0435u0440u043au0430

It was the word Проверка.

Also if you don't fill required field, you get message about it, but if you return back to the form, all fields are empty. So you have to fill everything again.

• 1 month later...

getting the following error only on the mobile browsers

Fatal error: Call to a member function formatTextField() on a non-object in /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/admin/applications_addon/other/topictemplate/sources/fields/text.php on line 72

Thanks in advance!

steve k.

​Try to go to ACP -> Look & Feel -> Template Tools

And recache the mobile theme (and if it still doesnt work, rebuild html & css of the app)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hy,

I am very interest to purchase this template and to apply it in my future community, but I have some questions with regards to his applicability in a post.

I would like to know if I can apply it for the followings:

- if this template can be optional or not for each post in a thread?
- do you have something more better the this template released ?
- I understand the template can have “x” field lines and the user can post the rating value desired, but I would really want to see how is looking in a real post on a community if you don’t mind.

My idea for my community is that for some category’s the users to fill a rating form for each post, and in the same time to be optional, because sometimes they will post some pictures and the rating form will not be required.

Example:

Quality                         X ( the user to put direct the rating )
Look                            X ( the user to put direct the rating )
Services                      X ( the user to put direct the rating )

Apply template ( box to be selected by poster)

Please help me because i am a beginner in IT and IP BOard.

Many thanks

Edited by vyypuss

Hy,

I am very interest to purchase this template and to apply it in my future community, but I have some questions with regards to his applicability in a post.

I would like to know if I can apply it for the followings:

- if this template can be optional or not for each post in a thread?
- do you have something more better the this template released ?
- I understand the template can have “x” field lines and the user can post the rating value desired, but I would really want to see how is looking in a real post on a community if you don’t mind.

My idea for my community is that for some category’s the users to fill a rating form for each post, and in the same time to be optional, because sometimes they will post some pictures and the rating form will not be required.

Example:

Quality                         X ( the user to put direct the rating )
Look                            X ( the user to put direct the rating )
Services                      X ( the user to put direct the rating )

Apply template ( box to be selected by poster)

Please help me because i am a beginner in IT and IP BOard.

Many thanks

1. ​Yes, the template can be optional.

2. I'm not sure I understand the question here - "do you have something more better the this template released". What you see is what I have.

3. I do not have any demos or samples available. Perhaps someone here would be willing to post a URL for you to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently having issues with this on our forums, it seems with all the rules setup correctly, some of our members are able to still post without filling out the template. I have double checked this and it will not allow me to post unless I fill in the boxes.... It's only happened twice, we have also doubled checked to make sure they have not edited the post and deleted. Have you had this issue at all?

**Also you are able to just make a space in the box and it will still post, is there a way it could be updated that it has to be a character that's inputted?

• 4 weeks later...

We are currently having issues with this on our forums, it seems with all the rules setup correctly, some of our members are able to still post without filling out the template. 

​I am also having this problem.

In addition, a user has reported this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function formatRadio() on a non-object in ...../applications_addon/other/topictemplate/sources/fields/radio.php on line 119

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...