Enhanced Bulk Mail: Make IPB a Better Marketing Solution

ᴡᴅツ

You'll notice my previous recommendations (listed below) are becoming more geared towards the internet marketing people, which is a solution yet to fully be tapped into by IPS.

1. [url="
  2. [url="
  3. [url="
  4. [url="
  5. [url="
  6. [url="
#5 and #6 are particularly important for markets wanting to sequence automated article publications for their monthly subscription-based membership sites. My 7th thread, this one I'm making right now, is to suggest the same marketing feature of automated publications, except for bulk-emails. What I'm suggesting can be termed as Bulk-Email Scheduling. As the name suggests, admins would be able to setup automated emails that will sequentially be sent out on a certain time frame. It would be nice if "marketing packages" could be created. An example of that is this. Imagine there is a marketing package titled Member Welcome specifically just for new members. The admin could setup 10 emails (templates) that say "hello {member_name}, welcome to the site, here are some features," then another email a week later would be about rules, 4 days after that about special contests the site runs, 5 days after that about the special VIP access, etc. This "marketing package" could be executed as a system task once every 2 weeks where all new members, and that can be defined as members registered in that month the emails are to be sent and have not already received emails, receive the same 10 emails sequentially --- automatically.

This saves the admin's time from copy-pasting the same emails to individually selected members that just registered.

Now wait! This isn't limited to new members. The possibilities are *theoretically* limitless. This could be used to send special email content to paying subscribers. The best thing of all is that the packages can have new emails added to it which will increase the package size.

After reading this, please let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Email marketing is a HOT solution. Look at the traffic rankings of aweber
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/aweber.com

• 1 month later...

Or you could...you know...do it all manually.

One could have a rough .html-file, pass an e-mail along and update the discussions by hand. You get the mail, then edit the file and upload it again. Why a forum? You can do it all manually!

We could do all by hand and use no tools at all, but according to evolution it's not as effecient as building tools and using them.

What if my project handles several timezones? Should I stay up all night to send this one bulk-mail?

• 8 months later...
  • Management

We are looking into solutions for this, yes :)

Email marketing is just not our area of expertise so we have to look at our options. We don't want to just slap something together as you might imagine that would both make IPS look bad and probably hurt your community more than it would help.

Thanks for your input Charles. Do you see suggestions #1 through #6 as viable possibilities in the future of the IP.Board Suite? I'm mainly suggesting these options because they will tremendously help sprouting and long term internet marketers (and hence, hopefully make the IP.Board suite the #1 solution for internet marketers).

Right now online marketers are subject to using various software from Wordpress, WP paid plugins, to email marketing solutions. Many of them are looking for a way to automate their stream of revenue by creating article streams, download drip systems, and an overall effective business. This philosophy goes hand-in-hand with the requests of making IP.Nexus a professionally viable shopping cart solution for not just customers that manage internet communities, but for those that are business inclined.

You guys have a great and competitive suite here. I'm just making suggestions to make it even more awesome :)

• Management

Anything is possible :)

Like I said just trying to sort out a good solution. Since mass-emailing isn't our "thing" we want to be sure we research options and do it right. Otherwise it can backfire with spam complains and all sorts of drama you don't want.

• 1 month later...

Archived